NSI Attraction - problem with infils last night

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larnie

Reaction score
OK, I'll start from the beginning. New client a month or so ago did NSI Attraction pink and white - no problems. Came for infils 2 weeks later - no problems.

Then last night she came for infils, she had one missing and two were just held on by the glue. (this is very unusual for me - dont have problems with lifting normally). Anyway as I soaked off the nails I notice the nails were splitting underneath - took me nearly an hour to get the two nails off as I was so careful because of the nail underneath. When I actually got the nails off they had split across the nail bed (looked really really sore and bleeding but client was ok).

Also when I started filing the other nails ready for infils the acrylic didnt come off like normal, normally I do the technique as on the forum where by you file above the lifted area and it normally just flakes off the acrylic, but for some reason it was like peeling off a bit like rubber - really weird.

Does anyway know why all this could of happened. ?

I obviously did not put new nails on the two sore ones but she wanted the rest doing so I infiled (by recommendation was to remove the lot but she wanted them doing).

I am really worried that I am going to have the same problem when she comes back.

Also does anyone have any recommendations for the two sore fingers?

Thank you all so much.

p.s. been doign this nearly 10 years part time and never had this before.:rolleyes:

Sounds like some sort of chemical reaction? Had she just been using cleaning products prior to coming to see you? Can't think why the acrylic would be soft and coming off like rubber . . . sounds like it wasn't completely cured and yet it must have been. How odd.:confused:

is this lady on medication? some tablets can affect the nail growth, which in turn affects the enhancments....did she bang them? could be a number of reasons for this...not you as a nail tech as you have not had this before xxxx

I did ask her if she was on any new med and she said no, I also asked about cleaning products and she said she hasnt used anything other than fairy liquid.

that is strange then....:rolleyes: sorry hun cant help anymore...i will let the more experienced help you or someone who has come accross the same thing ...xxxx

I did ask her if she was on any new med and she said no, I also asked about cleaning products and she said she hasnt used anything other than fairy liquid.

what about tanning products or spflotions:confused:

Hi - just read your post and wondered - is it possible that she may have had an infill somewhere else in between comming to you?

The fact that her nail is split accross the nail bed indicates some kind of trauma, heavy blow to that area etc.. the only time i have had acrylic peeling off like rubber was with a client of mine who had previously been to a NSS salon, had overlays and decided the next day she wanted me to remove the overlay and re- do as she was concerned with the product the NSS had used.
hope you get to the bottom of it
vicky

Latest posts

Back