Nouveau Lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tempest

Reaction score
Morning all,

I had Nouveau lashes on for years from a salon I love. I had some financial things going on so I switched to LVL for lower upkeep for about a year. I then had laser eye surgery so had to take a step back from all of it until my eye doctor signed me off. Also, the LVL sometimes made my lashes quite clumpy so I was never as fond of it as my individual semi permanent lashes.

Some background, when I rang up to have my lashes done again at the salon I'd always used, they just announced that I would be seeing the new lady. I'd been seeing the other lady for over three years so I wasn't really impressed not to be asked, or given some explanation why the change and what the new lady's qualifications are. I did a lot of research into the salon before i decided to let them near my lashes with glue and was always happy with the first beautician. As it happens that salon is close to my work not home, and as I'm changing jobs, it made sense to use that as the right time to move on.

I did all the same research into a new place much nearer home. They have over a hundred 5 star reviews. The facility is lovely. The lady has won awards in the industry. I was quite confident going to her.

Well, by day five most of the lashes had fallen out without my natural lash attached. One of my natural ones fell out this morning with 3 extensions attached half way down it. I was happy on the day in her room at a quick glance but I used to go 3 weeks between infills easily with my last lady. I used to show up to a new set booking and she'd refuse to change them as they were still in such good shape. So I know I know how to look after my lashes. I don't wear makeup so I don't use products or rub at them with any kind of removers. The first lady was always impressed how well they lasted on me, always saying she wished all her clients looked after their lashes/lasted in their lashes like me. Nothing bar the laser surgery has changed in my background and I'm signed off/off all meds for that so as far as drs are concerned I'm back to normal with perfect vision.

I contacted the salon and a few days later they came back to me saying they'd infill them for free on this occasion but I'm nervous about this. I've said yes as it seemed the right thing to do at the time in case she used the end of a glue and realised or something else has come to mind for the therapist why they didn't last. But then when I found the one baby lash with three extensions on it this morning, I'm a bit worried about her technique. What should I do or say tomorrow when I go back? Please help me, as I don't want to be rude or demanding but also I'm worried for the health of my natural lashes and can't afford to have to return for infills every 5 days!

Latest posts

Back