NSI Gel users, advice needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pips

Reaction score
As you know i passed my gel conversion monday and yesterday i did my first set of french gel overlays on a 16 yr old who had trashed her nails during the holidays and wanted to look something like for her return to school today.

Just as i was packing up and ready for the off tonight her mum called in to say her daughters nails had got chips in them.
I asked if it was all her nails and she said no just a few nails and right on the endge ( the free edge i persume)

Now what i want to know ( as obviously i havnt seen them yet ) is it something i have done or rather not done or is it down to the girl and the way she has used them today?

I did cuticle work
nail prep
balance bond
1 step, cure
white tip, cure
builder, cure
light buff to refine, wipe
glaze and go
cuticle oil

Is there anything else i should have done? Im sure i covered everything :irked:
I have told the mum to send her daughter in tomorrow so i can have a look and try correct them.

What would be the best way to correct them? Would i buff it all down and re-apply the white and builder?

Any help i would be gratefull :hug:

As you know i passed my gel conversion monday and yesterday i did my first set of french gel overlays on a 16 yr old who had trashed her nails during the holidays and wanted to look something like for her return to school today.

Just as i was packing up and ready for the off tonight her mum called in to say her daughters nails had got chips in them.
I asked if it was all her nails and she said no just a few nails and right on the endge ( the free edge i persume)

Now what i want to know ( as obviously i havnt seen them yet ) is it something i have done or rather not done or is it down to the girl and the way she has used them today?

I did cuticle work
nail prep
balance bond
1 step, cure
white tip, cure
builder, cure
light buff to refine, wipe
glaze and go
cuticle oil

Is there anything else i should have done? Im sure i covered everything :irked:
I have told the mum to send her daughter in tomorrow so i can have a look and try correct them.

What would be the best way to correct them? Would i buff it all down and re-apply the white and builder?

Any help i would be gratefull :hug:

Are you sure they are chipped ? maybe the gel has not covered the nail in placed causeing it to look like small holes in the nail ? if that makes sense

Did you wait 2 mins after the balance bond?
Did you apply the 1st layer of gel, working it into the nail plate?
Did you apply a thin layer of white then after 2 mins curing, apply another layer?
Did you cap the free edge?

Just some ideas for you.

to be honest i would just wait till you see them before you make any decisions on how it was done and what your going to do to correct them.im sure you did everything right.sometimes these things just happen.im sure things will make more sense to you once youve seen them.hths

Did you wait 2 mins after the balance bond?Yes i waited 2 mins
Did you apply the 1st layer of gel, working it into the nail plate?Yes i worked the 1 step into the nail
Did you apply a thin layer of white then after 2 mins curing, apply another layer?No i want told to do 2 layers of white
Did you cap the free edge?Yes i pulled the gel over and under the free edge

Just some ideas for you.

Im not worrying just curious about these crack & chips

Im not worrying just curious about these crack & chips

It sounds as if she has been a bit heavy handed on the free edge.
And the cracks sound like the may have lifted somehow and the lifted bit has cracked off.
You have done all the right things, just wait and see the nails as mentioned above. You will be able to see right away what has happened.
Good luck.

Thanks hun, trust it to be my 1st set!

I'll let you know how it goes :hug:

Latest posts

Back