NSI Balance UV builder gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nataliarea

Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently studying nail tech in college. We have just started to do gel extensions.

I did my 3 of my nails at college all fine but when I got home to do the rest of my nails, it is not curing at all- I cleansed them to remove the ‘sticky’ layer and half of them came off! I got so impatient I had to take them all off!

I did exactly the same as in college except I used a different lamp- in college they have the nsi uv lamp but at home I have an led/uv lamp from u-spicy.

I’ve been researching all week and from what I have gathered you need to have the same lamp from the system you are using- but this isn’t what everyone has been saying ie the websites say cures under led lamp for 1 minute or 2 minutes uv (that would be the uv/led version but we have the uv only version)

As we are using the uv only version I assumed my lamp would work with it as it’s uv/led.

My question is, do I need to buy the nsi uv lamp or will any brand do or should mine be fine?

Would appreciate the help!

Thanks!

You are missing a massive piece of education regarding lamps, I'm really angry on your behalf that this is not covered by your course. Its basic, fundamental stuff about H&S, product chemistry and application - how can something that is essential to those three parts of our skill not be covered by a training course!!!!

Check outbthe pinned post at the top of the Nails forum for all the information about lamps.

In simple terms, no not all lamps cure all products and LED lamps will not cure UV products - they are different types of light.

You need to bring the subject up at college too so your tutor can address it

Yeah I’m super angry that they didn’t tell us! I will bring it up for sure as she just said a uv lamp will work but as mine is uv and led I just thought that would cover it! But I’ve been looking through all the posts on here and am so thankful for this forum!

Would you believe I’m paying thousands of pounds for this course outrageous!!

Thanks for the reply though! X

Yeah I’m super angry that they didn’t tell us! I will bring it up for sure as she just said a uv lamp will work but as mine is uv and led I just thought that would cover it! But I’ve been looking through all the posts on here and am so thankful for this forum!

Would you believe I’m paying thousands of pounds for this course outrageous!!

Thanks for the reply though! X

That's awful, you should name and shame, you will have also seen from other posts how easy it is to get ripped off for training so reviews and honest feedback is important to our members

Latest posts

Back