Not pleased with end result

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

effie

Reaction score
Did a manicure for a friend today as she she is going to a engagement party tonight and when she came she had brought her own polish, I had real issue with it, it was cheap,thick and didn't flow nice at at,I tried showing her there my opi's flowed better and she was ok and said she was happy with end result but I wasn't

What can you do? As long as you offered her some of your professional polishes then you have covered yourself. If she dares come back just remind her of that! So frustrating when clients don't want to be educated :wink2:

I keep a bottle of Polish Thinner for just these occasions . . . . after having encountered this several times. It doesn't always make the polish perfect but it sure helps . . . . and they just think they're getting a) some polish thinner for nothing and b) more life from their manky old polish and YOU get a better result x

Pain the proverbial though aren't they?

I keep a bottle of Polish Thinner for just these occasions . . . . after having encountered this several times. It doesn't always make the polish perfect but it sure helps . . . . and they just think they're getting a) some polish thinner for nothing and b) more life from their manky old polish and YOU get a better result x

Pain the proverbial though aren't they?

I think polish thinner ruins any polish for good.

Here is a trick every good nail tech should know. If you encounter a thick polish, just add a few drops of Stickey Base coat to the colour until it flows well again. It works and it doesn't dull the shine and it doesn't make the polish go even worse, which using thinner does.

It is more frustrating when clients want you to use their non-professional rubbish and expect a professional-looking result!

Clients always know best (or do they think) I usually add top coat to my polishes that have thickened, as mentioned above polish thinners ruin polished, it seems to separate & doesn't work as nice xx

Thank you for the tips :0) will try that next time

I think polish thinner ruins any polish for good.

Here is a trick every good nail tech should know. If you encounter a thick polish, just add a few drops of Stickey Base coat to the colour until it flows well again. It works and it doesn't dull the shine and it doesn't make the polish go even worse, which using thinner does.

It is more frustrating when clients want you to use their non-professional rubbish and expect a professional-looking result!

Fab tip and I have some of this base coat so shall give that a try! Thank you! :)

Clients always know best (or do they think) I usually add top coat to my polishes that have thickened, as mentioned above polish thinners ruin polished, it seems to separate & doesn't work as nice xx

Base coat works better because it is thinner than top coat and a different formulation all together.

Latest posts

Back