Not very busy!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for your words everyone, I felt very alone with it as I know other stylists who are telling me they’re all busy. They might not be telling the truth, but either way it was making me feel like it was me!! And then you start questioning how good you are at your job etc. Fingers crossed for us all xx

I think we are all a bit naturally prone to telling people we are busy wen we aren't - gives a more positive view of your business.
My hairdresser was telling me that her bookings were keeping up but in the conversation it became clear that she was actually only in 3 days a week.
Also, my appointment was on a Wednesday afternoon and I was out by half past 3. By the time I had got back to my car and drove past the salon, it was all dark and closed up!...so obviously i was the last for the day.

We are all just trying to keep ticking over and come out the other side in tact, everyone's the same with reduced demand. You are not alone.

I was at a salon last week getting my hair done and she told me they are quiet. Says Saturdays which were usually so busy and now quiet. Nobody went to the beauty room either when I was in there for 3 hours. I only got my hair done as it hasn’t been done in 9 months. I usually spent money in a beauty salon too but I haven’t been able to anymore due to lack of income. It’s so hard as us customers want to come for a treatment but we can’t afford it anymore x

Hi @francesXXX,

I completely understand your concern, and agree with the comments already made about clients not booking ahead for Christmas due to the uncertainty and the way things are at the moment.

Please don't be disheartened, I'm sure it will pick up in the coming weeks, and your regulars will want to support you.

In my salon, we typically have a bit of a lull around this time of year anyway - with people holding off to have treatments done nearer to the party season/Christmas. As mentioned above, I have noticed people are definitely being more cautious with booking as a result of Covid and the knock on effects - health concerns, money concerns, perhaps not having as much disposable income, and not having events in the diary.

Perhaps in your quieter times you could look into learning some new skills in your niche, with the view to use them when things do pick up. It also helps keep you busy and in a positive mindset, knowing you are still doing something productive to help in the future.

We will get through this and come out the other side.

Good luck :)

This is so relieving to hear but also I’m sorry we’re all going through the same

Hi, were currently i full lockdown in wales but before that, it was local lockdown, during the local lockdown i was dead when i usually busy, people out of the area etc also ive found some clients are also struggling for money regarding their jobs, its having a knock on effect. Christmas will also take a hit being in full lockdown as theres not enough time to squeeze that one in before 😕
The only thing thats keeping me positive is that it will build back up again, for me its the sanity of not working and sitting around thats the worst but rest assured it will build back up and your not alone x

I don't know what treatments you offer but I'm finding my clients are wanting my more 'destressing' treatments at the minute. With the party season canceled, lashes, nails etc. are a no but facials, reflexology and indian head massage are booming. If you don't offer these services could you offer a luxury nail repair treatment with a hand mask, cuticle repair etc? Or a head, neck and shoulders massage if you don't do Indian head massage. People are really stressed at the minute, needing time for themselves, can't go on holiday and don't have a lot to look forward to so a bit of me time is just what they need. I'm not offering discounts, just letting my clients know what luxury treatments are available. I've found that my regulars never look at my price list and didn't even know half of the treatments I offer because they just came for their nails etc. because that was ' their thing' so once they didn't need them doing anymore they just stopped coming but once they realised they could have something else instead they've started coming back again. Also, during lockdown people started doing their own nails but you can't do your own facial or massage! Hope things pick up and I'm just hoping we don't go into full lockdown again here. I really feel for those that have.

Latest posts

Back