Nubar polish (in particular Moodies)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bimbogeri

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I had this polish on a manicure I had done on TopShop Oxford Circus about 4 years ago and loved it, the only problem being that when I went and dried my hands under a hand drier later on, they heated the whole nail up and I never quite got the two-tone effect back. I'm hoping this was just because my nails were quite short so there wasn't enough of an overhanging part (dense newbie question - what's the technical name for that?) to retain the second colour - anyone know if they maintain the difference better on longer nails?
Anyway, I noticed that K-Sa-Ra stocks them, but they're going to be discontinued - does anyone know if Sally's stock them, or any other suppliers? Also, what price I should be expecting to pay? I know Toma do a mood changing one (they're not Nubar under a different name are they? The colours look exactly the same...) but the site I saw them on have them as £6.99 for a normal bottle or £7.99 for a lightbulb shaped one, inc VAT.
As a newbie only used to using brands like Rimmel and stuff, what should I be expecting to pay for good nail varnish?

PS - for anyone following my newbie threads so far, I think I've decided to train with EZ Flow (if Jess in Crawley will have me!), and buy some nail art bits and pieces to practice with in the meantime.
Lol x
(PPS - no, I don't keep signing off with 'laugh out loud', it's my name:lol: , honest!)

Hi Lol, sorry I can't help you with your question but just tried the word Nubar on the search section on this site and loads came up. If you put polishes up you will also get loads ov advice on peolpe favourite colours and brands. Professionally I like Creative and OPI, but I do still like Rimmel for myself as they have some great colours which I only dare put on my toes, to wild for the fingers:) (Im sooo boring!)

Hiya,
Nailorder do the Moodies range.
Tel: 0800 9522335 to order, enquiries 0115 8452300
I think they are about 3.50 ea but dont quote me on that.
Personally I prefer Moodies to the Toma brand. I only ever bought 2 Toma's and neither held their colour-changing abilities where for me Moodies always have.
Hth.

Hey! Hopefully I can help you with this question. I am a nubar educator. Nubar and Toma are 2 differant companys. The moodies will change color, but if your freedge is very little you wont see dramatic change, the change is all by body temp and air temp, the longer the better. As for price you can go to the web site (bynubar.com) and log in as a prof and the price is differant, its better for you as the professional. I hope this has helped
DietCokeQueen

Hiya LOL,

I have 4 Toma Mood changing polishes for sale I doubeled up on some colours a while ago...I have pink to silver, pink to fushia pink (my fav, in fact I am wearing it today, and two others which I cant rememeber....they change all day long and I love them...PM me if you want any...

But I cant tell you the chemistry behind the colour changing

Glorsclaws said:
Hiya,
Nailorder do the Moodies range.
Tel: 0800 9522335 to order, enquiries 0115 8452300
I think they are about 3.50 ea but dont quote me on that.
Personally I prefer Moodies to the Toma brand. I only ever bought 2 Toma's and neither held their colour-changing abilities where for me Moodies always have.
Hth.
How strange we all such differing opinions i love the Toma's colour changing polishes as I find their colour changing ability amazing and react to the slightest change in temp...

hi louise i been looking for toma polish ive pm d you thanxs hun xx

I was after a load of these in Jan. NailOrder told me that they had a few left and were selling them at 99p each.

Then I contacted Ka-Sa-Ra and they were doing the same... But then lo-and-behold I was at Excel a few weeks later and Ka-Sa-Ra had loads for sale at 50p each. I bought 20 diff colours and was told at the time by the lady that once4 they had sold them they were all gone.

But you say they are selling them again... If so, that would be great.

Oh and yes they do work on longer nails. And no I have not seen them in Sally's or anywhere like that.

HTH,
Miss B. x

bimbogeri said:
PS - for anyone following my newbie threads so far, I think I've decided to train with EZ Flow (if Jess in Crawley will have me

I'm sure Jess would love to have you!
Ezflow rock! you will love it, great choice!
When are you thinking of taking the big step?

Latest posts

Back