NSI Acrylic Newbie - help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larnie

Reaction score
Hi everyone

New to this site and love it!

I trained 15 years ago when it first came to uk - worked in the bus for 2 years then went into admin. Anyway, I am now retraining myself as I have got a job at a friends hair salon and set them up with a nail bar.

I choose to use NSI Simplicite as thats what I used 15 years ago, also things have approved since I last did it so trying to catch up with the new technicics.

Anyway, I need some help/advice on the following: -

1. It doesnt matter how much blending of the nail tip I do - it always seems to show through the acrylic (using NSI pink veil powder) COULD IT BE I NEED A DIFFERENT COLOUR POWDER

2. What is clear powder used for?

3. The old technitian had a load of creative powders left - CAN I USE THEM POWDERS WITH MY NSI SIMPLICITE LIQUID?

4. When you have a bitten nail client and there is loads of dirt underneath which shows through the acrylic - ANY TIPS

Thanks in advance for any tips

Hi everyone

New to this site and love it!

I trained 15 years ago when it first came to uk - worked in the bus for 2 years then went into admin. Anyway, I am now retraining myself as I have got a job at a friends hair salon and set them up with a nail bar.

I choose to use NSI Simplicite as thats what I used 15 years ago, also things have approved since I last did it so trying to catch up with the new technicics. Nsi Dont do simplicite any more, they do Attraction.

Anyway, I need some help/advice on the following: -

1. It doesnt matter how much blending of the nail tip I do - it always seems to show through the acrylic (using NSI pink veil powder) COULD IT BE I NEED A DIFFERENT COLOUR POWDER - Perhaps a refresher course or a one to one may get your blending problems sorted. I think there is a tutorial on here for it in the tutorial section but not sure,

2. What is clear powder used for? I use clear powder over the natural nail and overlays and also to mix with glitters/shells etc.

3. The old technitian had a load of creative powders left - CAN I USE THEM POWDERS WITH MY NSI SIMPLICITE LIQUID? NO

4. When you have a bitten nail client and there is loads of dirt underneath which shows through the acrylic - ANY TIPS - In the NSI attraction range they do a pink Masque which is a coverage powder, this allows you to extend the nail bed to allow for a more balanced nail. Maybe retail nail brushes to those particular clients

Thanks in advance for any tips

i would deff book a refresher workshop with NSI to brush up on the skills of blending and application. Look on their website for details.

HTH

Rachel

Thanks for your reply Rachel - NSI do still do Simplicite as I only purchased it last week from them (hope they havnt just stopped doing it - I will be mad)

Cant do refresher course as I am on the Isle of Man and it costs a fortune just to get off this silly island - so cant really afford it at moment - but i do agree

Thanks for your input will def look for the blending article.

One more wee question - when do you use clear tips?

Leeann

I tried to get simplicite a while back, it let me add it to my shopping cart online but they sent attraction in its place and when I called they said they had stopped doing it. Maybe just keeping what they had left for techs that used it already. Was is the manchester NSI site you purchased from?

I use clear tips with gel hun, especially the white gel as they cure better. Also for doing glitter tips and clear enhancements with embedded art like dried flowers and shells. You can use them with the clear L&P for the same effects.

Check the NSi site for local educators, you never know, there might be one on the Isle of Man now.

The same happened to me when I ordered online, they sent me attraction I rang them up and they said that they had sent it by mistake.

Did you used to use Simplicite then? Do you now prefer the attraction?

My guess is they want everyone on the attraction now to start the phaseout of Simplicite.

I havent tried simplicite as when I called them they said they had stopped doing it so I never got the chance. Maybe a couple of other NSI geeks will be able to tell you how they compare. I have only ever used Attraction.

Well I rang NSI and yes they told me that simplicite is going :cry:. I was really mad as they should have told me when I ordered and especially when they sent me the attraction by mistake. Anyway, they have agreed to swap what I have with the attraction, so I can use and get used to it.

Latest posts

Back