Not my work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracey1969

Reaction score
I have told my clients when they booked for Xmas i am only doing my designs because i haven't got the time to practice anyone else design. I have over 300 designs but still clients are still showing me other designs which aren't mine. I have told everyone and put it in writtng i haven't got the time frame in there appointment to do this and my clients become off ish with me. I do put designs on my table to view while im doing there nails but still getting other designs. How or what cani do.

If my clients have seen an image they like, I always ask them to show me, or forward it to me by email or text before their appointment. That way I can make sure I have the skill/equipment to do it and make sure I've booked the correct time.
Many of my clients plan their next set with me when they book their next appointment so I'm prepared for it

Yes ive always asked clients to do this but when they change there minds 24hrs before or on the appointment day then it puts me in an awkward position especially when they choose a different design for each nail or they want swarovski crystals on full nails. I do explain to them i only book them for what i call simple nail art.

This lady was only booked in for an hour and that was for removal of gels then reapplied with 2 fingers with nail art. This is the picture she sent me and wants them done in gels.

Attachments

• 1450341774684.jpg
    1450341774684.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 499
This lady was only booked in for an hour and that was for removal of gels then reapplied with 2 fingers with nail art. This is the picture she sent me and wants them done in gels.

Tell her exactly that along the lines of 'Hi, they are lovely very christmassy, you're booked in for an hour appointment for gel polish removal and nail art on two nails, which of those two do you love best and we'll do those? I'm super busy so can't extend your appointment, next time we'll book extra time for you, see you later :D'

If you think painting the images and top coating with Gel Polish will be faster then do it, clients don't know or care what medium you use as long as they look pretty, work smarter not harder :D

Last edited:
I would class these as simple art honestly it's Hardly any work as long as you have all your colours set out, I use shellac and these would only take me a couple of extra minutes. Sorry I'm not much help I know! Xx

I would class these as simple art honestly it's Hardly any work as long as you have all your colours set out, I use shellac and these would only take me a couple of extra minutes. Sorry I'm not much help I know! Xx

Well!! You must be both experienced in nail art AND very artistic if you could achieve this in just a couple of minutes more than plain Shellac!

They're not simple in my book, I would allow 30-40 mins extra (prob wouldn't take that long but I hate pressure)

I don't think she can expect to book in for nail art on 2 fingers and then get all of them done. It's not even like you can whizz over doing them all the same. Trinitys idea is fab :)

Edit to add: would love to know how much extra people would charge for those.

I would say, well it may not be exactly the same as I'll do my own little take on it, more personified for you lol then simplify it

If you can't do them in the time frame you booked just tell them?? If someone books for shellac removal and reapply I book out 30 mins. 10 for removal and 20 for paint incl glitter or simple nail art.
If they want something more detailed well tough titty they should have said ahen they were booking and I could have allocated more time. I just explain I'm sorry but I have somebody booked in right after you and didn't realise you wanted nail art. Would you like some glitter? Shall we book out some more time for your next appointment? And they're always happy with that.

Wow, I take an hour just for removals and redo. Is that 1 nail on each hand with nail art?

I think you could do them fairly quickly, but not that fast lol. I like the message that was advised x

Wow! Nail art is my favorite!
I'm linking it to the posts regarding timings. I don't think many of you skilled nail artists charge anything like your worth in time and skill and to then have clients booked in for a gel manicure who suddenly want nail art on every nail.

Luckily our clients don't ask for it. A but of glitter is them feeling crazy x

Give me glitter to do any day over farting about with art lol. Im not naturally creative! I do it, but it stresses me!

If you can't do them in the time frame you booked just tell them?? If someone books for shellac removal and reapply I book out 30 mins. 10 for removal and 20 for paint incl glitter or simple nail art.
If they want something more detailed well tough titty they should have said ahen they were booking and I could have allocated more time. I just explain I'm sorry but I have somebody booked in right after you and didn't realise you wanted nail art. Would you like some glitter? Shall we book out some more time for your next appointment? And they're always happy with that.

How are you removing the shellac and then prepping the nail in 10 mins? Do you file and shape plus full cuticle work?

How are you removing the shellac and then prepping the nail in 10 mins? Do you file and shape plus full cuticle work?
10 is for removal alone,
The 20 is for file cuticle work and paint.
I use an LED lamp and I just paint fast. I could do it in my sleep now.

Well!! You must be both experienced in nail art AND very artistic if you could achieve this in just a couple of minutes more than plain Shellac!

They're not simple in my book, I would allow 30-40 mins extra (prob wouldn't take that long but I hate pressure)

I don't think she can expect to book in for nail art on 2 fingers and then get all of them done. It's not even like you can whizz over doing them all the same. Trinitys idea is fab :)

Edit to add: would love to know how much extra people would charge for those.

I'm not either so I have no idea how it doesn't take long, suppose I've been doing the same Christmas ones for a few years now! I charge £1 a nail extra generally xx

Ps I do agree about the time thing a client booking nail art on 2 nails and wanting it on all, but I generally give 1 hour for soak off and new set especially at this time of year because I know people want art but even with nail art it's about 45 minutes I just hate rushing!

10 is for removal alone,
The 20 is for file cuticle work and paint.
I use an LED lamp and I just paint fast. I could do it in my sleep now.

I'm more thinking how do you do full cuticle work in such short time? Any hints? X

I'm more thinking how do you do full cuticle work in such short time? Any hints? X

I swear by my Nail & Hand Harmony spoon pusher. Pushes EVERYTHING, even what you can't see back in seconds. Obviously if they have horrendous hard cuticles it may take an extra 5 minutes with cuticle away or so to really sort them out but the 30 mins is an average for those with reasonably good cuticles that take a little pushing back.

Latest posts

Back