Not loving new L'Oreal bleach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooroo80

Reaction score
Hi all, first post on here!
Anyone not liking the L'oreal studio blond powder lightener? Finding it goes too white too quickly and finding it far too harsh for some finer heads of hair. Salon stocks almost entirely l'oreal but thinking if switching to another more gentle bleach had no problems with the original platifiz!
Any opinions and suggestions would be great, thanks.

I agree it is very strong. You just have to get the right consistency/ratio with it and definitely be mindful to not overlap with it, because it can be very harsh.

I personally like it better than the infinite platine myself. x

I've just started using the multitechniques and the freehand lightner and I really like those two. Otherwise my salon uses Tigi so I use their bleach.

I like the lifting power but hate the smell a few people have commented on the smell of it I'm going go back to blondor next time

I'm trying the new loreal freehand bleach today. I'll keep you posted

I prefer the freehand bleach once olaplex is added. Easier consistency.

Although, once applied and processing, my salon is covered in bleach dust. Like literally covered. What can I do to prevent this?

I prefer the freehand bleach once olaplex is added. Easier consistency.

Although, once applied and processing, my salon is covered in bleach dust. Like literally covered. What can I do to prevent this?
Yeah after Olaplex is added it's much easier to handle. Yeah hold your breath when mixing [emoji23] I use a little whisk to mix up my powders I think that helps a bit.

I have used the L'Oreal whisk and find all the product ends up in the whisk! X

The loreal whisks suck lol

The multi-techniques is very strong, I think its good to stock a few different pre-lighteners for different situations. If you mix your lighteners with a whisk I would really recommend not whisking it up too much/fast, it makes a massive difference in terns of preventing bleach from swelling. That's my tip of the day :p haha.

I'm trying the new loreal freehand bleach today. I'll keep you posted
Hi ☺️
Hope you don't mind me asking but how did it go?
I'm also a blondor girl (blue) but I'm going to do my first free hand balayage tomorrow so was thinking of going for this with olaplex?!?!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1446198175.938962.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1446198198.373691.jpg

This is my during and after on old Maisie. I used it with 12% - I tried 1:1.5 but ended up mixing 1:2. Loved the feel of the product and loved the effect. Obviously Maisie has a bit of Colour already so it only shifted two levels but I loved the filtered effect. I actually prefer we this to Freelighta - they have the same lift power though just the loreal freehand is a much softer effect.

View attachment 191656View attachment 191657

This is my during and after on old Maisie. I used it with 12% - I tried 1:1.5 but ended up mixing 1:2. Loved the feel of the product and loved the effect. Obviously Maisie has a bit of Colour already so it only shifted two levels but I loved the filtered effect. I actually prefer we this to Freelighta - they have the same lift power though just the loreal freehand is a much

Great thanks for letting us know!!
My local Astons had run out of the loreal so had to use blondor for my first free hand try.. It worked really well but I'm still struggling to get the lift with olaplex
But that's for another thread and another time

Ended up doing a massive platifiz order while they still have stock, feel so much more comfortable in foil for me, rep also said they have been getting some negative feedback re studio blond! Still looking for a really good scalp bleach that doesn't compromise on condition? Also still not sure about olaplex/colorplex, if they are worth an investment?

Ended up doing a massive platifiz order while they still have stock, feel so much more comfortable in foil for me, rep also said they have been getting some negative feedback re studio blond! Still looking for a really good scalp bleach that doesn't compromise on condition? Also still not sure about olaplex/colorplex, if they are worth an investment?

If you're not sure olaplex is worth the investment, you obviously haven't used it!!

So worth the investment!! X

Latest posts

Back