nss soak off !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisaowens

Reaction score
got a soak of tommorow with and she has had them done in a nss very thick nightmare any tips ? :)

got a soak of tommorow with and she has had them done in a nss very thick nightmare any tips ? :)

Hiya,

How do you normally soak off? I would use bowls with slightly warmed acetone, have a good strengthener to hand and lots of cuticle oil for afterwards.

Trim down as much length as possible, depending on how much of the natural nail the client wants to keep, maybe try buffing the surface slightly to see how much you can thin them, but often I just get them into soak straight away.

Leave them for a good 20 mins first off, lift each finger out one by one and have a see at how much will come off, back in and onto the next finger, basically repeat untill its all off. What a nightmare, I HATE nss soak offs!!

I find a wooden manicure stick works best for me, it often goes like glue, whatever you do, dont wipe it on your towels!!! You'll find it wont come out and you'll be left with nice hard lumps on your towels:irked:

nightmare i know what do u mean by strengthner ?

nightmare i know what do u mean by strengthner ?

To apply to the natural nails after removal, I am assuming it is just a soak off you have, or are you applying a new set?

ah i c a bit slow ! lol
client wants a new set but ive told her we will have to see first what her natual nail is like first

ah i c a bit slow ! lol
client wants a new set but ive told her we will have to see first what her natual nail is like first

Great advice, I have advised many clients to have regular manicures for a while after NSS removal, simply because the nail underneath is just too damaged to be a good foundation for a new set.

I even do a 'Nail SOS Programme' especially for damaged nails to nurse them back to health!

tell her to bring a magazine:green:

It takes AGES to get off and more often then not reveals BATTERED nails.

Couldnt you just go over it (providing it is all still in tact?)

tell her to bring a magazine:green:

It takes AGES to get off and more often then not reveals BATTERED nails.

Couldnt you just go over it (providing it is all still in tact?)

Good point amb!

Is there any lifting on the nails your client has on? Are they majorly discoloured? do you know how long they have been on for already?

she said she wants them off she hates them !lol

If there is no lifting etc, rather than expose all the damage that could be lurking, it could be better to try and thin them out as much as possible and take some length off, infill if needed and generally patch them up and make them look prettier :) a case of waiting for the other stuff to grow out.

If she has been going there for a long time there will without doubt be lots of damage to her natural nails. in which case the above would probably be best. but if its a first time I would remove and advise regular manicures as the damage is likely to be less severe.

Latest posts

Back