NSI drop in day..any good??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pebble

Reaction score
Hi

I was just wondering - those who have been to an NSI drop in day, did you find it useful?? What was it like? How long did you stay for?
Im thinking of attending one on Monday, but will have to sort out childcare and wanted to make sure it was worthwhile going!!

Thanks
Debbie

I love going to the NSI drop in days - you learn so much.

We stayed and shoped for hours.

I'm eagerly awaiting the next one down south...i missed the last one cos we were having a new kitchen fitted!!

Hi, i went to the one in birmingham and i was quite dissapointed, there were girls from a salon in coventry who use nsi (i believe one was a trainer), i was there about 10mins no products you could purchase so wasnt to impressed - also they used an e-file on one of my broken nails that i agreed to having a sample done and it was very uncomfy. I just felt uncomftable the whole time i was there! Maybe it was just me!

the one in manchester is brilliant.

all the girls are friendly and helpful and every product used in the demos are there to buy in the shop afterwards.

I have been to a couple of these over the past 12 months, they are really informative and they do really good demo's and you can ask questions which they are willing to answer both practically and verbally.

I will be going down on Sunday bright and early, hopefully I will pick up some good tips.

If anyone is going down then it would be nice to meet up with you, I don't know anyone on the forum yet.

Joan

I have the e-mail if anyone would like me to send it to them.

Just PM me your e-mail address.

I will be going down there, probably about 11.0ish - would love to meet a fellow geek as I haven't met any yet.

Julie.
XX

pennijar said:
I have been to a couple of these over the past 12 months, they are really informative and they do really good demo's and you can ask questions which they are willing to answer both practically and verbally.

I will be going down on Sunday bright and early, hopefully I will pick up some good tips.

If anyone is going down then it would be nice to meet up with you, I don't know anyone on the forum yet.

Joan

I want to go to the one in Manchester on Sunday, dont suppose anyone is going from down south?

I was thiking of going to one in Manchester on Sunday (just got the email). Anyone else going?

im thinking of going...

hope i dont get too lost x

joe90 said:
I will be going down there, probably about 11.0ish - would love to meet a fellow geek as I haven't met any yet.

Julie.
XX

We are aiming to get there for 9.30am as I said bright and early, that way you get to have a look round the shop before it gets packed. It would be lovely to get to meet a fellow geek as I haven't met any yet either. Will still be there at 11am, can arrange a place to meet up if you want to.

Joan

Sounds good to me, have you been to NSI before?

Anyway, easiest place to meet is in the foyer where they have a lovely comfy sofa with Versace cushions (don't know if they are fake - but very nice).

How will we know one another, copy of the times and a rose in the lapel (LOL).

pennijar said:
We are aiming to get there for 9.30am as I said bright and early, that way you get to have a look round the shop before it gets packed. It would be lovely to get to meet a fellow geek as I haven't met any yet either. Will still be there at 11am, can arrange a place to meet up if you want to.

Joan

Sorry forgot to ask, whereabouts in Lancashire are you>

joe90 said:
Sounds good to me, have you been to NSI before?

Anyway, easiest place to meet is in the foyer where they have a lovely comfy sofa with Versace cushions (don't know if they are fake - but very nice).

How will we know one another, copy of the times and a rose in the lapel (LOL).

In answer to your second post I am in Leigh approx 30 mins away from NSI and you ask have I been there before, I have spent a fortune both there and in Salon Services across the way, sadly that was before I changed my job to a part time going to full time one, yeah right still doing 20 hours a week after 2 months. but hey I can still window shop can't I. Need a new UV lamp now but not this weekend.

I will either meet you in the foyer or outside (usually nip out for a ciggy naughty I know but hey) I will be with my friend from College, not sure if she is a geek yet or not, but if not she soon will be.

Love

Joan

Sorry you asked how you will know me, I am 5ft tall, with reddish hair and specs, how will I know you?

Joan

Fingertips ND said:
I love going to the NSI drop in days - you learn so much.

We stayed and shoped for hours.

Snap!!!! I'm the same I love them, love the vat free drop in day even more lol!! But yeh they're so worth going to wish I could afford it this time but I can't as I always spend to much!! Will be going to the next one though!!! You learn so much as well. If you have ay questions about anything or any trouble with products your using they're more tha happy to help you/ show you where your going wrong!!! HTH:biggrin::biggrin: Gutted I'll miss it, made some good friends there!! :sad:

leah82 said:
Snap!!!! I'm the same I love them, love the vat free drop in day even more lol!! But yeh they're so worth going to wish I could afford it this time but I can't as I always spend to much!! Will be going to the next one though!!! You learn so much as well. If you have ay questions about anything or any trouble with products your using they're more tha happy to help you/ show you where your going wrong!!! HTH:biggrin::biggrin: Gutted I'll miss it, made some good friends there!! :sad:

Aw shame you're going to miss it, but like you say there is always another just around the corner and as you say the VAT free ones are Brill I spent a fortune at the last one.

Joan

I too have reddish hair and specs, but am 5ft 7" and a bit (and the bit counts). Drive a blue Rav4 so if you are outside having a crafty fag you will see me pull up and you can grab me as I go in!!

I am billy no mates, so will be on my own!

pennijar said:
Sorry you asked how you will know me, I am 5ft tall, with reddish hair and specs, how will I know you?

Joan

joe90 said:
I too have reddish hair and specs, but am 5ft 7" and a bit (and the bit counts). Drive a blue Rav4 so if you are outside having a crafty fag you will see me pull up and you can grab me as I go in!!

I am billy no mates, so will be on my own!

email me privately and I will give you my moby No so we won't miss each other.

Joan

Latest posts

Back