Not well and new client coming

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlo nails

Reaction score
Hi girls I wondered if any of you have been in my situation at the moment and what you did or what you would do.

I have been awake since12 last night with a pain in my chest, anyway I have been to the doctors and I have a virus called costochondritis which basically is inflammation of the cartilages that join the ribs to the breastbone. I am in so much pain that he has give me some strong painkillers..anyway I have a new client coming tomorrow just for a polish as she is getting married and I have no contact number for her, my fault as when she rang I was on my way to do school run and then realised when the call ended that she called from a withheld number...I don't think I'm going to be well enough to do it as the doc says it will take a few days till I start feeling ok...so ladies I have waffled on in self pity lol...what would you do in this situation? I never get I'll :sad: and to top it off I have the worse cold sore ever....going back under my duvet now...

Personally I would just man up and do it!

It's only a polish..so half an hour .. then your done and she can get married happy :)

Hi girls I wondered if any of you have been in my situation at the moment and what you did or what you would do.

I have been awake since12 last night with a pain in my chest, anyway I have been to the doctors and I have a virus called costochondritis which basically is inflammation of the cartilages that join the ribs to the breastbone. I am in so much pain that he has give me some strong painkillers..anyway I have a new client coming tomorrow just for a polish as she is getting married and I have no contact number for her, my fault as when she rang I was on my way to do school run and then realised when the call ended that she called from a withheld number...I don't think I'm going to be well enough to do it as the doc says it will take a few days till I start feeling ok...so ladies I have waffled on in self pity lol...what would you do in this situation? I never get I'll :sad: and to top it off I have the worse cold sore ever....going back under my duvet now...

Aww hope you feel better soon. Personally if it's just a polish and being as its her wedding I would just do it. But that's me. I've worked through horrendous things over the years.

Failing that perhaps you know someone who could do it for her, who you trust. Good luck x

I would probably say the same as above unless you know of another professional you can pass the work too? The problem is of you upset this woman on her wedding day your name might get muddied.

I feel really sorry for you though and hope you get better soon x

Sent from my GT-I9100P using SalonGeek

Unless I have been physically sick with a bug, I always perform the treatment. I think, 'my client is really looking forward to xxx treatment tonight, so I should do my best'. I have been known to perform aromatherapy massage with tissues shoved up each nostril to stop it from running LOL! ;)

I can man up thank you I never complain but when you have severe chest pain it's not that easy...but yes
I think I will just explain the situation when she arrives...the last thing I would want to do is upset a bride.

I would do I. Have a nice bath before you go bed and get a good night sleep and helpfully youll feel better tomorrow. It's only a polish and it's for her wedding x

Unless I have been physically sick with a bug, I always perform the treatment. I think, 'my client is really looking forward to xxx treatment tonight, so I should do my best'. I have been known to perform aromatherapy massage with tissues shoved up each nostril to stop it from running LOL! ;)

Hahaha that's what I've done too, I usually put it up my nose ifs a back neck and shoulder only and if it's a full body I put tissue up and then put a mask over the top so they don't think I look like a walrus lol.

I would try and do it. Apologise and explain to her when she arrives that you are not well, so sorry if it takes longer etc. I'm sure she will understand. Dose yourself up before she arrives and hope for the best. You never know it may take your mind off it for a bit!

And in the meantime - lots of rest, and feel better soon!!!

I don't mean this in a rude way, but it seems like you don't really have much choice but to do it, if you don't have a contact number for this lady your name will get slaughtered when she turns up tomorrow and you tell her you've cancelled there and then.
Really hope you feel better soon but just take it easy, let her know you're not feeling the best and you're sorry. You never know, she might recommend you for your dedication to the job!
Hope it all goes well!

Whereabouts in Buckinghamshire are you, I'm in MK and happy to help if close by :) x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using SalonGeek

I would explain what you have and give her the choice. I know she can't catch the chest problems as thats something my daughter suffers from but a cold on her wedding day/honey moon is not what she is going to want.

Whereabouts in Buckinghamshire are you, I'm in MK and happy to help if close by :) x

What a lovely offer, thats so kind.
And hope you get better soon xx x

Oh dear, only meant to post once, silly phone! X

Lots of drugs, get through it ... then straight back to bed.

Oh dear, you poor love. Well, I'd say that if the kind lady from MK can't assist you, then do what everyone else has suggested.... get yourself dosed up on your medication (within safe limits of course!!), soldier through for the half hour or so then snuggle back under the duvet with a proud warm glow. Feel better xx

Yep, been there done that, although there was this one time that one fell out :o

I suffer with costocondritis and chronic fibromalgia and unless you have suffered with this pain you can
Only imagine how excruciating this is. Unfortunately only you can decide weather this appointment is achievable. Relax rest and switch off
That's the only way to calm this pain down.xx

I may to could help in Bedfordshire 20mins from MK so depending where you are. Obversely you had another offer also who might be more suited being closer but If there's a problem let me know xx

Latest posts

Back