Nouvatan mousse/spray solution

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlytaylor1986

Reaction score
Hello. So basically I placed an order with Nouvatan, have sprayed my auntie and two of my friends so far. As I normally use St Tropez self tanning mousse on myself I decided to purchase the Nouvatan mousse as 1. it's cheaper and 2. I wanted to show off the product I use.

Everyone raves about how long Nouvatan lasts and how good the fade-off is. However, my friends fade off wasn't that great (I saw them a few days after I did it), i.e. quite patchy around the ankles, wrists, neck etc. And then when I used the mousse on myself, I found it to be the same and is a bugger to get off, it's been about 2 weeks and there are STILL traces, my legs are REALLY patchy and am actually making my skin quite sore keep scrubbing it. Does anyone else have this?

Thanks xx

I had a tan done at the NEC this sunday and because silly me ended up sweating walking back to the car (not to mention lack of prep with having walked round the show!) I had a few patches... so yesterday and today I used my bodyshop lemon body scrub - it contains a lot of oil and the tan is near enough gone now (with no rawness lol).

Normally the wear-off isn't bad but if you have areas where you have a lot of friction (like ankles if you have boots that rub a lot) then yes you can get white patches - but you'd get those with any spray tan...

I guess the question for your friend is what prep they did and what they used after the tan... if they left you and stuck their feet straight in a pair of shoes or boots that rub then nothing you can do will stop the rub off, likewise wrists if they were bracelets and neck if they apply a lot of perfume or oil based products...

I had problems and clients complained about fade off and colour was too golden for me and my clients.x:green:

see this is really odd, because my friends wore flip flops home and very loose clothing, i did my aunties at hers so she just chucked a nightie on. love the colour, but the fade off is not what i expected after reading LOADS of threads on here. also, my elbows were AWFUL, put barrier cream on etc, they were really dark, looked like i'd rubbed them in a tub of twiglets and had to use a nail scrubbing brush to get it off? i've been spray tanning for years now so i am not sure what to do. x

see this is really odd, because my friends wore flip flops home and very loose clothing, i did my aunties at hers so she just chucked a nightie on. love the colour, but the fade off is not what i expected after reading LOADS of threads on here. also, my elbows were AWFUL, put barrier cream on etc, they were really dark, looked like i'd rubbed them in a tub of twiglets and had to use a nail scrubbing brush to get it off? i've been spray tanning for years now so i am not sure what to do. x

Just a thought hun, what % were you using? Maybe it was too dark for their skin tone, as the higher the % the more noticeable wear off???
Just am idea as I haven't had this problem with Nouvatan? (not tried the mousse yet, so can't comment on that) X

I had a tan done at the NEC this sunday and because silly me ended up sweating walking back to the car (not to mention lack of prep with having walked round the show!) I had a few patches... so yesterday and today I used my bodyshop lemon body scrub - it contains a lot of oil and the tan is near enough gone now (with no rawness lol).

Normally the wear-off isn't bad but if you have areas where you have a lot of friction (like ankles if you have boots that rub a lot) then yes you can get white patches - but you'd get those with any spray tan...

I guess the question for your friend is what prep they did and what they used after the tan... if they left you and stuck their feet straight in a pair of shoes or boots that rub then nothing you can do will stop the rub off, likewise wrists if they were bracelets and neck if they apply a lot of perfume or oil based products...

Youve said it all there :)

It makes me wonder whether I was one of the girls stood there watching your spray tan! I bought their TS50 kit and then went back later and bought some mousse.

:) x

They are both sort of a fair-medium skin tone, and I used a 10%. I have a lovely fade-off with the st tropez mousse as i dont even notice it (until i look ill haha), so am wondering whether to switch to them. just found out how much they charge etc and it's not as bad as i thought. plus you only have the hassle of having 1 bottle of spray tan. it's a shame because i was really lookin forward to using nouvatan x

Hey Hun perhaps try it a few more times on people other than friends n family, why not try a nouvatan spray tan yourself and see what you think?
It's the best way to sell it to your clients x

Hey Hun perhaps try it a few more times on people other than friends n family, why not try a nouvatan spray tan yourself and see what you think?
It's the best way to sell it to your clients x

I could do, but after using the mousse and it being SO hard to get off, I am a bit aprehensive. I look awful for at least a week! I can't handle that again x

They are both sort of a fair-medium skin tone, and I used a 10%. I have a lovely fade-off with the st tropez mousse as i dont even notice it (until i look ill haha), so am wondering whether to switch to them. just found out how much they charge etc and it's not as bad as i thought. plus you only have the hassle of having 1 bottle of spray tan. it's a shame because i was really lookin forward to using nouvatan x

Hi Carly

Would you mind pm'ing me how much St. Tropez costs please.

Thank you
Gem x

Ooh would you mind pm'ing me also re the st tropez? Sorry to be a pain, I'm just in the process of looking at tan solutions xx

How do you get in contact with st tropez? I've looked all over and can't find a distributor! Xxxxx

I could do, but after using the mousse and it being SO hard to get off, I am a bit aprehensive. I look awful for at least a week! I can't handle that again x

Hehe I can understand that, I almost bought some mousse at the show but got distracted lol.
Well good luck with what ever product you choose xx x

thanks everyone :)

i have pm'd those who have asked also :)

such a nightmare, ive emailed nouvatan to see if they will give me a part refund so i will see how i get on. so sad becuase i had such high hopes for this tan and am completely gutted :(

thanks everyone :)

i have pm'd those who have asked also :)

such a nightmare, ive emailed nouvatan to see if they will give me a part refund so i will see how i get on. so sad becuase i had such high hopes for this tan and am completely gutted :(

I don't think they would / should give you a part refund hun. Everyone has their own preference with tan solutions and this is not a problem that is their fault, it's just your personal preference!

Hope you find a tan you like hun :) xxx

This has shocked me i love the mousse its a fabulous product when applied correctly. I sell the mini mousse as a top up for hands and face and my customers love it.
sounds to me like it has been applied too thickly a little bit goes a long long way.
the best product in the world can look bad if its not applied correctly. I was shown to use a grape size ball and to massage it in to the area with a buffing mitt.
Did you train with Nouvatan or ask how to apply the mousse ?

I don't think they would / should give you a part refund hun. Everyone has their own preference with tan solutions and this is not a problem that is their fault, it's just your personal preference!

Hope you find a tan you like hun :) xxx

I understand that completely, I have offered to send back what I have left. Oh dear :sad:

This has shocked me i love the mousse its a fabulous product when applied correctly. I sell the mini mousse as a top up for hands and face and my customers love it.
sounds to me like it has been applied too thickly a little bit goes a long long way.
the best product in the world can look bad if its not applied correctly. I was shown to use a grape size ball and to massage it in to the area with a buffing mitt.
Did you train with Nouvatan or ask how to apply the mousse ?

No I didn't train with Nouvatan. Ahhh I've just had SUCH a bad day at work, all I want to do is crawl into my bed and cry! I have no energy left today :Scared:

Hiya, if you dont mind me asking..who did you train with? Ive only ever used Nouvatan and had no probs as yet.? x

I understand that completely, I have offered to send back what I have left. Oh dear :sad:

I don't think they will take what you return hun, as there is no way of them knowing if it's contaminated or not!

Why don't you try it on a few more people and charge them to cover your products hun? That way if you still don't like it then at least you haven't lost as much money? just a thought
Xxx

Latest posts

Back