NSI problems or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameo Val

Reaction score
I have heard and read on this site that NSI Balance gels have problems, but no one says what problems they are. so can anyone give me some ideas of the good and the bad things about NSI gel. I have the trial kits and have messed about with them, but never tried them on clients. What do all you other nails techs think about NSI Balance.

Thanks

I am not experienced with gel, only just tried it, but i was well impressed with the nsi balance!! put a set on myself and i think they look great and very easy to do (even on the other hand that normally looks like ive stuck a cornflake on when i do acrylic! lol) Dont know what they are like for strength etc as only had them on just over a day, but so far so good. the only thing im not sure about is the buff off :( never had to do that with acrylic but think thats common to most gels from what ive read on here? it does self level though and i would recommend it . HTH.

i have ordered balance trial kit what size lamp would i need to cure my toes as nsi sell various size uvlamps
cheers

Ive got a 9w lamp, think all the nsi ones are 9w too? i suppose a 6w would just take longer!

valburt said:
I have heard and read on this site that NSI Balance gels have problems, but no one says what problems they are. so can anyone give me some ideas of the good and the bad things about NSI gel. I have the trial kits and have messed about with them, but never tried them on clients. What do all you other nails techs think about NSI Balance.

Thanks

Hi,

I use NSI Builder Pink Gel, it is lovely to work with and don't get any problems with lifting. A lot of clients that I have done that have been on holiday have said they prefer this to Acrylic.

Lynn :cool:

Hi ya I received my trial kit for NSI Balance Gel, and so far think its fab the gels are really loveloy to work with the only thing i didnt like was the white gel as its not very bright so ive tried it with my more than white on a client Saturday and hoping the results will be good x

i have a NSI balance kit that i do all my gel sets with it and i love it although NSI is the only system ive used for gel.i havent heard a bad word against NSI so far.
xXx

I've been using NSI balance gels for about 8 months now. I personally think it's fab...no lifting, easy to use and even withstands my heaviest handed clients:D . I've also noticed that my clients don't get heat spike with NSI gels....which is all good!

cheeky kim said:
i have a NSI balance kit that i do all my gel sets with it and i love it although NSI is the only system ive used for gel.i havent heard a bad word against NSI so far.
xXx

Quite agree,,I tried the sample pack, then went on to order some of the X treme white, a lovely bright white that is SO easy to apply and produce a crisp neat smile line.
I particularly like the builder blush,a very nice shade of pink, and very easy to work with.

I did a conversion for creatives Brisa, I do like them very much, but find the pink a little too pink, and the white,I'm having a few hiccups with, I don't think I'm applying it as thickly as I should be,hence I'm getting little shadow areas,,,,,,any more experienced geeks will no doubt put me right on this if I'm incorrect.

I don't much like the bright white tip gel with NSI, but I had a go at sculpting with them on my nail trainer, and the white sculptor gel was very nice, and my final result was a very natural looking nail.
I think the coloured gels of NSI are very popular, and so very easy to use.
Another plus point for NSI, they send you a free DVD with your trial pack,don't agree with all their methods as I was taught by creative, but certainly found it very informative and helpfull.

Christine

Hi
ive used nsi products for the last 7months i personaly love them, havent had any problems with the balance gel/builderblush gel although i find the bright white tip gel tends to shrink alittle under the lamp, im using the uv 9x4 one hand lamp which is 36 watt this has 4 bulbs in it a cures the gel realy quick,as for the acrylics they are ok i guess but i do find them a litle cloudy once set,hence mayb im working a little to wet. i have a set of nsi extentions on at the moment french man look white sculpture/builder blush gel ,been on for 4 weeks now without any lifting ,just regrowth which im doing tonight.(now that cant b bad):D

linzi xx

I agree, I have been using NSI Balance Gel for about 8 months and its fab. Also with the dvd when I went to Gmex a few weeks ago the girls at NSI said not to take to much notice of the way they show it on there, I havent had any problems with it on me or my clients.

the primer bond for nsi is it sopposed to dry chalky or matt pink, mines is always matt never chalky white.

I am really pleased this post was put up........as I am just going to book myself on the NSI Balance gel course at Coventry next month. All these encouraging and positive remarks have certainly made me feel more confident about using this system. I'm really excited now!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Martine x

Ive used NSI on and off for a few years and having read all the replies I hate to flatten the spirit but i found the white gel not white enough (as already mentioned) I also found NSI to be very inconsistant with their batches.
I never knew what I was getting from one month to the next.
Their L&P system is cloudy and I found I had lifting problems that I never had with any other system
Their customer service is pretty dyer too
On the other hand, NSI is cheap and cheerful - OK for nail art / couch rolls / acetone and student kits etc but as far as the core products are concerned I tend to stay well away.
I have also noticed that a lot of the replies are from the South of England.
More and more salons in the North are switching over to Young Nails now for their gels and L&P. Again a Northern based company who's director was the founder of NSI in the UK.
So, apologies to avid and loyal customers of NSI, but IMO, NSI are the pits.

Only one negative out of all the positive replies here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,to say they are the pits is a bit steep.

I have always found their customer service to be 100%, there is a lady there called Karen who will bend over backwards to help anyone.

Myself, and I'm sure many others will take your comments with a huge pinch of salt.
There was a thread earlier on reagarding the very type of attitude that you are displaying here.

Christine

Ive Used Nsi Before, Sometimes Switch Between That And Ez Flow And Dream At The Moment, But Ive Gotta Say I Think They Are Wonderful In The Sales Department Also ( Nsi That Is!!!!) Very Very Helpful, Ordering Is Quick And Easy And Always Someone On The End Of A Phone Who Knows What They Are Talking About!
I Use L And P And Ive Never Had Cloudiness??
Fingertips Nd Would Be Able To Give A Good Response Too But Shes Indisposed At The Moment,

I'm in the NORTH!!!!

And I love NSI gels - have used them for nearly two years now and wouldn't change to anything else.

As for being the pits - I don't think so hun!

All the girls at the shop know me by name and I can't say I visit all the time, the customer service is excellent and as for the products - I think the comments on here (with the exception of 1) sum them up 100%.

NSI get my vote any day!

I use NSI too and tried the Bright White tip Gel to sculpt with but it was not that bright, came out looking off white, near natural, as seen on my gallery pic on the nail I did on my hubby. And the white gel was also very sticky.
But apart from that its not too bad.
Sherry

Hi, thought I would just update on this one as I origionally asked the question about NSI. Well I tried the kit and absolutely love the stuff. Easy to work with, no lifting at all and looks and feels beautiful. So thanks for all the comments, and a big thanks to NSI for such a lovely product.

Hi I suggest you try the extreme white, it goes on better than the one in the pack, its a bit thicker so easier to manipulate.
Kellyc said:
Hi ya I received my trial kit for NSI Balance Gel, and so far think its fab the gels are really loveloy to work with the only thing i didnt like was the white gel as its not very bright so ive tried it with my more than white on a client Saturday and hoping the results will be good x

Latest posts

Back