Nouvatan Barrier Cream

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlytaylor1986

Reaction score
Hello, I have just received my nouvatan barrier cream. Now when I did my spray tanning training (4 years ago) i was told to use johnsons baby lotion as a cream for the hands, feet, knees, elbows and any dry spots, which has always worked well. But i wanted a barrier cream that matched my tanning products. So what I want to know is, is if it put it on the elbows, knees, feet and hands, will it still take to those areas? I always find the hands and feet tan A LOT darker than the rest of the body and can sometimes look a bit odd so that's why I put it on these areas.

On another note, I did my first paying spray tanning client last night (bearing in mind I am not new to tanning, but have just started to offer it as a mobile treatment and switched to Nouvatan, and have practised on my sis and auntie before hand), I am in two minds whether to text her to see if it's ok or not. If it's not I dont want the hassle of having to ask her whats wrong and trying to rectify it etc :( (i know thats bad but have had a REALLY long week working my 9-5 and doing private treatments) and i have family down this weekend. thanks geeks :)

If you want to ask your client how it turned out just ask her if she's happy with the colour etc, obviously it would be good to know as you can mark her client card with her thoughts now whilst it's fresh as it were...

Yes you would put barrier cream on all the dry areas and yes it will tan through (you only put on a tiny amount though!!!!!!) but prevent the colour from settling like you describe. Personally I loathe baby oil - I had bottles and bottles of it from when my daughter was little and people gave it to me... gave it all away as wouldn't dream of putting it on my daughter!

You were told how to use barrier cream and have been using an alternative but in the way you were taught so by now using a tanning barrier cream you will do the same and get the same results - so yes they will still tan through the Nouvatan barrier cream in tha same way they tanned through the lotion you were advised to use before.

Also If you don't want to know about any issues the client may have had then do not text them. If there is an issue that they are worried about or something they don't like they will ususally contact you.

Hth

ahh i just text her, i am so nervous for some reason. thanks so much for your reply.

now quick other question. My auntie is a paramedic and is constantly using that alcohol hand rub, her hands are VERY dry. normally her fingerprints turn REALLY dark, so basically the last time I sprayed her, I put vaseline around her nails and on the palms of her hands/fingerprints and they STILL turned really dark, i dont know what else i can do?!

ahh i just text her, i am so nervous for some reason. thanks so much for your reply.

now quick other question. My auntie is a paramedic and is constantly using that alcohol hand rub, her hands are VERY dry. normally her fingerprints turn REALLY dark, so basically the last time I sprayed her, I put vaseline around her nails and on the palms of her hands/fingerprints and they STILL turned really dark, i dont know what else i can do?!

Did she reply to your text?

Is it just brown fingerprints she has? Has she maybe touched her skin whilst guide colour is on? Or slept on her hands? X

Latest posts

Back