NSI products-your review?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitterfingers

Reaction score
hi i have used the edge acylic and gel product but im thinking of changing to nsi what do you think as i want the best adhesion and products for my clients

NSI in my opinion are far better that the edge. They are realy nice to use, check ou the nail angel websight for more info on them. xx

It really is a "each to their own" sort of subject but I have only ever used NSI products long term and LOVE them.
Yes I have tried trail kits of other brands but always go back to NSI.
I love the way it all applies, it files and it's wear ability, the color selections and the list goes on.

I was loving Polish pro but as time is going on, I'm not loving it as much now and that is because it is just to thick of a consistency.
I have noticed that no matter how diligent I am with keeping the lids on etc, the more times I open a bottle the thicker it's getting, which is making it harder to apply nicely and I'm now starting to have some problems.
I'm hoping with all I have in me that NSI will realise this is the number one complaint about PP and change the formula to a thinner consistency SOON and relaunch a better PP.

But like I said, I love the way everything else works, especially their files, they really do last much longer than others and you get your money's worth.

I will admit, I am going to do a CND conversion soon but that's only out of curiosity to see what all the hype is about. If I love CND as much as NSI, I will maybe use both or try CND for the future, who knows.

I have no experience with the Edge system, so can't comment on it sorry.
Good luck with your choice. I do highly suggest if you do change to NSI, to do a conversion course with them so you can learn how to use the products correctly and get the best out of them, The attraction system (like all systems) has it own unique way of working and it does take a bit of getting used to but once you have, Wow!!

I really like nsi acrylic , however i found the gel really thin compared to other and i used the thickest they do (cant remember what it was called now was a while back) i just couldnt get the hang of it at all.

I use NSI l&p and I love it not to sure about polish pro though I have not advertised it as I have not done alot so not convinced by the quality thinking of investing in shelac x

Oh and by they way the l&p system I am using is the attraction x

The original builder gels were quite thin and hard to work with but they have since bought out the Body Builder Gels which are a much thicker consistency and much easier to work with and I love them, especially the way they file, it files really easily.

I use the Attraction system but I have tried all their systems and they are all pretty good, I just prefer the color range of the attraction range and it's the biggest range.

I have used NSI Attraction L&P and the Balance gels. I still use the L&P as they do a brilliant range of glitter & colour powders, I also find that NSI L&P lasts better on my own nails. I use CND L&P as well, mainly for clients that have natural or French enhancements. I do find that some clients get on better with NSI, and some better with CND. So I like having both systems.

I do not like the Balance gel so much. I now use Brisa gel from CND and would not go back.

NSI files are brilliant too, I love the endurance files!

I hope this may be of some help to you! :)

I have used NSI Attraction L&P and the Balance gels. I still use the L&P as they do a brilliant range of glitter & colour powders, I also find that NSI L&P lasts better on my own nails. I use CND L&P as well, mainly for clients that have natural or French enhancements. I do find that some clients get on better with NSI, and some better with CND. So I like having both systems.

I do not like the Balance gel so much. I now use Brisa gel from CND and would not go back.

NSI files are brilliant too, I love the endurance files!

I hope this may be of some help to you! :)

Can I ask what you didn't like about the Balance Gels?

I have used the nsi attraction range for a few years now, since it came out and loved it.
Then I went on a nail harmony course to learn the Reveal gel system, which I love and had a play with their l&p it's called Fusion and omfg I am in love.
The clarity, the price, the durability and eeeevvveeerryyyy thing.
It's a great product and I find it much easier then nsi to file and finish.
I tried it out on my daughter who has problems with lifting, no one else does, but she gets it and she didn't get any.
So to answer your question:D yes, nsi is way better then the edge but try the nail harmony system as well. xx

Can I ask what you didn't like about the Balance Gels?

I found it quite hard to work with, very runny, but the white was the opposite, very thick and difficult to work with to get a smooth finish. I find Brisa so easy to work with and really easy to file, I would never use any other gel now.

I have just started using this at the institution where I am studying.
I have to say I really like using the products, previously I have been using CND Retention+.

The Spa liquid is great for NO odour, there is a bit of a tacky layer you have to deal with but I don't find it all that difficult.

I have developed an allergic reaction to monomers, I have reacted to both the CND Retention+ and the NSI Spa Liquids.

My lecturer got me to do a skin test with the NSI Universal Liquid and I did not react!!! Thank goodness! I have yet to actually do a set of nails on myself as I am still waiting for my product to arrive, but fingers crossed.

My lecturer said it is often the blue/purple additive to the monomers which can cause an allergic reaction to some.

Hopefully you found this useful.

I do find that some clients get on better with NSI, and some better with CND. So I like having both systems.

Same here! I use CND l&p, NSI l&p and NSI Balance Gels.

I have just started using this at the institution where I am studying.
I have to say I really like using the products, previously I have been using CND Retention+.

The Spa liquid is great for NO odour, there is a bit of a tacky layer you have to deal with but I don't find it all that difficult.

I have developed an allergic reaction to monomers, I have reacted to both the CND Retention+ and the NSI Spa Liquids.

My lecturer got me to do a skin test with the NSI Universal Liquid and I did not react!!! Thank goodness! I have yet to actually do a set of nails on myself as I am still waiting for my product to arrive, but fingers crossed.

My lecturer said it is often the blue/purple additive to the monomers which can cause an allergic reaction to some.

Hopefully you found this useful.
Did the universal nsi liquid stop a reaction

It really is a "each to their own" sort of subject but I have only ever used NSI products long term and LOVE them.
Yes I have tried trail kits of other brands but always go back to NSI.
I love the way it all applies, it files and it's wear ability, the color selections and the list goes on.

I was loving Polish pro but as time is going on, I'm not loving it as much now and that is because it is just to thick of a consistency.
I have noticed that no matter how diligent I am with keeping the lids on etc, the more times I open a bottle the thicker it's getting, which is making it harder to apply nicely and I'm now starting to have some problems.
I'm hoping with all I have in me that NSI will realise this is the number one complaint about PP and change the formula to a thinner consistency SOON and relaunch a better PP.

But like I said, I love the way everything else works, especially their files, they really do last much longer than others and you get your money's worth.

I will admit, I am going to do a CND conversion soon but that's only out of curiosity to see what all the hype is about. If I love CND as much as NSI, I will maybe use both or try CND for the future, who knows.

I have no experience with the Edge system, so can't comment on it sorry.
Good luck with your choice. I do highly suggest if you do change to NSI, to do a conversion course with them so you can learn how to use the products correctly and get the best out of them, The attraction system (like all systems) has it own unique way of working and it does take a bit of getting used to but once you have, Wow!!

Wooshka, I was recently at my suppliers and noticed they had a thinner for their PP, wonder if the thickness issues you are having is a reason why they have this product, it might be a common issue. I did wonder why they had such a product.

I am with you though, I love NSI acrylic products. Their Universal Liquid is the one monomer I can use without having an allergic reaction so they have won me over, and their products ARE lovely to work with.

You definitely can't beat their Endurance Files or the Glaze 'n Go in my eyes, they are the best on the market I think

Did the universal nsi liquid stop a reaction

It most certainly did, I am one happy Nail Tech now!

(Sorry I havent gotten back to you sooner, I only just saw your comment by chance).

Latest posts

Back