Nouvatan 20%

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelfxx

Reaction score
Hi

This is my first thread so i apologise if i dont do it right.

I did a spray tan yesturday on my boyfriends sister, i previously sprayed her with 14% which she sed was a lovely colour but not dark enough (teenager!) So i said i would spray her with 20% as it is really dark. Everything went well looked dark just after i had sprayed. She sent me a picture this morning and it isnt that dark an she says the 14% was darker! I am now really confused to why this is the case, she has got pale skin could this be the reason? I would appriciate some advise please?

Thanks

I'm interested to know. I sprayed someone 20% they're legs went dark but top half hardly took atall. So next time I sprayed the 20% all over then again on her top half. But her hands and elbows went really dark (too dark even for her) and it made her face really dry. I'm due to spray her again this week but I want to only spray her once all over and am worried it's not going to be dark enough for her

hi there
I am an avid Nouvatanner and I have used the 20% because I wanted to add it to my range to be able to offer a tan for those who want a "dark" tan, you the towie type. anyway. I have a girl who I regularly spray with LA disco and I asked her to try it to compare (disco is 18%). she tried the 20 % and said that she found the colour to be slightly lighter than the disco, but preferred the disco, coz it is a browner brown. Nouvatan tends to be more natural and golden. her dad commented that it looked more natural. she said fade off was fine (and she is extremly pale - but is 16 so has nice young skin). She likes to be really dark, and in fact I spray her with 2 coats of LA disco.

I also tried it on another client. this client has had 12 and 16% nouvatan in the past but foudn she wanted to be darker so she went with the 20%. now this time the colour was gorgeous and exactly what she wanted, howeer, when i went to see her, fade off was awful BUT - she has been jogging and sweating and using a lot of oil. so i cant really say whether fade off was due to product or sweating.

Also
I decided I would try the 20 as a rapid tan on myself. Oh dear!. I got my hsuband to spray me (as he usually does a not too bad job) and then 3 hours later i washed it off, expecting to see the results of about 10% which is what i wold normally spray myself with. Once I got out the shower, i would say if I had to put a percentage on it, i would say that it was about 4%, ie I had bearly changed colour. By bed time i was about 7% and then by the morning I would say my face was about a 12% and my arms were about an 8%, but this is problaby down to hubbys spraying technique than anything else. Also I dont usually notice much smell when I use the 10% on myself, however, the smell from using the 20% well lets say, 3 hours was long enough to sit with it on. By morning I had to take another shower coz the smell was so bad and I know this is down to the percentage of nouvatan on my skin and not the product (I have used this product coming up to 2 years).

I will still use the 20% on those who want a darker tan and I am going to spray my second client again with it (I would do myself if I didnt look hideous with more than 10%) but i definitly wouldnt be offering it as a rapid tan as I did not actually see the results until the next morning. Also I still will be using my LA disco as my towie tan as this is gives a dark browny brown.

Ill post back to let you know when I use it again.

PS - sounds a stupid question but - did you remember to shake the bottle before use?

hi there
I am an avid Nouvatanner and I have used the 20% because I wanted to add it to my range to be able to offer a tan for those who want a "dark" tan, you the towie type. anyway. I have a girl who I regularly spray with LA disco and I asked her to try it to compare (disco is 18%). she tried the 20 % and said that she found the colour to be slightly lighter than the disco, but preferred the disco, coz it is a browner brown. Nouvatan tends to be more natural and golden. her dad commented that it looked more natural. she said fade off was fine (and she is extremly pale - but is 16 so has nice young skin). She likes to be really dark, and in fact I spray her with 2 coats of LA disco.

I also tried it on another client. this client has had 12 and 16% nouvatan in the past but foudn she wanted to be darker so she went with the 20%. now this time the colour was gorgeous and exactly what she wanted, howeer, when i went to see her, fade off was awful BUT - she has been jogging and sweating and using a lot of oil. so i cant really say whether fade off was due to product or sweating.

Also
I decided I would try the 20 as a rapid tan on myself. Oh dear!. I got my hsuband to spray me (as he usually does a not too bad job) and then 3 hours later i washed it off, expecting to see the results of about 10% which is what i wold normally spray myself with. Once I got out the shower, i would say if I had to put a percentage on it, i would say that it was about 4%, ie I had bearly changed colour. By bed time i was about 7% and then by the morning I would say my face was about a 12% and my arms were about an 8%, but this is problaby down to hubbys spraying technique than anything else. Also I dont usually notice much smell when I use the 10% on myself, however, the smell from using the 20% well lets say, 3 hours was long enough to sit with it on. By morning I had to take another shower coz the smell was so bad and I know this is down to the percentage of nouvatan on my skin and not the product (I have used this product coming up to 2 years).

I will still use the 20% on those who want a darker tan and I am going to spray my second client again with it (I would do myself if I didnt look hideous with more than 10%) but i definitly wouldnt be offering it as a rapid tan as I did not actually see the results until the next morning. Also I still will be using my LA disco as my towie tan as this is gives a dark browny brown.

Ill post back to let you know when I use it again.

PS - sounds a stupid question but - did you remember to shake the bottle before use?

Hi, can I ask - did you spray the 16year old with 2 coats of nouvatan or just 1? Trying to make a decision about if I should get a trial of LA tan disco for one of my clients. Thanks

Do you find la tan to be quite sticky? It's alot sticker than my other tan so puts me off using it x

I use Sienna at the moment and want to start on Nouvatan but I usually spray clients with a 10% sometimes a 8 or a 12 but can't imagine doing any darker???? 18 and 20% really?!?!?! Do you still leave it on the full 12 hours???

Hi, can I ask - did you spray the 16year old with 2 coats of nouvatan or just 1? Trying to make a decision about if I should get a trial of LA tan disco for one of my clients. Thanks

Hi there
I only did one coat of the Nouvatan as I assumed that the 20% would be darker than the LA Disco (which is 18% and she always uses). I wouldnt like to have to be spraying 2 coats of a solution to get the desired results I know I can already get with one coat (of disco). Dont get me wrong this has in NO WAY put me off Nouvatan, not in the least, I believe in the product and have a lot of faith in the product, I will just not be using it as a rapid tan. it also just gives me an option that when a client comes to me and says "I wanna be dark dark ie jersey shore / TOWIE" I will spray them with LA Disco (probalby the majority of the younger clientelle) and when someone comes to me and says "I want a really dark tan but natural ifykwim" then Nouvatan 20 will be for them.

Do you find la tan to be quite sticky? It's alot sticker than my other tan so puts me off using it x

Hi Liza, No I havent found the LA tan to be sticky, although after spraying my 16 year old with 2 coats of LA disco coz she wanted to be really dark, she did mention that it took longer to dry than usual, but no one ever really mentioned it is sticky. The LA range and the Nouvatan are like 2 different browns. the LA range is a browner brown whereas the Nouvatan is more natural brown.

I use Sienna at the moment and want to start on Nouvatan but I usually spray clients with a 10% sometimes a 8 or a 12 but can't imagine doing any darker???? 18 and 20% really?!?!?! Do you still leave it on the full 12 hours???

I find the Nouvatan range to be quite light in their colours. I rarely use my 8% - really only on Casper type skins or the under 14's who would want a natural tan. You will problaby find that if you use a 10% Sienna then to get the desired results you would problaby need to use 12 or 14% Nouvatan. This is just my personal opinion, I am sure there will be more Nouvatanners along to put in their findings. Like I have said before, the 20% is soo natural and light on the skin that it doesnt look fake, it just goes on a really nice colour - like all of the range. But yes, leave it on the full 8 hours like I would advise for any other percentage.

Hi there
I only did one coat of the Nouvatan as I assumed that the 20% would be darker than the LA Disco (which is 18% and she always uses). I wouldnt like to have to be spraying 2 coats of a solution to get the desired results I know I can already get with one coat (of disco). Dont get me wrong this has in NO WAY put me off Nouvatan, not in the least, I believe in the product and have a lot of faith in the product, I will just not be using it as a rapid tan. it also just gives me an option that when a client comes to me and says "I wanna be dark dark ie jersey shore / TOWIE" I will spray them with LA Disco (probalby the majority of the younger clientelle) and when someone comes to me and says "I want a really dark tan but natural ifykwim" then Nouvatan 20 will be for them.

Hi! You said in your first post you spray her twice with la disco, but in second post you said 'I wouldn't like to be spraying 2 coats of solution to get the desired results i can already get with disco'. Do you feel that u need to do 2 coats of disco to get a really deep dark tan? Sorry it sounds like I'm interrogating you!! I'm asking cos I'm genuinely interested as my client who likes it dark has the 20% and sprayed twice on certain parts. I'd really rather not be using more solution by spraying twice if I can get dark results with another solution. Also, think she would prefer a darker brown colour than the golden natural colour of nouvatan. Wondering if la disco is something I should be considering....?

This sounds more like the issue lies with the client rather than solution? Perhaps they are DHA resistant? Common reason why tan doesn't take to people, along with other reasons such as pregnancy or hormones etc.

I am a bit resistant to DHA, I can take a spray tan, but if I use anything out of a bottle I only get tanned hands, elbows or knees.

x

I find the Nouvatan range to be quite light in their colours. I rarely use my 8% - really only on Casper type skins or the under 14's who would want a natural tan. You will problaby find that if you use a 10% Sienna then to get the desired results you would problaby need to use 12 or 14% Nouvatan. This is just my personal opinion, I am sure there will be more Nouvatanners along to put in their findings. Like I have said before, the 20% is soo natural and light on the skin that it doesnt look fake, it just goes on a really nice colour - like all of the range. But yes, leave it on the full 8 hours like I would advise for any other percentage.
Really? I find Nouvatan to be on the darker side. I would say 14% would definitely be a lot darker than sienna x 10% xx

Hi! You said in your first post you spray her twice with la disco, but in second post you said 'I wouldn't like to be spraying 2 coats of solution to get the desired results i can already get with disco'. Do you feel that u need to do 2 coats of disco to get a really deep dark tan? Sorry it sounds like I'm interrogating you!! I'm asking cos I'm genuinely interested as my client who likes it dark has the 20% and sprayed twice on certain parts. I'd really rather not be using more solution by spraying twice if I can get dark results with another solution. Also, think she would prefer a darker brown colour than the golden natural colour of nouvatan. Wondering if la disco is something I should be considering....?

HI I dont feel interrogated at all. No as a general rule I never spray twice but on this occasion my regular had asked me to do her twice - she is usually happy with one coat of disco but we were both curios as to what the effects of two coats would be. The outcome she said she was a little darker, but from the sounds of it not much. I work mobile and didnt really want to charge her much more for the second coat. ideally i would have went round the next day and sprayed after she washed the guide off, this would have made her darker. I didnt really think it would have made her darker, i was just curiious. I generally use about 35ml-40ml soloution on a full tan with both tans.

HI I dont feel interrogated at all. No as a general rule I never spray twice but on this occasion my regular had asked me to do her twice - she is usually happy with one coat of disco but we were both curios as to what the effects of two coats would be. The outcome she said she was a little darker, but from the sounds of it not much. I work mobile and didnt really want to charge her much more for the second coat. ideally i would have went round the next day and sprayed after she washed the guide off, this would have made her darker. I didnt really think it would have made her darker, i was just curiious. I generally use about 35ml-40ml soloution on a full tan with both tans.

Thank you. I am interested to hear that the second coat made it look darker but not much as I really don't want to get into the habit of spraying this one particular client twice allover. I'm spraying her on Friday and I am going to see if she will let me spray her once all over and see the outcome. When I sprayed her top half twice before it made her skin quite dry and her hands and elbows were too dark. I feel one coat would give a better and neater result. The reason she is set on 2 coats is cos the very first time I sprayed her, it didn't show up on her top half. Have no idea why, she insists she followed all my prep and aftercare.... We never know tho do we?

The 20% Nouvatan that I sprayed one coat of on the client who left it on for the 12 hours achieved a lovely all over result and was pleased with the colour. However, you might just never please your client with this solution and may be worth investing in a bottle (as I have) in a darker more brown solution for those that want it that different shade. You are never going to please everyone. It depends wheterh you would recoup the money back for the cost of the bottle in a couple of sprays and how often she gets her tan to keep her happy. I would just say to her that in order to determine if it is the reaction of her skin to the solution, you need to apply only one coat.
Good luck with it

The 20% Nouvatan that I sprayed one coat of on the client who left it on for the 12 hours achieved a lovely all over result and was pleased with the colour. However, you might just never please your client with this solution and may be worth investing in a bottle (as I have) in a darker more brown solution for those that want it that different shade. You are never going to please everyone. It depends wheterh you would recoup the money back for the cost of the bottle in a couple of sprays and how often she gets her tan to keep her happy. I would just say to her that in order to determine if it is the reaction of her skin to the solution, you need to apply only one coat.
Good luck with it

Thanks so much for your help :) x

Hi

I have sprayed another 2 girls tonight with 20% hopefully will be dark enough! will keep you posted :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back