NSI acrylic-what to buy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steff jones

Reaction score
Hello everyone
Looking to purchase some acrylic powder & liquid
I've heard a lot about NSI
I will be doing acrylics with gel polish / Natural acrylics & maybe some gradient ombre / Baby Bloomers. What are the best powders to get? do I just get clear & pink? I'm still a beginner but don't want to waste money on cheaper brands.

Thanks Steff

When I use to do acrylics I used the NSI attraction, they are still well used and recommended now I think and they do loads of different shades of whites and links xx

I use their attraction, coloured and secrets powders.
If you're doing baby boomers you'll need white and one of the opaque powders. I prefer purely pink masque but rose blush and peach blush are lovely too and popular on their own. I'd get clear too. Opal shimmer is a lovely fine glitter to get as you can mix a little in with any of their powders X

Are you training with NSI? Or have you already trained with someone else?:)

Are you training with NSI? Or have you already trained with someone else?:)

I did training awhile ago they gave us The Edge Acrylic nail kit. I don't really like the edge the acrylic is very runny and doesn't apply very well. I've purchased rose pink and clear in Nsi I'll give it a go and see how I get on

I agree, I think the Edge is a low end product X

When I use to do acrylics I used the NSI attraction, they are still well used and recommended now I think and they do loads of different shades of whites and links xx
Hi is sheer pink or radiant pink better for white tips x

Sheer pink is clear either slight pink it is my go to colour but radiant pink has slightly bigger flecks of pink pigment in it. If that makes sense.

I don't think I would have used white/French tips I don't think it's very professional to be honest. But if you are using the plastic white tip go for sheer pink then radiant pink.

Sheer pink is clear either slight pink it is my go to colour but radiant pink has slightly bigger flecks of pink pigment in it. If that makes sense.

I don't think I would have used white/French tips I don't think it's very professional to be honest. But if you are using the plastic white tip go for sheer pink then radiant pink.
Ok so would u say radiant is better x

I have every colour Nsi has , each client has their own preference so sheer pink is my most used pink I use as a go to colour

Ok I had the trail set with all the different ones and I'm now stuck between sheer and radiant to use on all new clients is radiant too much pink would you say for a basic nail extension

Just try them and see which you prefer. I rarely use the sheer ones. My go to is Rose Blush but lots of clients are asking for purely pink masque over natural tips.

Ok thank u Cinderella71

Depends on skin tone you might have more European clients I don't ... So can't use some those colours as it looks odd on some clients so down to personal preference of the client X

My clients love nude nails, glitter and gel polish. I find these colours great as they are opaque therefore it allows you to create a deep smile line and if using pink masque and purely pink at the base of the nail plate it grows out beautifully and looks natural.

Last edited:
Nailpod do you use Nsi balance or secrets gels? I'm considering training in these but not sure yet

I use Nsi attraction acrylics and have all their colours I also have all their colour collections. The highly pigmented 4g pots of acrylic which I use for arts, they come in a pack of 8 I think? South Africa glitters etv are supplied by nail trinkets which have very pretty chunky and fine glitters. I use Nsi gel polish but for gel I always use Calgel or Iz pro gels (same thing really)

Reason is for using different gels is after working with so many houses I prefer a soft gel meaning Calgel is so gentle it doesn't dehydrate or create problems with the natural nail and it soaks off. I can't be asked for buff off a gel now days ! That ship is sailed I send my clients away to wherever put that gel on their nails must take it of. I find with the gel dust I start sneezing and get all itchy. So have allergy to it after years of exposure I also battle with soak off so use the steamex machines now or the pre pared foil apparel with the cotton already attached so I don't have to touch any soak off product cos it melts gloves so I needed to find something which doesn't melt gloves and limits me touching acetone.

Hey how do I follow people etc I'm new to this site

Latest posts

Back