Not sure what to do!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oasis

Nail Mad
Reaction score
Can anyone advise me with this? I have a lovely client who is having chemo for a very serious form of cancer. I get on really well with her and have a good relationship with her but it is purely work.
I was doing her nails every month until about three months ago but have not heard from her since.
I really want to text her to see if she is ok, but I don't want it to look like I'm hinting about why she hasn't booked or make her feel obliged to book.
Also I'm not sure how to word it. "I hope you're ok". When clearly shes not.
Has anyone had a situation like this and what did you do or what would you do? Xxx

Perhaps something like, "Hi [name] :) I was thinking I hadn't heard from you for a while and just wanted to check in to ask how you're doing! Xx"

It's not too personal, it's not purely business either. Good luck with it, it's really tough knowing where the line is sometimes.

Xx

Thanks Emily, yes that sounds good, I think I'll do that.
Yes, you're right, the lines do get blurred especially being mobile, you get to know them and their familes/pets etc so it's more personal than a salon but still professional.
If I worked in a salon and she was my client I don't think this would even be an issue. Thanks for your help. Xxx

You could mention that you've heard that chemo can affect nail growth & if there's anything you could do to help her with nail problems.

Latest posts

Back