Not loving The Gel Bottle

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morffewbriony

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Ive not long been qualified and I am just building my kit ect. I bought 12 the gel bottle colours because I heard good reviews and saw everybody uses them. But i am not getting on with them at all at it doesnt apply very evenly, It not very smooth either and Ifind the consitencey so thick and gloopy. The only colour i like is biab teddy but the rest are horrible. I have bought just one opi gel which i loveee no faults with that but £22 a bottle seems insane. Ive also got mylee but the flood into the side walls so easily and I hate that. Please help I dont know what gel to try next. I know its not my prep or appilcation either.

Are you shaking the bottles well prior to application as this can help mix the colour so it goes on evenly? Xx

You should not need to shake or stir bottles. If that is required for any gel polish, the formulation is not correct.

Why not try the PRIMA gel polishes from IKON.IQ? These don't flood into the side walls, no shrinking or wrinkling, no colour fade or yellowing. Plus the unique pigmentation chemistry means a) only one colour coat is needed which saves time and money, and b) they are fabulous for nail art, so you don't need to but additional gel paints.

We also have a free UV lamp offer that is very popular.

Plus the prices are competitive, especially considering the products are hypoallergenic and unique.

Check out what other customers say in our Facebook group.

You should not need to shake or stir bottles. If that is required for any gel polish, the formulation is not correct.

Why not try the PRIMA gel polishes from IKON.IQ? These don't flood into the side walls, no shrinking or wrinkling, no colour fade or yellowing. Plus the unique pigmentation chemistry means a) only one colour coat is needed which saves time and money, and b) they are fabulous for nail art, so you don't need to but additional gel paints.

Plus the prices are competitive, especially considering the products are hypoallergenic and unique.

Yes you do have to shake MOST gel polish that is what we got told in training !

Yes you do have to shake MOST gel polish that is what we got told in training !

The only reason to shake gel polish is if the pigment has fallen to the bottom and is not evenly dispersed through the polish. A well formulated product has the correct amount of suspension agent in the polish to avoid this, so shaking is not required.

Additionally, shaking can introduce air bubbles in the gel polish.

This is from someone who has tested most gel polishes on the market and develops their own.

Please distribute in Norway. We want ikoniq here. :p

Latest posts

Back