Nsi White Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMOUSE

Reaction score
Hi there

I have just done a NNO with NSI gel. The problem i am having is the French brush on is to runny, first i put 1 layer on then cure for 30 secs then i add another layer of french on cure then apply the builders gel. I can't seem to get a sharp french, i do go at the back of the french in zone 2 to clean up the smile lines but they smile like they are melting if you know what i mean. I have tried the sculpture gel and find it to thick, is there another gel in this range anyone can recommend to me please.

Hi there

I have just done a NNO with NSI gel. The problem i am having is the French brush on is to runny, first i put 1 layer on then cure for 30 secs then i add another layer of french on cure then apply the builders gel. I can't seem to get a sharp french, i do go at the back of the french in zone 2 to clean up the smile lines but they smile like they are melting if you know what i mean. I have tried the sculpture gel and find it to thick, is there another gel in this range anyone can recommend to me please.
I'm not familiar with the NSI gels but have heard that the French Brush On Gel is very runny. Are you curing it for the full recommended time? The reason I ask is because you mention that when you clean up the smile line it is as if it is melting. If not properly cured, this may happen.

sorry i worded it wrong. What i do is apply the french clean up smile then cure, then reapply the french and cure for 3 mins

What are you using to clean up the smile? Could it be this which is creating a problem? Just making suggestions :hug:.

Getting a scrisp smile line with gel is much more difficult than with l&p. What I do now is lock cure each nail as I've applied it and it stops the gel from spreading, or that "melting" look. So I start with the pinky, apply the white then lock cure in the lamp for about 10 secoonds, apply to ring finger and lock cure ... and so on. I find that once I get to the thumb I lock cure the whole hand for 20 seconds and then apply the builder gel. But I wouldn't recommend this if you don't know the performance of your gels well enough (I use Creative's Brisa) and would continue to do a full cure once you have fully applied all 5 fingers.

What are you using to clean up the smile. Could it be this which is creating a prob. Just making suggestions :hug:.

i am using another brush which is clean and dry. I have find in the past if i dip my brush into cleanser the white will spread and give a "melting look" to it.

sorry if this is a silly question bit do you apply a thin layer of gel first before applying the brush on white? i ask this cause i found that after curing the first layer of gel its better if you wipe of the dispersion layer then buff lightly with a sanding block before applying the brush on white as it sounds like i was having the same problems as you.hths

sorry if this is a silly question bit do you apply a thin layer of gel first before applying the brush on white? i ask this cause i found that after curing the first layer of gel its better if you wipe of the dispersion layer then buff lightly with a sanding block before applying the brush on white as it sounds like i was having the same problems as you.hths

i haven't tried this, but wouldn't the white run off as it needs a bond to keep it in place.

Helllooooooo am I invisble? :lol: If you lock cure this WILL sort your problems. You need to work fast with ANY paint on white, so apply and lock cure. Yup that's lock cure!!!!

Ill try that the sassy thanks xx

Ill try that the sassy thanks xx

Yaaaaaaaaay someone can see me :lol: !!!!

I used to apply to all five and then cure. By the time I finished the application the gel had moved and left a very raggedy smile line and I'd spend ages with a brush trying to tidy each smile line ... it was something like plate spinning - you never quite got them all there! So by doing it this way I actually find it a lot quicker, and really the nails are under the lamp as long as it takes me to get the gel ready for the next nail - I apply my POW with a dotting tool.

i have never tried appling POW with a dotting tool i will try that one thanks. I usually applly to 2 nails then cure but i will do 1 nail at a time and cure. Many thanks.

With the NSI gels you can apply your bonder layer and then cure and wipe of tacky layer and without buffing, apply your white in two thin layers and cure or 2 mins between each layer.

Doing it this way you can get 4 fingers done and back wiped and freeze cured then the thumb seperate and cure whole hand for 2 mins whilst doing the other four fingers and thumb.

If you call NSI they have a new dvd out that shows this.

Rachel xx

Iv got the DVD today its fab x

i haven't tried this, but wouldn't the white run off as it needs a bond to keep it in place.
no the white doesnt run off i do lock cure though and i also use a dotting tool to apply the brush on white gel,sorry i should of explained myself better earlier.i found it much easier to appy in this way and i get crisp smile lines instead of it bleeding slightly which i found it did if i didnt wipe the dispersion layer.hope ive helped abit more now.

no the white doesnt run off i do lock cure though and i also use a dotting tool to apply the brush on white gel,sorry i should of explained myself better earlier.i found it much easier to appy in this way and i get crisp smile lines instead of it bleeding slightly which i found it did if i didnt wipe the dispersion layer.hope ive helped abit more now.

i wipe the dispersion layer before the white gel too, it makes a big difference to the smile line.

Hi

I have just done an NNO on my nails with NSI and when I used the brush on white I used my dotting tool to help draw the smile line as when I tried it before I had the same problem as you. It does look so much better and it seems (maybe its just me) its easier to do too. hth

Angela

i wipe the dispersion layer before the white gel too, it makes a big difference to the smile line.

It depends when you apply the white - some do it over the builder layer and some do it under it. I prefer the latter ...

apply bonder layer, cure and don't wipe
apply POW, cure and don't wipe
apply builder layer, cure and wipe
buff to even out shape
apply finishing gloss and cure

If I was to wipe the inhibition layer before applying the white then I would be removing my bonding layer and be in a right mess when I applied my builder layer - it would lift off within a day! Also everyone is different and it really is a case of experimenting and fins what works for you ... I prefer to work over the inhibition layer and find I get a much better finish and I know some prefer to work over a drier layer. Play around and find what works best for you.

I was very unsure of wiping the stciky layer off too Sassy, even though I had seen them do this at NSI I called them up and asked them how the builder gel bonded to the shiney gel on zones 2+3 and they reassured me that it did work.

I plucked up the courage and tried it and was gobsmacked that it worked.

I guess it all depends on your chosen system if this works but it deff works for NSI.

Rachel

It depends when you apply the white - some do it over the builder layer and some do it under it. I prefer the latter ...

apply bonder layer, cure and don't wipe
apply POW, cure and don't wipe
apply builder layer, cure and wipe
buff to even out shape
apply finishing gloss and cure

If I was to wipe the inhibition layer before applying the white then I would be removing my bonding layer and be in a right mess when I applied my builder layer - it would lift off within a day! Also everyone is different and it really is a case of experimenting and fins what works for you ... I prefer to work over the inhibition layer and find I get a much better finish and I know some prefer to work over a drier layer. Play around and find what works best for you.

i think it varies from one gel to another too, i always do my white under my build layer and with lechat gels its no problem if you remove theinhibition layer.

Latest posts

Back