NSI users. I´ve had a disaster with coloured gel help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailzandbeauty

Reaction score
:oHi, i bought some NSI coloured gel last week and had a client today that wanted it on.Anyway i used the balance primer and put a layer of gel on.Cured for 2 mins and it all shrunk quite alot with some of the gel patchy.
I then said i would do another coat which i did and it did the same,then when i wiped the tacky residue of most of the colour came off.How emabarresd do i feel,im glad it was a freind that could laugh but i was dying inside.She had a hair app so i said i would put a coat of creative polish to cover then can she come back later to buff it all down so i can paint it on as she goes on holiday monday.Iv never used coloured gel before and never had problems with any other clear gel.
What have i done wrong can anyone shed any light on this please??:grr:

thanks for reading x

Hi there - i'm a bit new so dont judge me but i use NSI and have done all way thru college and now i'm qualified! I think u r supposed to usa coat of clear balance or builder gel 1st then the coloured gel and wipe off tacky layer, then seal it with glaze n go? I haven't had any probs - what lamp r u using? Do u need a new bulb?

HTH?
Andrea
:lol:

I wounder if that is where iv gone wrong then as i only used the primer then the gel!

My lamp is fine had no trouble with other gels with it.First time with coloured gel NSI thanks

hi hun did you put a layer of clear on before i do this then cure then leave

the tacky residue do a thin coat of colour make sure you cap cure for 2

mins the second coat cure then wipe should be fine :hug: hth

So i do:
Primer let dry
1 layer clear cure for ?
1 thin layer colour cure 2 mins
1 layer colour cure 2 mins
Wipe tacky off

would the clear gel be cured for 90 secs before the colour?

Yes cure thin layer of clear for 90secs, thin layer colour for 2mins, 2nd layer colour for 2mins and then wipe off.
Use clear on top as well if u need to file edges etc to cap it off!

Andrea
:hug::):smack:

i found the best way to use it was to do the nails as a normal gel set then use the coloured gel as i would enamel

Aww thanks guys as i did feel a right divvy but my friend was laughing {good job} really.

let us know how you get on :hug:

I always put clear on top of the colour gels and dont wipe the tacky off the colour.

Hi there
i had that same problem the first time i used the nsi coloured gel. Contact NSI and ask them if the gel's you have are the new formulation ones, they've just released 19 new formulation colours which are excellent!! If they're the new one's you've got then procedure as follows:
1-follow prep steps
2-apply balance bond primer
allow to dry for 1min
3-apply 1 THIN layer of builder clear, allow to cure for 90seconds
4-apply a layer of colour, cure for 2mins
5-apply a 2nd layer of colour, cure for 2mins
6-wipe dispersion layer with nsi cleanse ( a BIT of colour might show on your wipe, nothing to worry about though)
7-file, shape, etc
8-apply finish clear, cure for 90seconds
9-wipe dispersion layer with cleanse
10-apply nurture oil
11- Happy Client
Hope that helps!

Hi there
i had that same problem the first time i used the nsi coloured gel. Contact NSI and ask them if the gel's you have are the new formulation ones, they've just released 19 new formulation colours which are excellent!! If they're the new one's you've got then procedure as follows:
1-follow prep steps
2-apply balance bond primer
allow to dry for 1min
3-apply 1 THIN layer of builder clear, allow to cure for 90seconds
4-apply a layer of colour, cure for 2mins
5-apply a 2nd layer of colour, cure for 2mins
6-wipe dispersion layer with nsi cleanse ( a BIT of colour might show on your wipe, nothing to worry about though)
7-file, shape, etc
8-apply finish clear, cure for 90seconds
9-wipe dispersion layer with cleanse
10-apply nurture oil
11- Happy Client
Hope that helps!

Thank you for your post it really helped me too :hug: x

Latest posts

Back