nsi coloured gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bleasy

Reaction score
Hi all, im new to the Nail World, so would be great to hear your advice.
When i use NSI coloured gels and cure for 2 mins, when i wipe off the tacky layer the colour comes off with it?? What am i doing wrong?:rolleyes:

Hi all, im new to the Nail World, so would be great to hear your advice.
When i use NSI coloured gels and cure for 2 mins, when i wipe off the tacky layer the colour comes off with it?? What am i doing wrong?:rolleyes:

Are you putting a top coat layer of gel on before you wipe off?
I dont use the NSI colours but Bio Sculpture and you put a layer of clear/sealer gel over the colour before you wipe off the tacky layer.

Hiya, are reading what it says?

I mean you most probs have to cure it for longer than 2 mins. i would read the instruction that came with gels hun :)

Are you putting a top coat layer of gel on before you wipe off?
I dont use the NSI colours but Bio Sculpture and you put a layer of clear/sealer gel over the colour before you wipe off the tacky layer.

Hi Theresa,
Im using builder clear gel then colour, but it still comes off???

Hi Theresa,
Im using builder clear gel then colour, but it still comes off???

Are you then putting a layer of clear gel on top of the colour?

Hiya, are reading what it says?

I mean you most probs have to cure it for longer than 2 mins. i would read the instruction that came with gels hun :)

Hi, Yep have read all instructions and the step by step stuff, and the lamp is new with new bulbs etc, so am baffled??:irked:

the tacky layer is uncured gel.
if your using a coloured gel the tacky layer will be uncured coloured gel.
with most coloured gels you need to put a layer of clear on and cure it before wiping off the tacky layer.

sometimes if the colour is really dense it can take longer to cure as the light cannot penetrate it so easily and you may need to add extra curing time.

is it just a trace of colour coming off, or is it most of it ?

Are you then putting a layer of clear gel on top of the colour?

HI, yes but do i not wipe the tacky layer off, and put the finish gel on top, then wipe??

hi bleasy

I too use nsi and after following the correct directions as you did i too had the same dilema. I give 2 nice coats only wiping after the 2nd one then build with clear and finish with glaze & go. It is a longer process than it needs to be, i have yet to try putting a thin coat of builder clear then colour and follow as above hopefully only having to use one color.
Hope this is of some benefit.

NC :)

HI, yes but do i not wipe the tacky layer off, and put the finish gel on top, then wipe??

I have just read in the NSI catalogue that you apply the coloured gel, cure, then apply balance finish clear and cure and then wipe over with cleanse.

the tacky layer is uncured gel.
if your using a coloured gel the tacky layer will be uncured coloured gel.
with most coloured gels you need to put a layer of clear on and cure it before wiping off the tacky layer.

sometimes if the colour is really dense it can take longer to cure as the light cannot penetrate it so easily and you may need to add extra curing time.

is it just a trace of colour coming off, or is it most of it ?

Pretty much most of the colour is coming off, leaving patchy nails? i use a builder clear underneath too.

hi bleasy

I too use nsi and after following the correct directions as you did i too had the same dilema. I give 2 nice coats only wiping after the 2nd one then build with clear and finish with glaze & go. It is a longer process than it needs to be, i have yet to try putting a thin coat of builder clear then colour and follow as above hopefully only having to use one color.
Hope this is of some benefit.

NC :)

HI , thanks for that, i will try it your way, to see if it helps me!

I have just read in the NSI catalogue that you apply the coloured gel, cure, then apply balance finish clear and cure and then wipe over with cleanse.

Hi, I tried that way too, but the colour wasnt even, oh well ill keep trying my nails are all sorts of colours ha ha
Thanks!

Hi, I tried that way too, but the colour wasnt even, oh well ill keep trying my nails are all sorts of colours ha ha
Thanks!

Are you applying the recommended 2 coats of colour too?

Pretty much most of the colour is coming off, leaving patchy nails? i use a builder clear underneath too.

are you stiring the gel before use.
sometimes the ingredient that makes the gel cure separates from the colour, so if its not mixed together properly you might not have enough photoinitiator in your application to cure it fully.

are you stiring the gel before use.
sometimes the ingredient that makes the gel cure separates from the colour, so if its not mixed together properly you might not have enough photoinitiator in your application to cure it fully.

Hi, It is a see through red colour, not a dense colour, but i will try that too thanks.

Hi Theresa,
I used 2 coats and it was alot better, but there is shrinkage around the end of the nail maybe i didnt cap it off enough...
Thanks for your help!

Hi Theresa,
I used 2 coats and it was alot better, but there is shrinkage around the end of the nail maybe i didnt cap it off enough...
Thanks for your help!

I find with some coloured gels that you need to freeze cure in between each nail just to stop the shrinkage.

Great thanks alot!

Latest posts

Back