Not sure about wot to charge

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carole Lindsay

Reaction score
Hi all, is the general consensus that when one does a set of infills/rebalance, if the client wants a french manicure polish, it is included in the price or should i be charging extra? if so, how much more?

I include it in the price. :D Takes me no more time, so don't see why I should charge more. :o

If it takes you longer to do French than standard polish, maybe you should charge more though. :?:

HTHs

G. x

I always charge for "finishing" either varnish or nail art - it doesnt seem fair on those who wear their nails "bare" to pay the same as someone who takes an extra 10-15 minutes of your time having them varnished.

Just my thoughts.

I always wonder what to charge for infills, it seems that it is noramlly in other salons about 50% of the price of the set of nails, however I have had a few people not like the £20 on sculpture rebalance. I have now dropped the price of both the infills and full set, mainly though as it is more inlinenow with others in the area.

I'm with Fiona on this one.

I charge for each service, so if the client wants a french manicure, colour or art on her nails, she pays for it. You need to put a value on your services, and not appear to be giving it away for free. Like Fiona says, it's also not really fair on those clients who don't want the extra but still have to pay the same price as those who do.

I dont charge any extra for french polish or colour.......The clients that do not require nail polish have their nails buffed............either way there pinkies shine when they leave the shop.............to me it is part of my service and it is included in the price.............
Just my way of doing it xxxx

JackieMc said:
I'm with Fiona on this one.

I charge for each service, so if the client wants a french manicure, colour or art on her nails, she pays for it. You need to put a value on your services, and not appear to be giving it away for free. Like Fiona says, it's also not really fair on those clients who don't want the extra but still have to pay the same price as those who do.
I find that nearly all of my clients DO want polish & I find that many of them have an "ooh, that's included in the price, that's good" attitude - that's why I made sure my prices covered it and don't charge for it separately! :lol: I charge extra for nail art tho.

G. xx

PS - I tend to apply a little discount for those that aren't having polish, then they love me 'cos they think "ooh, she's given me a discount, what a love!". :cool:

Nailsinlondon1 said:
I dont charge any extra for french polish or colour.......The clients that do not require nail polish have their nails buffed............either way there pinkies shine when they leave the shop.............to me it is part of my service and it is included in the price.............
Just my way of doing it xxxx
Forgot to mention, I buff those that don't want polish to what I call a "supershine" too.

Ruth, I'm with you on this 1! :D

Carole Lindsay said:
Hi all, is the general consensus that when one does a set of infills/rebalance, if the client wants a french manicure polish, it is included in the price or should i be charging extra? if so, how much more?
Hi Carole, I charge £5 less than my fullset for a rebalance service, and £8 less for an infill....personally I charge some for a varnish & some I dont, it depends on my customer & how regularly they use me...hth hun

Hi, i always include a colour polish or french polish in my price i charge. I charge a bout £6 more for a reballance than an infill as it obviously takes a little longer. Also a permanant french reballance would be about £5 dearer than an all clear or all pink one.

I only charge a little more for nail art if that's what the client wants. All this is based on what is charged by others in my area so i'm not cheap but not too dear about the middle price wise.

HTH's:)

You certainly must charge for finishing whether it be applying polish, buff to high shine, or French Manicure. It can either be an obvious charge or built into your price but you must do it.

8 clients per day --- 10-15 minutes for a beautiful polish job --- at 50p per minute that adds up to 60.00 in lost revenue if you dont charge. Goodness, who can afford to work for free?

As for the comment about your clients will like you and think you are 'ever so sweet' if you include freebies ... don't you believe it. They will use your good nature until you mess up one time and then they will be off in a heart beat to some other salon!

Be professional ... act professional ... one day we may get the respect we are due, those of us who are professionals, and not the client's best 'mate'.

You may all be thinking ... man, she sounds a hard one!! I am not. I am as soft as any of you and I too want my clients to like me, but even more I want them to respect me and respect that my time is my living ... so I do not give it away for free.

Thank you to everyone who's given me their opinion. I have to say that i think doing infills/rebalance for £20 (which is what i charge) is cheap enough without throwing in polish as well so i am definitely charging extra for the french polish - what sort of figure do you think is reasonable?

I forgot to add that my price structure includes the time allowance for the pefect finish, be it enamel or buff...................
just an add on lol

Nailsinlondon1 said:
I forgot to add that my price structure includes the time allowance for the pefect finish, be it enamel or buff...................
just an add on lol
Me too chick!! xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back