NSI Balance over white tip & lifting - any advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magsham

Reaction score
Hi guys

At the last show i bought some really nice deep french tips - for use on myself for ease! - from Proimpressions. I've just done a set on myself and daughter and they look great but i have just noticed a silver streak going down the length of the white of my left thumb and it looks like it's lifted.

I've taken the shine off & cleansed in prep, but this has happened before when i haven't and even put balance bond on the tip - it says you don't, but didn't melt the tip or cause cracking - but the gel has still lifted after 3 days.

Any advice?

i had this happen with the one client that would only have white raptor tips. Are you just using the clear gel? maybe try curing them a little longer.

Did you remove the shine from the tip?

rachel x

the curse of the white tips and gel...:lol:

i had this happen with the one client that would only have white raptor tips. Are you just using the clear gel? maybe try curing them a little longer.

Did you remove the shine from the tip?

rachel x

Hi Yes clear builder for 2 mins & buffed to remove shine

its just that they don't go together very well....they don't appear to adhere like it does with natural/clear tips.

You could try scoring the white tips a bit more...but then i don't know if that would remove the white coating on them....not sure...i don't use white tips..try one. xx

I avoid white tips with gel and go for clear tips with paint on white.

The UV light cannot penetrate from the under side of the white tip to cure the layer of gel that lies directly on the tip.. so all your doing is curing a 'shell' over the white tip and leaving the under side semi uncured.. this is why clear tips are used with gel nails... the light can get through at all angles and fully cure the gel.

Latest posts

Back