Nouveau Lash experts-help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlitzyGirl

Reaction score
I am going on my Nouveau lash course tomorrow, and have done my exam paper. There is one question I am stuck on and have searched for the answer on the manual but can't find it. I'd be grateful if you could please give me the answer for it.
The question is

Where do you start eyelash extensions and why?

Please help me with the answer by tomorrow.

Cheers
xx

I don't understand hun - do they expect you to know the answers BEFORE you go on the course?

just thinkin logically, wouldn't it be wise to start from nose side.if you started from outside in you would knock the lashes with your hand, ifyou understand x

Seems like it!
I got the manual read it all through, then did the exam paper. That was the only question I couldn't answer.
Oh well, I guess I'll fail then, unless someone's willing to help out. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

Hi darling,

It's not a very specific question, but I'm guessing they're trying to ask "Where would you begin to place the eyelashes when doing a set of eyelash extensions?"....

When I start a set of extensions, I begin in the corner (doesn't matter which, but usually I start on the outer). This is because you want to place the next lash as far away as possible from the lash you've just done, so as not to 'disturb' the just-done lash and push other eyelashes into the drying glue whilst you're trying to seek the next lash with the tweezers.

This method is less necessary as you gain experience, as you get much more precise with lash placement as you practise more. Also, at the end of the day, you have to place lashes in close proximity to each other to create the desired effect anyway.

If the question is nothing to do with lash placement, then fill us in on what it is actually about and I'll try to help again! :green:

Yes, I think that's what they mean, at least that's what I understood anyway. I was going to put outer corner, but just wanted to make sure.
Thanks Amy and everyone else who answered.

You're welcome, glad I could help :green:

And don't worry, you won't 'fail'....if you're not sure about a question, that just means the Nouveau trainer will make sure you have full understanding of the area you have trouble with by the end of the course.

I started a thread this afternoon about Eyelash Extension Training, just to see if anyone who has done a course/is looking into doing a course has any views/opinions on improvements/changes that could be made to the lash extension courses that are available (not just Nouveau, all courses in general). Would be great if you could reply once you've completed your training, GlitzyGirl....it hasn't generated much interest as yet.:green:

Let me get through tomorrow and I'll definitely reply.
Thanks again.

Good luck, you'll have a fab day :green:

AmydeMan said:
Hi darling,

It's not a very specific question, but I'm guessing they're trying to ask "Where would you begin to place the eyelashes when doing a set of eyelash extensions?"....

When I start a set of extensions, I begin in the corner (doesn't matter which, but usually I start on the outer). This is because you want to place the next lash as far away as possible from the lash you've just done, so as not to 'disturb' the just-done lash and push other eyelashes into the drying glue whilst you're trying to seek the next lash with the tweezers.

This method is less necessary as you gain experience, as you get much more precise with lash placement as you practise more. Also, at the end of the day, you have to place lashes in close proximity to each other to create the desired effect anyway.

If the question is nothing to do with lash placement, then fill us in on what it is actually about and I'll try to help again! :green:

I do mine like this also. Outer corner in. Good luck on your course!!

I have done the course, and even though it was very fiddly, I loved it.
But getting back to the question, Nouveau Lashes teach you to start in the centre, then outer corners, inner corners and then fill in between. Both eyes are done alternately to give one a chance to dry before putting the next one in. I hope I explained it o.k.

Sorry to hijack the thread :) but I just wondered how anyone who is doing eyelash extensions is getting on. Is it easy to master? Have you had many clients? I do the temporary extensions (little clumps of lashes, not the individual ones) but I can't see any of my clients paying the rrp (is it about £80 a set?) to get the full-on ones. Has it been worth your investment to do it?

Pleased you enjoyed your course!

I was the first Nouveau Lash Technician in the North West of England, so I did use to apply lashes how you've explained above (you jogged my memory there!), but found it easier to apply the lashes how I do now (how I explained in my first post on this thread).

Saying that, I'll probably teach budding lash technicians the way you were taught, as the outer/inner corners of the eye are more fiddly to place lashes on than the middle section.

bimbogeri said:
Sorry to hijack the thread :) but I just wondered how anyone who is doing eyelash extensions is getting on. Is it easy to master? Have you had many clients? I do the temporary extensions (little clumps of lashes, not the individual ones) but I can't see any of my clients paying the rrp (is it about £80 a set?) to get the full-on ones. Has it been worth your investment to do it?

Hi bimbogeri!

I am busy with eyelash extensions, not as busy as when the trend first started, as I was the only Nouveau Lash Technician in my area for a while, now the market has become a little more flooded.

I have at least 5 new clients a week, and a lot of regular clients come back for maintenance every one to two weeks.

I have been inundated with requests to offer training, so I'm in the process of developing a course to offer in the Academy which is attached to our salon.

So yep! Offering Lash Extensions has definitely turned out well for me!

AmydeMan said:
Pleased you enjoyed your course!

I was the first Nouveau Lash Technician in the North West of England, so I did use to apply lashes how you've explained above (you jogged my memory there!), but found it easier to apply the lashes how I do now (how I explained in my first post on this thread).

Saying that, I'll probably teach budding lash technicians the way you were taught, as the outer/inner corners of the eye are more fiddly to place lashes on than the middle section.

Even though that's the way they teach, the teacher also said that once you get used to doing them, you quickly adapt your own techniques. Which I suppose is the same with everything else.

Do you get many clients sent to you via their website Amy? She said that once you've passed the course ( which I have, yippeeee) you get listed on their website and also when people call from your area, they give them your name. Hopefully they do anyway.

GlitzyGirl said:
Even though that's the way they teach, the teacher also said that once you get used to doing them, you quickly adapt your own techniques. Which I suppose is the same with everything else.

Do you get many clients sent to you via their website Amy? She said that once you've passed the course ( which I have, yippeeee) you get listed on their website and also when people call from your area, they give them your name. Hopefully they do anyway.

I don't actually get that much custom from Nouveau's referral system, more from word of mouth and local advertising.

Can't speak for any other Lash Techs though, I think some people do quite well out of the referral system.

Who was your trainer, GlitzyGirl?

My trainer was Bridgette Softley. Stern but lovely lady. Explained things thoroughly, made it easy to understand.

GlitzyGirl said:
My trainer was Bridgette Softley. Stern but lovely lady. Explained things thoroughly, made it easy to understand.

Bridgette was the lady who applied lashes for Channel 4's '10 Years Younger'. I've never met her, but her work is fab!

Then I guess I learnt from a "master" in the field. Let's see if I can do a good job now. I've got a lot to live up to.

Latest posts

Back