Not vibrant enough

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldigga

Reaction score
I did a colour today and it didn't quite go to plan,the client is a base 6 and had already been having highlights (half head),today she asked for a root fade going into a a red/violet,she had a picture,I done a few more finely weaved foils on top feathering in V formations,I rinsed,dried off and done koleston 5/0 + 6% on the roots and koleston 55/66 + 9% on the ends,it didn't come up vibrant at all and was quite dark, the highlights were just slightly lighter,I thought 9% would have given it a good lift,any ideas as to what I should try now?

Last edited:
first of all was the hair virgin where she was level 6? Or was that coloured? 5/0 is quite dark and wellas reds always feel a little flat to me. Colour tends to build up even if its professional colours so that could be why its dull especially if there was green or gold mixed into her old colour making her more neutral or more copper. Might I ask why you went a level darker to the original colour?

I'm still a student hairdresser by the way so forgive me if I'm a little wrong

If you want vibrant colour, you really need to use either Goldwell's Elumen or a direct dye on a pre-lightened base.

Latest posts

Back