Now, what would you do ?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adelekeegan1

Chatty geek
Reaction score
I've just watched Crimewatch.

There are so many crimes, some where they know the identity of the offenders and some where they know, and the public know, who the police are looking for.

Would you turn them in, even if they were your family ?

I would, I am a loving family orientated person but have no place for for violent crime. I am lucky that I have never been faced with this dilemma, but what would you do?

Last edited:
In all honesty turn them in ! sorry but you do the crime you do the time !
Good one Adele xx

Yes hun, I would turn them in, nomatter how I knew them & family or not.

Sounds harsh but hey, you're a criminal, you've comitted a crime and gotta expect to be caught. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I knew a member of my family had done something heinous!

xx

Yep me to, every bad person has a family.

It is obvious from watching the programme though, that where they know the identities, SOMEONE is protecting them.:irked:

Turn them in every time I say, its amazing how many don't I cant understand their mentality.

I would have to turn them in too, my dad is an ex-police sergeant and it was always always drummed into us what was right and wrong, and I would not be able to live with myself I knew that I was holding out.

Does this mean that we are now all taken out of your wee black book?:eek: Coz we're not that bad really? :lol:

Great thread hun

Without a second thought .............. depending on who it was i might give them the opportunity to do it themselves

Blackmail 'em!!! Get loads of dosh and take us all on holiday!!!! lolololol

Last edited:
I agree with all the above - family or not they must be punished for what they have done...!!!

My first thought was turn them in ...BUT.....

Thinking about it i don't honestly know....put it this way,if my children or family members were doing stuff they shouldn't,i would ask them to turn themselves in .....if i knew some one who was doing stuff,i would turn them in..

I suppose it depends on the crime aswell, lets be honest...when we were growing up,we all got dared to pinch from the shops and we did it....well i did :eek:...look back now and thank god i never was caught.

Now ,if i knew where a phedophile lived and people asked , i would tell them as that crime makes me feel sick and sorry to those who were the victums in the crime .

Sorry but this is my honest answer :green:

I don't even think there can be any debate about this.
Any decent , honest, law abiding person would either talk the lawbreaker into giving themselves up (thus getting themselves a reduced sentence!:rolleyes:) or would turn them in to the police themselves.

I know that there was a lot of publicity including a pride of Britain award,about the mother who turned her son in for carrying out a sickeningly violent attack, but I always thought, she only did what any decent person would have done. I mean, good on her, but surely all mothers would have done the same.

Anyone, even a mother, who stands by and doesn't speak out, or worse helps the lawbreaker to evade capture, should also be up in court!!! IMHO

Serious topic for this time in the morning Adele.......!!

I didn't see crimewatch so i don't know exactly what you watched that prompted the question.Or how bad it was.
I would love to say yes definately,no doubt about it but i know i would just be saying that.It would depend on the crime, the circumstances and what i would believe the outcome might be.
I think many people fear reprisals when they speak up and then see the person who commited the crime just do a few months and yet they have their whole life ruined because of intimidation.
Someone once told me about a relative who witnessed a murder and ended up in witness protection and had to move with her whole family and take on a new identity ,their whole life became horrendous.The person who was murdered was found to be just as evil as the person who shot him when it went to court and in it all who ended up suffering the most..the witness.
So i would say i would have to think about it depending on the crime and the circumstances.

I didn't see crimewatch so i don't know exactly what you watched that prompted the question.Or how bad it was.
I would love to say yes definately,no doubt about it but i know i would just be saying that.It would depend on the crime, the circumstances and what i would believe the outcome might be.
I think many people fear reprisals when they speak up and then see the person who commited the crime just do a few months and yet they have their whole life ruined because of intimidation.
Someone once told me about a relative who witnessed a murder and ended up in witness protection and had to move with her whole family and take on a new identity ,their whole life became horrendous.The person who was murdered was found to be just as evil as the person who shot him when it went to court and in it all who ended up suffering the most..the witness.
So i would say i would have to think about it depending on the crime and the circumstances.

Totally agree...it would depend on the crime with me....if my son/daughter came to me, and i knew they had taken a drink from the shop without paying,begging me not to tell the police and promise never to do it again.....i would not tell...but i would tell thekids ,if they done it again,i would tell....

If they came to me and said they had beaten someone up,then i would talk them in to giving themselves up and also getting help so it would not happen again.

Hmm good thread, When we where kids I think most people have taken a bar of chocolate or something to this degree, I did not see crimewatch,
I think in today's society we are not talking about the odd sweet or bottle of juice, most crimes these day's are beating up old people, bag snatching, and armed robbery, if I knew someone in my family or anyone in general I would turn them in, if it was my family I may do it as an annonymous call or something like that, but I would not hesitate to turn them in.

Izzi i totally agree :!:

If my son is bad he is punnished, if he'd done something at school and they didn't know i would tell them knowing it would be dealt with other wise how else will he learn ??

If he were 12 and got caught shoplifting I would inform the police,knowing it would be hard,he has to learn his lesson.

Me and my loved ones are not above the law and IMHO i may aswell have comitted the crime myself if i turn a blind eye.

I put myself in the position of the victim,and KNOW no matter what i wouldn't hesitate

There are certain things that i would definately want to deal with myself.If for instance i found out my son was shop lifting and he was of a certain age no i definately wouldn't involve the police because you would be giving him a police record at a very young age.Something which is then going to be a huge hinderence in life.... but he would have myself and his father to deal with.
I think there are certain things you have to weigh up before you jump in with yes i would shop them straight to the police.

This was my whole point really. I don't think I know anyone who would do other than we all seem to feel.

It is beyond me, how could anyone help hide a son, brother, father or friend if he has injured or maybe killed another person................but some people are.

I don't think we can all say "yes we would or no we wouldn't" until it happens to us as we don't know what we would do.

I think we can all have a opinion on this subject , but i for one wouln't shop my son/daughter in for shop-lifting.

As i said,it depends on what they have done ,IF i would do anything.

I don't think we can all say "yes we would or no we wouldn't" until it happens to us as we don't know what we would do.

I think we can all have a opinion on this subject , but i for one wouln't shop my son/daughter in for shop-lifting.

As i said,it depends on what they have done ,IF i would do anything.

My question was all based around violent crimes against people

Latest posts

Back