NSI balance colour gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lil_miss_me

Reaction score
Hi geeks just wondering if anyone can advice me on the best nsi colour gels to get i already have noir and hot pink, i was going to buy one of the colour kits, has anyone bought one of these?? and also what do you get in the kit?? as on the website it shows a nsi glaze and go on the photo but doesnt state the kit comes with one :confused:

Thanks xx

I would contact you local NSI distributor and ask. As for the colours I like the spun silk, it is a nice mother of pearl.

Hi Bianca I have a few of the nsi colour gels and I love them!my faves with customers at the mo are Vamp, Sangria, Hot sauce the mocha latte is a nice brown for a neutral colour that will go with anything I also have the hot pink and noir but havent tried them yet I just keep buying a few at a time oh the Blush pink isnt very good its just like outting a clear gel on wasnt too happy with that one hope this helps :) Janine x

Hi geeks just wondering if anyone can advice me on the best nsi colour gels to get i already have noir and hot pink, i was going to buy one of the colour kits, has anyone bought one of these?? and also what do you get in the kit?? as on the website it shows a nsi glaze and go on the photo but doesnt state the kit comes with one :confused:

Thanks xx

Thanks xx

lil_miss_me - Glad to hear that you like the Balance Color Gels. I can tell you what some of the top sellers are (I'm skipping X-Treme White which is always #1) - Cherry Red & Sangria have ALWAYS been popular, as well as Vamp. Some recent hits are Seduction & Purple Haze. All of these make great gel polish colors, I think.

The kit does include Glaze 'n Go, as well as Builder Clear Gel (to use as a base gel & build) & Cleanse, which removes the tacky layer. Of the kits, all are pretty much equally popular, but we've sold the most of Juicy Collection.

Hope this is helpful.

Hi Bianca I have a few of the nsi colour gels and I love them!my faves with customers at the mo are Vamp, Sangria, Hot sauce the mocha latte is a nice brown for a neutral colour that will go with anything I also have the hot pink and noir but havent tried them yet I just keep buying a few at a time oh the Blush pink isnt very good its just like outting a clear gel on wasnt too happy with that one hope this helps :) Janine x

Dear Janine - Blush Pink IS very translucent. If you are looking for a light pink that is more opaque, try Cotton Candy.

thanks so much for your replies :) i will defo order the juicy kit and get the vamp and sangria next time xx

Dear Janine - Blush Pink IS very translucent. If you are looking for a light pink that is more opaque, try Cotton Candy.
thanks for that,i wish i wish i was told that over the phone when i was asking for advice about the gel colrs as i wouldnt have bought that or the platinum as thats is also very transparent.
i do like the other gel colours i have though and i will eventually buy more when i have the money.
thanks again for the advice.x
can i ask what the difference is between the x treme white and brush on white? as ive only used the brush on white.x

thanks for that,i wish i wish i was told that over the phone when i was asking for advice about the gel colrs as i wouldnt have bought that or the platinum as thats is also very transparent.
i do like the other gel colours i have though and i will eventually buy more when i have the money.
thanks again for the advice.x
can i ask what the difference is between the x treme white and brush on white? as ive only used the brush on white.x

Yes, Platinum is also transparent. We have too new silvers - Silver Spoon & Gun Metal. Gun Metal is the most opaque, but it is also much darker than Platinum.

X-Treme White is slightly thicker than Brush On French White. The colors are very similiar, although you might find BOFW to be a bit whiter. It would really be a matter of personal preference as to which you would prefer. Hope I explained that OK.

Yes, Platinum is also transparent. We have too new silvers - Silver Spoon & Gun Metal. Gun Metal is the most opaque, but it is also much darker than Platinum.

X-Treme White is slightly thicker than Brush On French White. The colors are very similiar, although you might find BOFW to be a bit whiter. It would really be a matter of personal preference as to which you would prefer. Hope I explained that OK.
thanks for that jessie,i have wondered what the difference was for a while but always forgot to ask,lol.
i look forward to buying more of the coloured gels,thanks.x

hi, i tried out the Balance colour gel last night on myself and was really dissapointed, I used the Sangria and found it went stripy, i did 2 coats. Then after an hour it started peeling. Where am I going wrong?

hi, i tried out the Balance colour gel last night on myself and was really dissapointed, I used the Sangria and found it went stripy, i did 2 coats. Then after an hour it started peeling. Where am I going wrong?

Did you try mixing the gel before applying? Sometimes with heavily pigmented gels, the Titanium Dioxide (which makes the product opaque) can settle.

As for the peeling, I'm not sure. Let me ask some questions:

#1) Did you apply it directly to the natural nail, or use a base of another gel?
#2) What kind of lamp did you use and how long did you cure it? When was the last time you changed your lamp bulbs?
#3) What kind of finishing product did you use, if any?

If you answer those questions, I can troubleshoot with my education department and hopefully get you some answers.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply, no I must admit I never mixed the gel, wil try that. Ok onto the questions, I prepped the nail, used the balance primer, then a layer of balance builder gel(thinly, could this be my problem?). I used my trusty uv lamp, and cured for 2 mins each layer. I then finished with a layer of finish clear.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply, no I must admit I never mixed the gel, wil try that. Ok onto the questions, I prepped the nail, used the balance primer, then a layer of balance builder gel(thinly, could this be my problem?). I used my trusty uv lamp, and cured for 2 mins each layer. I then finished with a layer of finish clear.

Sounds like you've done everything right. A thin layer of Builder Gel is recommended - I don't think you can apply it too thin so that it would peel. Did the whole enhancements peel - builder and all - or was it just the color peeling? Were all of the nails peeling?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I just want to make sure I have a clear picture in my mind of what happened so I can get you some good answers as to what may have caused this.

No, I appreciate your help! 3 fingers and both thumbs have peeled, it started with a chip on the free edge and then peeled and yes the whole enhancement peeled. Whats the best way to remove the remaining product? thanks again, with any help you can give me, and will try again on someone at work tomorrow.

No, I appreciate your help! 3 fingers and both thumbs have peeled, it started with a chip on the free edge and then peeled and yes the whole enhancement peeled. Whats the best way to remove the remaining product? thanks again, with any help you can give me, and will try again on someone at work tomorrow.

You'll have to file off the remaining product - It will not soak-off. I assume you are applying to a natural nail - correct me if I'm wrong. You said that you prepped the nail - did that include dehydrating with Nailpure Plus, or a similar product? If you use Nailpure Plus, if should be chalky white before moving on to the next step. Also, did you apply the Balance Bond liberally and wait one minute for it to dry?

Yes it was to my natural nails, and I used a young nails product called swipe, which is a dehydrater, that goes white. I also applied Balance bond liberally but didnt wait for it to dry! I will try this tomorrow. I also wondered if I needed to cap the free edge? or file or buff in any way?

Yes it was to my natural nails, and I used a young nails product called swipe, which is a dehydrater, that goes white. I also applied Balance bond liberally but didnt wait for it to dry! I will try this tomorrow. I also wondered if I needed to cap the free edge? or file or buff in any way?

Yes, it needs to dry. It won't be chalky white, so don't look for that. Capping the free edge always helps, and might have been your issue, considering the peeling started with chips from the free edge. Keep playing and don't get frustrated. Gels definitely take a different technique to apply and a little practice will go a long way. You can always PM me if you have more questions. Also I can recommend some videos, etc. to look at so you can compare your technique and see if something is different. Good luck and keep me posted!

Yes try and try again ill let you know how I get on. Could you give me the links to the videos, think they might be helpful. Ive wrote on your profile page, regarding other NSI products.

Latest posts

Back