Notice to all new users and recently qualified technicians

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hailey endrix

Reaction score
Salongeek.com is owned by retailer sweetsquared.com of which one of the directors is CND owner. I created this posted to allow new users to make decisions based on transparent and and non biased information. This forum has some great users, with great knowledge, sadly it's integrity is affected by it's owners sweetsquared.com which discredits it's independency and honesty for reasons I will explain later. In an attempt to resolve this issue I will present full transparency backed with facts and raise questions in certain areas to allow new users to make decisions based on clearer understanding.

Facts Outline:

First of all if you are under the impression this is an independent forum and are directed to sweetsquared.com by any employee/owner or anyone receiving incentives from sweetsquared.com then you have been deceived, which under trading regulation UK is known as deceptive marketing which is ILLEGAL.

Staff member "The Geek" of this site is the owner of this site and sweetsquared.com. Samuel Sweet. Virginia Rouse "Geeg" is also present here. CLICKHERE

Question Raised

Moderator "Noodle" states she voluntarily moderates this "I’m not employed by Salon Geek, my work is entirely voluntary." In her profile she clarifies she does not work or educate for a company. The question I have for moderator "Noodle" is why is she offering "professional" advice when she cannot a professional herself? she is constantly active on this site and we all know that's impossible to do as a nail technician so if she is a none practicing nailtech how can she offer up to date professional advice? She also claims she does not work or educate for any company but constantly peddles sweetsquared.com CLICKHERE Moderator Noodle is breaking rule 6 of this site is she not? 6 - Thou shalt not peddle thy wares.

Summary

It would be nice to remove this distasteful behaviour from this site. Banning moderators and staff members from advertising brands and services would surely be a good and legal start would it not? A moderators role is to moderate the forum and should remain that. We come here to seek genuine opinions, guidance and recommendations from hard working professionals who are experienced in the industry, not product sellers under the guise. I hope this transparency can be achieved.

Thankyou.x

Ownership has never been a secret & there is a difference between activally peddling your wares on here (direct selling) & advising on what systems you use. We all have a preference, it does not mean we are tied in with them.

Unfortunately you took umbridge to something a mod did last week & seem to be taking it rather too much to heart.

Hopefully it will be nipped in the bud quickly before the forum becomes full of personal vendetta posts..

Edited to correct a spelling error (before more conspiracy posts start)

Ownership has never been a secret & there is a difference between activally peddling your wares on here (direct selling) & advising on what systems you use. We all have a preference, it does not mean we are tied in with them.

Unfortunately you took umbridge to something a mod did last week & seem to be taking it rather too much to heart.

Hopefully it will be nipped in the bud quickly before the forum becomes full of personal vendetta posts..

Edited to correct a spelling error (before more conspiracy posts start)
I'm new to the forum, to me it appeared to be a an independent forum for nailtechs after a bit of research I discovered what you already know. I agree with you on preference and direct selling, as a new tech I would love to discuss preferences with professionals as I will learn but I disagree with direct selling. Yes I was upset the mod was very rude but this post is in no way meant to be bitter it was more asking for help for us newly qualified techs.

If you go through all the old posts you will find it its not biased towards any specfic brand, for any treatment. Of course when the Sweets post (sadly Geeg hasnt posted much for a few years now) its going to be about CND - thats the brand they know the best.

You took umbridge to being questioned & rather than discussing the reasons for it rationally, you rambled on about suing the mod & everyone else you could think of without stopping to think about what you were typing.

Roll on a few days & this post has apperared again accusing the mod in question of all sorts.

Please give it up! SG is a wonderful forum to be part of, but you are creating the very kind of negative atmosphere you said you dislike?

As a new member welcome! But please take a moment to think about your future posts & stop accusing members of allsorts.

The moderator was doing her job when she queried why you were claiming to be based in the UK when you are obviously based overseas according to our software.
As you have been unwilling to engage reasonably, I can only conclude this was a deliberate manipulation of the truth.

I wonder why?

As for Noodle not being a professional because she is also a volunteer moderator, words fail me!

If you go through all the old posts you will find it its not biased towards any specfic brand, for any treatment. Of course when the Sweets post (sadly Geeg hasnt posted much for a few years now) its going to be about CND - thats the brand they know the best.

You took umbridge to being questioned & rather than discussing the reasons for it rationally, you rambled on about suing the mod & everyone else you could think of without stopping to think about what you were typing.

Roll on a few days & this post has apperared again accusing the mod in question of all sorts.

Please give it up! SG is a wonderful forum to be part of, but you are creating the very kind of negative atmosphere you said you dislike?

As a new member welcome! But please take a moment to think about your future posts & stop accusing members of allsorts.

The discussion was rational till Noodle for some reason began making assumptions by asking “So I assume you’re over here just visiting then?”. Her actions were unprofessional which led to her breaking a law. Any professional mod would have DM’d these questions rather than posting silly assumptions in a public post to display authority.

I have not accused of “all sorts” I have defined specific factual points, the less nonsense you write the easier it will be.

I am rightfully taking action as she broke a data protection law, something which you and her may not comprehend amongst all sorts.

The moderator was doing her job when she queried why you were claiming to be based in the UK when you are obviously based overseas according to our software.
As you have been unwilling to engage reasonably, I can only conclude this was a deliberate manipulation of the truth.

I wonder why?

As for Noodle not being a professional because she is also a volunteer moderator, words fail me!

Absolutely agreed it’s a mods job to query these things but her approach to the subject was unprofessional and resulted in her breaching laws. If you read the rules you may learn something. https://www.salongeek.com/help/privacy/

You’re also jumping to assumptions ….I wonder why too? Overall you’re not making much sense as you clearly have not read what was written.

Please carefully read everything before posting, it will really help keep things tidy and to the point. Also please avoid assumptions and patronising comments as they are unhelpful.

Oh dear. Yes you are right & everyone else is wrong.

Time for me to leave this thread now as nothing seems to be changing your mindset.

Oh dear. Yes you are right & everyone else is wrong.

Time for me to leave this thread now as nothing seems to be changing your mindset.

Much appreciated, your comments were misconstrued from the beginning.

Much appreciated, your comments were misconstrued from the beginning.

Hi Hailey,

Samuel Sweet here. Am the geek that started this site several years before I started Sweet Squared. Hence why S2 owns this site... because I do and didn't think it made sense to close it down when I got a new job. It is and always will be an open platform for any professional in the industry to discuss professional products, techniques and such.

I have read your complaints here and via email.

You registered Thursday morning and stated that you were located in Vancouver (though you were not). Within 15 minutes you posted an external link which could be viewed as promoting your wares. Noodle (a volunteer here) called this out as violation of our site rules.

I disagree with your position that there was a privacy violation. You posted false and misleading information publicly on the site which lead to moderators investigating and seeking clarity for all those that could have been confused by your incorrect location information. Location is a *required* field that you must agree to divulge prior to registering on the site and is publicly displayed.

I am sorry you are frustrated by this. Our team of volunteers are just trying to do their best for the users of the site.

Going to close this thread down. I understand you want to sue me. Feel free to have your solicitors reach out to obtain the details of my solicitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back