NSI issues

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Believe you me, NSI is NOT the culprit, YOU are the cause of the problem.
It is distressing to see so many new techs blame products, then bad mouth that company or product when in fact, it is the nail tech techniques that are causing all the damage.

If you have had correct training either with NSI or another source, you will have been taught how to remove a BUFF off gel correctly and one of the biggest technique taught is, to always leave a thin layer of gel on the nail and it will grow out or lift off in it's own good time if no other product is applied on top of it.
If you are wanting to apply another product (even if it's acrylic and not gel) leaving a thin layer of the buff off gel on the natural nail will not affect the new set, providing you as the tech have done all your prep correctly that is.
The ONLY way your nails can become thin is due to being filed that way by YOU, either during the prep stage or removal stage, NO gel thins nails like you are suggesting.

One saying that Greg from Young Nails says and I think it's one of the best is "It's NOT the tools that do the damage, it's the fools that do the damage".

You say you were only taught in college to remove soak off gels, maybe you need to return to college to learn how to do buff off gels CORRECTLY.

Please do not blame NSI or the Balance gel system for a problem YOU have caused, just learn how to work with buff off gels correctly and the problem will be solved.

Sorry but this is harsh, I hear what your saying but the OP was just looking for some advice which is what this forum is for, there are certain ways of giving that advice and being shouted at isn't the way. The OP is new to the industry and is still learning, she is trying to understand and rectify the problem that's more than can be said for some tech's out there. Let's not scare people off from asking questions as that would kinda defeat the purpose of this forum.

Sorry but this is harsh, I hear what your saying but the OP was just looking for some advice which is what this forum is for, there are certain ways of giving that advice and being shouted at isn't the way. The OP is new to the industry and is still learning, she is trying to understand and rectify the problem that's more than can be said for some tech's out there. Let's not scare people off from asking questions as that would kinda defeat the purpose of this forum.

Well said...this is totally out of order in the tone when she was aware of what she needed to do!

Like I said, we are all entitled to our opinions and I respect everyone else, like others should respect mine.

I wonder how the big nail companies who put loads of money, research and time etc etc into their products feel when a tech who is either newly trained and needs more to grasp the basics or not trained at all, comes along and bags out publicly that XYZ products are rubbish because they did XYZ to my nails/clients nails?
I'm sure they feel this is harsh when someone is bagging out their products for no good reason.
Unless someone makes them see that it is not the product but themselves doing the damage, they will continue to bag out the product and tarnish a perfectly good brands name.
I have seen many times where someone comes and bags out a product and refuses to listen that it is themselves that is causing the damage and continue to bag the product until a more experienced person drums into them that this is not the case and points out where the tech is going wrong, not the product going wrong.

Many newbies read our forum and it is not fair for them to read a thread like this and get the impression that a good quality product is bad because a someone has bagged it out for no good reason.

I'm sorry if my post sounded harsh to some but I stand by what I said as I find it upsetting for all the big companies to be bagged out for no good reason. I don't use capitals in the shouting sense, I use them to emphasize a word, not shout it. Maybe I should change to underlines instead:)

Last edited:
She shouldn't really be using a buff off gel when she has had no training in it. Soak off and buff off gels are completely different in their method of removal. You wouldn't get a trainee hairstylist attempt to bleach hair coz she now knows how to shampoo. I don't think the OP realised there is a big difference and naively thought she'd be ok as she's been taught in soak off gel. She will probably make a great tech once she's got the right training as she is actually worried about the condition of the nails and not just blindly carrying on not caring about it

Wooshka I get this, I really do, I think it was seeing the shouty caps, underlines may be better hehe :) and for any new techs out there NSI is a fantastic product, ive used there attraction acrylic system for years. My advice is once out of college and you have decided on the products your going to use do a conversion course, there inexpensive and will only take a day of your time, it really will save you alot of headaches in the long run. :)

Beautybemine15, I looked on the net for you, it seems there is a company in Birmingham that do NSI training, might be worth giving them a ring :)

Aston & Fincher Ltd
Birmingham
Address: Unit 2, Pavilion Drive,Birmingham B6 7BB
Tel: 0870 240 2176

These detail were taken from the NSI website Aston & Fincher - Nail Systems International(UK)

And you could also give NSI a call on 0500 131 009, the girls there are really helpful :)

Beautybemine15, I looked on the net for you, it seems there is a company in Birmingham that do NSI training, might be worth giving them a ring :)

Aston & Fincher Ltd
Birmingham
Address: Unit 2, Pavilion Drive,Birmingham B6 7BB
Tel: 0870 240 2176

These detail were taken from the NSI website Aston & Fincher - Nail Systems International(UK)

And you could also give NSI a call on 0500 131 009, the girls there are really helpful :)

Aww aren't you lovely and helpful ?! Now go polish your halo :) xxx

Aww aren't you lovely and helpful ?! Now go polish your halo :) xxx

Oh don't worry its gleaming, I polished it yesterday. :wink2: :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There is also a lady called beverley Robinson, who is a distributor & trainer for NSI. I have done my training through her and it's great.

Her training centre is in Melton Mowbray, Leicester. If you google her name she is the first to come up x

Latest posts

Back