Nouvatan and......?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mimo9

Reaction score
I have been so happy with Nouvatan that I worry that I'm becoming blinkered by it! Tried a couple of different samples but I just haven't found anything that comes close and I know that my customers keep coming back for more! I'd really love someone to recommend another popular tan that I could perhaps sell alongside Nouvatan....one that is maybe a little more 'in your face' for my younger clients who always want to go darker or look like they've been spray tanned rather than having been on holiday!!! I have a sample of the 20% from Nouvatan to try but have already bought booster drops for the 16% so think I am pretty much covered! Do any of you offer another tan alongside Nouvatan? If so which one would you suggest?
xx

I love Nouvatan and like you promote it all the time as no other product comes close in my opinion.
I stock 20% Nouvatan and OMG (which I hate, but the girlies love it), the fade off with any 20% is not going to be great but with OMG its worse.
I do prefer the 20% Nouvatan if I get asked for it.
I also stock Salon West 16% which is terribly fake, but again a certain number of clients love that particular fake look.
But I do push Nouvatan as much as poss, cos its just such an all rounder, on any skin tone cant go wrong! x

I have been so happy with Nouvatan that I worry that I'm becoming blinkered by it! Tried a couple of different samples but I just haven't found anything that comes close and I know that my customers keep coming back for more! I'd really love someone to recommend another popular tan that I could perhaps sell alongside Nouvatan....one that is maybe a little more 'in your face' for my younger clients who always want to go darker or look like they've been spray tanned rather than having been on holiday!!! I have a sample of the 20% from Nouvatan to try but have already bought booster drops for the 16% so think I am pretty much covered! Do any of you offer another tan alongside Nouvatan? If so which one would you suggest?
xx

I use sienna x and love it, but it's quite a natural tan and golden. I'm going to order a trial pack of novatan, what % do you suggest for fair to medium? I usually air on the side of caution with sienna and use an 8%.

Charlie x

I use sienna x and love it, but it's quite a natural tan and golden. I'm going to order a trial pack of novatan, what % do you suggest for fair to medium? I usually air on the side of caution with sienna and use an 8%.

Charlie x

Definitely a 12% as it's the one I use for most clients! When I want to go a little darker I just add a bit of 14 but 12 is by far the most useable percentage for us...if that makes sense. Thanks everyone for replies...off to look at OMG! x

I use LA tan for my younger clients that want to be dark (la disco 18%) and its super dark and lovely golden brown. They always have deals for buy one get one free too x

My top 2 solutions when I did my blind trial were LA Tan & Nouvatan.

Nouvatan is a more golden tan and LA Tan is a more brown tan but they were the 2 that scored the highest on the questionnaires I gave my models.

They came joint first and the price was the only thing that swayed the decision for me (to LA Tan).

So if you want to try out something that will give you a darker, more brown tan then I would say try LA Tan (not the Gold range).

I use Sienna X alongside Nouvatan, sienna is more brown but saying that I havent been using it as much as Im finding more people want a natural glow. Ive been hearing good things about celebrity secrets but yet to try it. Try some samples as only you can decide which your happy with. HTH

Does anyone use fake bake? I'm scared to leave it as use that & white to brown but I do need a darker solution and need to steer clear of any orange tinges to the tans x

Thank you Baggybear, Debs001 and Mrsprids I think I'll give LA a go! Just wary as you will understand by reading some of my other replies as I have friends who have used it for years and are saying it's started behaving differently on them and they really don't like it now. It is such a popular one too so I'll get some new samples and we'll see. xx

Latest posts

Back