NSS comparison help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailspink_0

Reaction score
Ok, so i've been doing nails for a while now (20 years). Does anybody else get worried about being compared against the nss for longevity of acrylic nails. My nails last, but I also have another part time job somewhere and all the girls get their nails done by nss. They bang them and use them kind of like tools. now the nails I do would snap. The nss nails are soooo strong.
What is everybody elses thoughts, I just panic when somebody breaks a nail and says the nss ones don't break.

Here's the difference: I knew a woman who had NSS nails. Her nails didn't 'break' but one time it was damaged and took her natural nail with it. There was blood and she was in pain for quite a while.

When you use the proper products, the nail may break but it won't take the natural nail with it.

Given the differences, I'd go with the products that professionals use. HTH! :)

I know the damage they can cause, and i explain that to people. But they don't seem to care, as it hasn't happened to them yet....

I know the damage they can cause, and i explain that to people. But they don't seem to care, as it hasn't happened to them yet....
But when it does they will become your best friend!!! Lol

What does NSS mean?

What does NSS mean?

Non Standard Salon
Which in Australia means those that are not licenced to Australian Standards (if licensed at all).

The hygiene and other aspects too. For example, in some NSS, granted not all, equipment such as files and tools are not changed and at least disinfected between clients. Non standard acrylics, such as those seen more commonly
in dentistry can be used and glues with chemicals that may cause more allergic reaction. The acrylics being non standard as the other pro’s have pointed out, don’t break when they should, which can lead to some pretty horrible injuries and I would t like to take a guess at the bacterial and fungal infection rate. All we can do is educate our clients and in turn hope they make the right choices even if it costs more. It should also be standard practice to show your insurance certificate listing treatments verified with your name on it.

Latest posts

Back