Nouvatan Newbie - which percentages to stock?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen-Nail Tech

Reaction score
I rarely raise a new topic on here as I know there's gallons already on spray tanning but I've done a search and nothing that has been asked specifically.

I'm going to BeautyUK next Monday and planning to buy my kit since I qualify next month. I've researched SG for weeks and weeks finding (what I believe) to be the best company for me and my clients which is Nouvatan. Given that I'll be spending a lot of money on the TS50 I want to make sure I get the right "all rounders" percentages for optimum choice. Those of you that use Nouvatan, can you please tell me what percentages you stock?

I originally thought I'd do 8%, 12% and 16% (as I could mix 10% and 14%) but is this a good idea?

On a side note - this will be my first time at BeautyUK (or any event) will Nouvatan gave a discount offer on on the day or is it just certain companies?

The last thing I've been contemplating is whether to buy an extractor. At this point I don't know if I will continue to be salon based but I will almost certainly be spray tanning mobile plus I will be training hubby to spray tan me regularly at home (good luck to me with that!) if you could also tell me if you use one that would be fantastic!!!

Thanks so much in advance :) I honestly appreciate it

x

I rarely raise a new topic on here as I know there's gallons already on spray tanning but I've done a search and nothing that has been asked specifically.

I'm going to BeautyUK next Monday and planning to buy my kit since I qualify next month. I've researched SG for weeks and weeks finding (what I believe) to be the best company for me and my clients which is Nouvatan. Given that I'll be spending a lot of money on the TS50 I want to make sure I get the right "all rounders" percentages for optimum choice. Those of you that use Nouvatan, can you please tell me what percentages you stock?

I originally thought I'd do 8%, 12% and 16% (as I could mix 10% and 14%) but is this a good idea?

On a side note - this will be my first time at BeautyUK (or any event) will Nouvatan gave a discount offer on on the day or is it just certain companies?

The last thing I've been contemplating is whether to buy an extractor. At this point I don't know if I will continue to be salon based but I will almost certainly be spray tanning mobile plus I will be training hubby to spray tan me regularly at home (good luck to me with that!) if you could also tell me if you use one that would be fantastic!!!

Thanks so much in advance :) I honestly appreciate it

x

I don't have an extractor and probably wouldn't buy one unless I was tanning a LOT :) I intend to get some Nouvatan stock at Beauty UK so I'm hoping they will have an offer ;) I have 12% but intend on buying 8%, 16% and 20% - that gives me the whole spectrum to play with by mixing :) (as I already have 12% if you see what I mean?)

If you are buying the kit from Nouvatan then you might find you get testers of all the tans and a full size 12% with it... :)

I don't have an extractor and probably wouldn't buy one unless I was tanning a LOT :) I intend to get some Nouvatan stock at Beauty UK so I'm hoping they will have an offer ;) I have 12% but intend on buying 8%, 16% and 20% - that gives me the whole spectrum to play with by mixing :) (as I already have 12% if you see what I mean?)

If you are buying the kit from Nouvatan then you might find you get testers of all the tans and a full size 12% with it... :)

Thanks for getting back to me Tinxy!

Totally understand what you mean - that's basically my plan too but I wasn't sure if it was a good one(!)

I'm so excited to go to BeautyUK - have you been before? Is it common for the companies featured to have reductions or is it just to watch demonstrations etc? I know someone has asked Nouvatan on Facebook if there are any specials a few days ago but there's been no response so far

x

I went to professional beauty where I bought my kit from them :) They had "no vat" offer on the kits - I don't know about the bottles them selves :) I found most stalls had offers of one kind or another to be fair... Some better than others! (Nouvatan was pretty good... 20% VAT stings...) if you're looking for wax kits then Hive did some good price show specials etc :)

i had the same idea as you and purchased 8, 12 and 16 to be able to mix other %'s
i saw on one thread to just get a tester of something like 20% and see how many people want it as it might not be as much in demand as something like 12% :) x

I went to professional beauty where I bought my kit from them :) They had "no vat" offer on the kits - I don't know about the bottles them selves :) I found most stalls had offers of one kind or another to be fair... Some better than others! (Nouvatan was pretty good... 20% VAT stings...) if you're looking for wax kits then Hive did some good price show specials etc :)

Wow - I have my fingers and toes crossed that they do a vat free offer or similar as that would save me an awful lot!! I'm so excited to go - just hope I get to all of the companies I'm interested in and get to college for 5.30 (I'm close to Liverpool!)

Thanks again for the reply x

i had the same idea as you and purchased 8, 12 and 16 to be able to mix other %'s
i saw on one thread to just get a tester of something like 20% and see how many people want it as it might not be as much in demand as something like 12% :) x

Ah haaaa! I think I will buy a sample 20% when I'm there and keep that as a back up as I can't imagine there will be as much need for it.

So excited to buy it all it's unbelievable. Can't wait to try it for myself too

Did you buy an extractor or do you not do a lot of tans? I'm thinking more so for tan parties and to avoid overspray when I'm regularly tanning myself :(

x

We are offering a special deal at the show on kits that will cover all your needs:lol: the show kit has 5 different solution strengths :eek::eek: 8%, 10%, 14%, 16%, and 20% and a free roller bag. it has the TS50 and the British STC cubicle which is the original and best cubicle money can buy. and its the same price as the online deal for a normal priced kit. but we are offering it at a 20% discount the same as the price would be with NO VAT

Ah haaaa! I think I will buy a sample 20% when I'm there and keep that as a back up as I can't imagine there will be as much need for it.

So excited to buy it all it's unbelievable. Can't wait to try it for myself too

Did you buy an extractor or do you not do a lot of tans? I'm thinking more so for tan parties and to avoid overspray when I'm regularly tanning myself :(

x

i know, i can't wait either! i was supposed to get my kit last monday, but there's been a delay with the company and i'm about dying from the wait! haha!
i've not purchased an extractor, my tutor told me so long there's a window near by for a bit of air circulation it should be fine. i know what you mean though, i was a bit worried about tanning parties too, but after asking around on here, i think it should be fine with what i've got (2 towels, one inside the tent, one outside, a shower curtain under the tent and towel just incase) Having said that though, i think i'm going to invite 5 friends around to do my own tanning party (on a laminate floor, just incase!) just to see what the overspray is like with a few tans.
i'm new too, so it's all just going to be trial and error on my poor unsuspecting friends!x

We are offering a special deal at the show on kits that will cover all your needs:lol: the show kit has 5 different solution strengths :eek::eek: 8%, 10%, 14%, 16%, and 20% and a free roller bag. it has the TS50 and the British STC cubicle which is the original and best cubicle money can buy. and its the same price as the online deal for a normal priced kit. but we are offering it at a 20% discount the same as the price would be with NO VAT

WOW!!

Thanks for your reply Steve. What you've just said has just blown me away.

I've registered on your site and there's only one price for the TS50 in a kit so another three litres of solution and a roller bag is amazing (hoping I've got the right end of the stick with what you've said or this could be embarrassing!!!)

I'm going to be around your stand next Monday like a bee around honey!! Thanks again - ill have to try and contain my excitement until then(!)

x

i know, i can't wait either! i was supposed to get my kit last monday, but there's been a delay with the company and i'm about dying from the wait! haha!
i've not purchased an extractor, my tutor told me so long there's a window near by for a bit of air circulation it should be fine. i know what you mean though, i was a bit worried about tanning parties too, but after asking around on here, i think it should be fine with what i've got (2 towels, one inside the tent, one outside, a shower curtain under the tent and towel just incase) Having said that though, i think i'm going to invite 5 friends around to do my own tanning party (on a laminate floor, just incase!) just to see what the overspray is like with a few tans.
i'm new too, so it's all just going to be trial and error on my poor unsuspecting friends!x

Since Steve has just confirmed it will be 20% at the show I'm still on the fence with the extractor as I wouldn't want to purchase at a later day and miss out in the saving if I do need it (I have a mainly cream home - nightmare!)

My husband is victim number one. Surprisingly he seemed pretty keen but we'll see when I get my kit! I think the biggest problem with people I know is just that - you know them so theyre not as keen to get into their smalls(!) but since I'm on the heavier side hopefully they'll be more comfortable with me :)

So excited - people are going to get bored of me at home soon (!)

x

My husband is victim number one. Surprisingly he seemed pretty keen but we'll see when I get my kit! I think the biggest problem with people I know is just that - you know them so theyre not as keen to get into their smalls(!)

i've roped my boyfriend in, his reaction was "what?!!? NO!!!.....well how orange will i be? oh okay" i could tell he was intrigued really!

that's exactly the problem i have though, people don't want you to see their bits when they know you! i've found it the same with some bikini waxing aswell, i need to practice but no-one is up for a bikini wax, but i dont practice i cant do it!....looks like the boyfriend might be roped, screaming into that one aswel!
Good luck & Enjoy!x

i've roped my boyfriend in, his reaction was "what?!!? NO!!!.....well how orange will i be? oh okay" i could tell he was intrigued really!

that's exactly the problem i have though, people don't want you to see their bits when they know you! i've found it the same with some bikini waxing aswell, i need to practice but no-one is up for a bikini wax, but i dont practice i cant do it!....looks like the boyfriend might be roped, screaming into that one aswel!
Good luck & Enjoy!x

Haha - poor man :)

All of my friends said they would go "out of town" for a bikini wax - totally the same. I have a feeling a few mentions on my personal Facebook for spray tans and people will be more willing - ill remind them they can wear a bikini with the straps tucked in if they like so they're showing no more than what they do on the beach :)

x

Latest posts

Back