Nouvatan shelf life?- help needed please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjs78

Reaction score
Hi geeks please help me as I'm having panic attacks right now (metaphorically speaking!) does nouvatan only have a six month shelf life? I had not realised this and used it on a client this morning, (purchased and opened solution in July 2011). I read on the side of the bottle after using that it's good for 6 months! Is this true? What can happen if used after 10 months as I have? Not heard anything from girl - yet, but im seriously panicked! :-/

Hi

I work for Sunless and ours are good for 12months once opended. I think if there was something wrong with the solution it wouldn't smell very nice and it can go green! xx

Hi

I was told 9 months unopened and 6 months once opened for nouvatan which is who i trained with - did the solution have a green tinge as my trainer said that is a indication that it has gone off!

Out of interest, if the solution did have a green tinge - would the tan come out green?

hmmmm I dont know! She said if there was a green tinge not to use it so didnt really say what would happen if it was used!

Hi, I think if its been kept in a cool dry place then it could last up to 12 months but I may be wrong. I am quite sure I read this on here some time ago x

I was told the following at my nouvatan training in December:

Opened bottle has shelf life of approx 6 months

Unopened bottle has shelf life of approx 9 months (possibly up to 12 if stored correctly)

You can tell its reached the end of it's shelf life because it will look green, and the spray will be green. However the final tan after wash off will not be green, it will be brown but may not last as well.

I know some geeks on here use their out of date solutions on themselves rather than their customers :) I haven't actually used one yet as have used all my solutions witting a few months. Hth x

They don't look green, maybe very slightly around the outside of the cap. They still have their lovely nouvatan smell also. They did not spray on green either, I have kept them in a closed box in the loft since September.

I have 4 bottles of the stuff, 2 of them almost full still! I had an argument with the spray tan gun and it put me of for a long while but I feel ready to go back to tanning now, typical if I cannot use the solution I have :-(

Thanks for all your help though guys 😊

If you solution has been kept in a cool dark place and is still smelling fine and the solution is not green then it is usable. :D

When tan solution goes green and is used the tan after wash off will still be brown, the longer that solution is left to sit after going off then the DHA can lower and give you a lighter tan than the % would do before it goes off.

HTH

Last edited:
They don't look green, maybe very slightly around the outside of the cap. They still have their lovely nouvatan smell also. They did not spray on green either, I have kept them in a closed box in the loft since September.

Sounds fine to me x

Oh thats Fab news! So glad I have not wasted the solution 😃 thanks baggy bear and lush-lash 😊

Yeah you will be fine! I had a solution thy was bright green... Think incredible hulk!!! Haha! So my friend sprayed me for a laugh (I don't know what we were thinking at the time! Lol) but it turned out perfect! No problems at all! This was about 2 years old!!! However, I wouldn't recommend spraying a client so she looked like something out of a Marvel movie!!! Haha x

Haha love it, you would have kicked yourself if it stayed green 😄

Latest posts

Back