NSI Polydip colours quite translucent?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkmolly226

Reaction score
I’ve been trying out nsi polydip system as an alternative to acrylic overlays and for people who seem to always chip gel polish I love it as an overlay but I feel the colours are always bit translucent and don’t have the same colour quality as a gel polish so need to polish over them anyway. Am i doing something wrong?

How many coats of colored powder are you using? And are you using a base powder coat?

I’m using the polydip discover kit so using the base powder coat in that. Giving the colours 2 and 3 coats, but find I usually need to use a dip of white diamonds to make it look better. It’s not completely transparent, just not as rich a colour as I get from gel polishes. Do you think I need extra coats?

I’m using the polydip discover kit so using the base powder coat in that. Giving the colours 2 and 3 coats, but find I usually need to use a dip of white diamonds to make it look better. It’s not completely transparent, just not as rich a colour as I get from gel polishes. Do you think I need extra coats?

No, I would say just use a different powder. Opi, and kiara sky are very pigmented. It only takes two coats of color powder, and one clear coat of powder to seal it in. I never do more than 5 coats total if necessary, the dip nails just become too bulky and tend to break easier if you use too many coats. The kiara sky has a great starter kit, and are a lot more reasonably priced than opi. Best of luck, hope this helps some.

No, I would say just use a different powder. Opi, and kiara sky are very pigmented. It only takes two coats of color powder, and one clear coat of powder to seal it in. I never do more than 5 coats total if necessary, the dip nails just become too bulky and tend to break easier if you use too many coats. The kiara sky has a great starter kit, and are a lot more reasonably priced than opi. Best of luck, hope this helps some.
Ok thank you I’ll try a couple of dinffernt brands then, I’ll have a look at the starter kit you recommended

Latest posts

Back