NSI Balance Gel System UV Lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe90

Reaction score
Am about to purchase some NSI balance gel but have no uv lamp.

What lamps do other nsi geeks use?

I have a friend selling a lamp but it is not an nsi one - will it be ok?
The lamp is 36 watt.

Hi

My NSI one is 9 watt, they do a larger one too so I guess you'd be ok. Check with NSI if in doubt I'm sure they'd be happy to advise.

it's better to use the UV lamp recommended for the gel system...
ie get the NSI lamp for the NSI gels.
if you use a different lamp than the one recommended you could end up having product breakdown, undercuring, heatspike etc, the photoinitiators in the gel react differently with the amount of UV output.
I'm sure NSI will be able to advise you if you give them a ring.
x

joe90 said:

The lamp is 36 watt.

Hi

I too use NSI Balance Gel ... which cures under 'a' 9wt or 36wt light. I used a 36wt standard light (no particular brand) that I purchased from Germany. I used this light for about a year and a half (now I have two matching 9wt, but otherwise I would still be using it).

I am sure you will be fine ... I know other systems like Brisa, IBD, poss EZ Flow require a specific output on their light - but no probs at all with the likes of NSI, Akzentz etc - as long as it is either 9wt or 36wt.

Vicky

VickyB said:
I am sure you will be fine ... I know other systems like Brisa, IBD, poss EZ Flow require a specific output on their light - but no probs at all with the likes of NSI, Akzentz etc - as long as it is either 9wt or 36wt.
sorry but I think you're wrong by saying it will be ok.... I've just had a quick read through of my Brisa notes to make sure I wasn't talking out of my backside...

each gel is specifically formulated to work with a UV lamp developed for that particular system.

if you are using a lamp with a lower level of UV output than the gel needs you won't get an optimum cure and this could lead to service breakdown.

if you are using a lamp with a higher level of UV output than the gel needs then you could overcure/overheat the gel, have an excessive exothermic reaction which in turn could result in brittleness of the finished enhancement, service breakdown, onycholysis and possible discolouration.

this is for ALL GELS not just Brisa... which is why getting the correct lamp is so important.

I don't use gel, but I remember being suprised when I read through the literature on NSI gel and it said you can use any make of lamp and gave the cure times for 9watt and 36 watt.
I was suprised because I know cnd say you must use their lamp.
But product application for L&P is completely different for the two companys as well.

Hi

No need to apologise .... I think it's unfair though to let someone believe that they can only use a PARTICULAR lamp for a system that will allow otherwise.

I don't speak for Brisa ... I speak about what I know and use - not through documented literature BUT through personal experience and the experience of some very high calibre gel nail technicians (in mine any many others opinion - the best, worldwide).

The NSI 9wt lamp is the same as the Ocius lamp - I have both, I use both and have problems with neither.

So ... after all my toffee nose ranting - I would still say the 36wt lamp will work just fine:)

Vicky

quote=ValencianNails]sorry but I think you're wrong by saying it will be ok.... I've just had a quick read through of my Brisa notes to make sure I wasn't talking out of my backside...

each gel is specifically formulated to work with a UV lamp developed for that particular system.

if you are using a lamp with a lower level of UV output than the gel needs you won't get an optimum cure and this could lead to service breakdown.

if you are using a lamp with a higher level of UV output than the gel needs then you could overcure/overheat the gel, have an excessive exothermic reaction which in turn could result in brittleness of the finished enhancement, service breakdown, onycholysis and possible discolouration.

this is for ALL GELS not just Brisa... which is why getting the correct lamp is so important.[/quote]

i purchased the nsi kit a while back and they were doing an offer....the kit and the lamp for £100 ish maybe a touch more cant remember.

THe lamp they supplied with the kit was / is a daylight 36 watt tunnel lamp.

hth

Amb x

VickyB said:
I think it's unfair though to let someone believe that they can only use a PARTICULAR lamp for a system that will allow otherwise.
my notes weren't only referring to the gel I use... if you read what I wrote it says...
"each gel is specifically formulated to work with a UV lamp developed for that particular system"

ValencianNails said:
my notes weren't only referring to the gel I use... if you read what I wrote it says...
"each gel is specifically formulated to work with a UV lamp developed for that particular system"

Yes that's right - you can use a different lamp but timing etc will be altered and could cause problems.

Hi Sandi

I did read it, and just like Creative state this, NSI state that their product will cure under ANY 9wt lamp (or be it 36 as is the case here) - so, in this instance it's perhaps better to do what we do as long as the products hold up good.

Vicky

ValencianNails said:

Hi Guys

I agree with ValencianNails my notes say exactley the same, i also have the DVD and Instruction booklet for application of NSI Balance Gel and it states 9 watt lamp!

I think i would be inclined to follow the manufacturers guidelines.

Just for your info a portable 9 watt lamp from NSI is £54.95+VAT !!! :wink2:

joe90 said:

The lamp is 36 watt.
Hi I am about to buy some balance gel too and my supplier said you can use any 9 watt uv lamp. She also said the balance gel does not need a lamp any higher in wattage than the 9 watt as this is all it needs.

Hope this helps.

Nerida

I use NSI Balance gel system...........my lamp is 9 watt but it isn't from NSI.........and I don't have any problems! :D

Martine x

:biggrin: hi can you tell me what gel kit to buy from nsi as im a learning student.and im not that sure what gel kit is the best for a learner.also what is the best uv lamp to buy thanks paula:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back