NSI gel nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helen.murphy

Reaction score
Hi,
Im having trouble with the nsi gel systems. I have followed the instructions but when i come to wipe off the tacky layer it seems to wipe off all the gel. I have got a LED lamp im beginning to think i should be using a uv lamp. Also on one nail the gel peeled off. Can someone pease adice me. I have been doing silk nails for years but reciently have been refreshing on gel nails so i am qualified but it was years ago.

NSI balance uv gel cannot be cured with a led lamp. Have you had the relevant training for this system?

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

Hi, i thought I'd try and help u as best I can as I'm only trained in acrylic using nsi however I've recently bought the Hollywood gel kit which I've done a few of now and they seem fine, I would definitely say you need a uv lamp, and make sure your prep is correct, go to Nail Angel / Home / Nail Angel Free information and videos for Professional Nail Technicians. and there are some videos on how to use gel and correct application from trained professionals, it's brilliant! I found it helped me get back on track with nails after being on maternity
Hope this helps a little, I'm sure someone more knowledgable in gels will be along soon to advise you further
Tia x

Hi,
Im having trouble with the nsi gel systems. I have followed the instructions but when i come to wipe off the tacky layer it seems to wipe off all the gel. I have got a LED lamp im beginning to think i should be using a uv lamp. Also on one nail the gel peeled off. Can someone pease adice me. I have been doing silk nails for years but reciently have been refreshing on gel nails so i am qualified but it was years ago.
I've recently joined so 'Hi'
Years ago when I first started my teacher told us there could be a number of reasons why gel would peel. Poor nail prep. Product to thin/thick. Did you use your primer, did you allow to dry. Bulbs not working efficiently.
I've never used a LED lamp either just UVA but perhaps that could be the problem, I'm returning to Nail's after a long break of 5yrs I used to use NSI & liked it. Why not give NSI a call?

Hi, i thought I'd try and help u as best I can as I'm only trained in acrylic using nsi however I've recently bought the Hollywood gel kit which I've done a few of now and they seem fine, I would definitely say you need a uv lamp, and make sure your prep is correct, go to Nail Angel / Home / Nail Angel Free information and videos for Professional Nail Technicians. and there are some videos on how to use gel and correct application from trained professionals, it's brilliant! I found it helped me get back on track with nails after being on maternity
Hope this helps a little, I'm sure someone more knowledgable in gels will be along soon to advise you further
Tia x
Oooh, Just had a quick squint at the site, Look forward to having a good look around it :biggrin:

LED uv lamps will not cure every gel.
Nsi balance gel needs a uv lamp to cure. No if ands or buts! So it wouldn't matter how good your application or prep was the gel wouldn't cure in the lamp you are using. Different gels need different wavelength of uv to polmerise. A uv lamp gives off a broad spectrum of uv waves. Led uv gives off a very narrow spectrum, so for the gel to fully cure it has to be designed to react to that narrow spectrum. Use the system as a whole with good training and your products will work for you!

Thankyou all for your advice. I bought the led lamp with the dvice of the person who worked in the beauty warehouse, which has been great for gellux nails and toes. I will buy a uv lamp. I no all my prep was correct but suppose ifi havnt got the correct lamp the nails are not going to cure. I am going to try the white tips for quickness do these need to be blended just like the normal tips when using gel.?

I'm sorry if this sounds blunt but with the questions that you are asking maybe you should consider refreshing your training?

Latest posts

Back