Nubar being discontinued?/Looking for high fashion colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bimbogeri

Reaction score
Hey all,
Does anyone know where stocks Nubar polishes in the UK (either mail order or wholesalers in the south east) as I know K-Sa-Ra are discontinuing them?
I've got a batch of Attitude polishes for now, will consider upgrading once I've made some money back, but with both Attitude and other brands I've looked at, I've had issues finding real high fashion, or more than that, what I'd call 'teenage' colours, in particular cream pastels (baby pink, baby blue, pale lavendar, pale yellow, mint green etc).
I have what I'd call quite a good range of classics (inc french colours, a damson, a scarlet red, some pretty pinks and lilacs, nudes, some sheers, a chocolate brown), plus one or two brighter colours (some dark purples, a more shocking purple, bright pink and a bluey-green), but so far Nubar's colour chart has been the only one where I've seen some of the shades that I'm used to wearing myself or seeing teenage girls/young women wearing on a night out or the more pastel, cream, and neon summery colours. (Yes, not so relevant now it's winter but I can hope!)
Having done some market research in my area I know there is a large younger female market that I can't see going for a lot of the 'classics' (no offence to anyone, but some of these colours I see as strictly 35+ and/or office wear). There are probably only 50% off the colours I have in stock that I would wear myself, and they are mainly the pinks and lilacs.

I'm tempted to stock up on Nubar colours too (I bought the Attitude polishes cos they were B1G1F, and whilst I know it's silly to buy many more polishes than I need, I don't mind at that price, especially as I know I can always give them as Xmas gifts if I decide not to use them for work) as they seem to cover the spectrum of what I want, but there's no point if I can't find an alternative supplier.
If anyone can remember the old 'Spectacular' range, that is my idea of the ideal colour spectrum - a good set of old classics but plenty of pre-teen to 25ish fun fashion colours.

Anyone able to help?
Lol x

Capital sell them, saw them there the other day. They sell them in packs not sure if they sell them seperately though.

I know Nailorder used to do the Nubar range but not sure if they still do.

we do the free hand nail art paints also - AT HEAD OFFICE - don't think OSNS do!

Thanks for your replies everyone.
I've contacted Nubar in the States to ask for details of a UK distributor, though I don't hold out much hope for a response as I've contacted them before and had nothing back.
I'll email Capital and ask them as there's one about half an hour away from me.
It's hard to pass up the current great price at K-Sa-Ra, but I don't really want to go down the road of going for a range that one day I'll run out of, or that I can't retail to clients if they want a bottle. :s

Lol x

Latest posts

Back