Not making progress with acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

effie

Reaction score
Since completing my nail course I feel I'm not making any progress.
I'm practising as and when I can but and feeling deflated as I feel I'm not improving. I really struggle working on myself and also as a result of keep putting it on and taking it off my skin is becoming dry. I do have a trainer hand but find them not that good or maybe it's just me
I love doing gelish and manicures and pedicures but just can't get the nack of acrylics and feel like giving up! I've even thought about swapping to hard gel but don't want to through money away if I don't get on with that also. I so long to be able to crack it I've wanted to get in to nails/ beauty for years I really thought this was my time to put me first and do something I love

I feel the same with my l&p hun, so know.how you feel. I can apply them and they look beautiful, but then a couple just seem to lift and pop off within a week or so, and I don't know where I'm going wrong I've sat with my manual, I've watched more tutorials but no change. so I got in touch with the girl who taught my course and she told me it would take a good 12-18 months until I'm confident with them but I've arranged some 1-2-1 with her to see if that helps. Perhaps you could try doing that? They do say thay l&p is one of the most difficult to master, no idea how true that is because I haven't trained in anything else. I've been tempted to try doing a gel course. But decided that I want to master l&p first as don't want to be a 'jack of all trades master at none' type of girl lol. not much advice but you certainly aren't alone xx

How long is it since you did your course?

What are the specific problems you are having? Application? Brush control? Lifting?

If you fill out your profile with some information we will be able to help and advise you better :hug:

How long is it since you did your course?

What are the specific problems you are having? Application? Brush control? Lifting?

If you fill out your profile with some information we will be able to help and advise you better :hug:

It's only been a few moths and I know it take many months to perfect acrylics but there has been no improvement. my issue is with the shape (c curve ) and making the 3 zones blend nicely and I think generally I nice over all shape

I've tried different brushes and tips
I trained and use nsi, I'm my happy with tips I use pro impressions but .......there is always a but! :0(
I have been a little stressed at home lately so maybe that's not Helping

Still early days then :hug:

Of course the rate at which your technique improves largely will depend and the quantity and quality of the practice you are managing to get. Are you only doing your own nails or do you use a nail trainer, friends/family?

Still early days then :hug:

Of course the rate at which your technique improves largely will depend and the quantity and quality of the practice you are managing to get. Are you only doing your own nails or do you use a nail trainer, friends/family?

I practising on myself, just a few nails at a time and now and again on the trainer hand but not that keen on it.

I'd book a one-to-one day course if you can, then you can hone in on all your problems, make a list of everything that's bothering you and thrash through it all. . . I did this and it helped loads x

Do you have any friends/family who would allow you to practice? 5 years on and I still find it difficult to do L&P on myself as the angles you're working from are all wrong :(

And also the trainer hands aren't really that great cos how many people do you meet with nails that size and shape lol

If you can practice on some real people then I'm sure you'll find your skill and techniques will improve rapidly :)

I find the proper Creative/Essential Nails training hand to be a God send. Okay, not many people have nails that size etc but it is brilliant for working on your brush angles, product placement and filing tecnique.

Have you read Geeg's tutorials in the articles section of the site hun? they really are invaluable for any tech who is having niggly issues.

Keep at it, practice as much as you can - get friends, family, neighbours, mums from the school etc and charge enough to cover your product cost if you aren't confident enough to charge more and start doing as many sets as you possibly can to help build your confidence and skill :hug: xx

I find that the nail trainer nails being larger than life is the best thing about it. You can perfect your structure and your smoothing and brush work more easily on a larger surface ... Once you have done good nails on the nail trainer, you can do good nails on any size nail ... Smaller is always easier and faster! Lol
The people who practice on a nail trainer, improve faster than those who don't. End of story.

Making beautiful nails is an art. Some people have it naturally, some don't. Some can learn the techniques without being naturally gifted and others can't.

The best technicians are analytical people. They analyse every move they make and watch the causes and effects of what they are doing.

Not everyone has the X factor .... Most don't in fact ... But you never will unless you analyse every move you make ... My book 'nailclass' tells you every move to make!

Latest posts

Back