Nubar Precious Metals pen set

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bimbogeri

Reaction score
I just got these from The Nail Company today, and I'm really disappointed :(
I haven't opened them to test yet, but in the bottles, the colours look all virtually the same, and nothing like the colour chart.
For a start, two colour which should be the opposite ends of the spectrum - Sexy Silver (looks a pale whitish silver on the colour chart) and Black Chrome (metallic black) look virtually the same! Black chrome is actually a dark bronze and sexy silver is more like a cross between silver and bronze.
Has anyone else ordered the set (from anywhere) and actually got colours that look like the chart?
Or Chocolate, I know K-Sa-Ra stock them - does your stock actually look like the colour chart?
Will post a pic later if I can comparing the chart to what I've been sent, but so far I am MAJORLY disappointed. Who needs 8 different shades of red and bronze?!
Lol x:cry:

ive got quiet a few of the nubar pens and i love them the gold frost is lovely so rich and very like real gold. ive had some pens from spangles and they are awful i dont like the colour they are on nails they dont look like they do in the bottles.

Now I know that you can never fully faithfully replicate colours on print or screen, but you'd expect the match between the colour chart to be a bit closer than this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/bimbogeri/NUBARPENS.jpg
Sorry, I did try to post the pic in my reply, but even though I resized it at Photobucket, it keeps coming up huge here!
What does anyone think I should do?
I can't return them unsealed, but I can't 100% prove the colours aren't a good enough match without opening them. But I should expect them to be closer to the colour chart than this, shouldn't I?
Lol x

This is a toughie. I know that nail polishes look different when painted on nails than they do in the pot.
However, I would probably at least expect the black to look as black as the colour chart. It looks kind of grey.
If you are worried about opening them to try then it is probably best if you just send them back. Hold on though. Someone who has these colours may be able to help over the next couple of days.

bimbogeri said:
Now I know that you can never fully faithfully replicate colours on print or screen, but you'd expect the match between the colour chart to be a bit closer than this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v257/bimbogeri/NUBARPENS.jpg
Sorry, I did try to post the pic in my reply, but even though I resized it at Photobucket, it keeps coming up huge here!
What does anyone think I should do?
I can't return them unsealed, but I can't 100% prove the colours aren't a good enough match without opening them. But I should expect them to be closer to the colour chart than this, shouldn't I?
Lol x
Hiya ..........why don't you try phoning the company you originally bought them from......they will probably be able to give you more immediate advice.

Adele

I will phone or email The Nail Company, I just wondered if anyone else had already bought the pens and it turns out they dry on the nails closer to the colour chart than they look in the bottle.
I'd hate to send them back if they will actually come out how I thought they would, and I'm loathe to pay that horrible 15% charge (plus some other VAT charge they apparently shove on at The Nail Company) and the postage to send them back.

:s
Lol x

did you get sorted out with your pens?

Have to agree, the colour chart is not that great, Nubar are a bit slow in updateing it, fingers crossed it will be here soon.

I know you didnt get them from me, but if you want to put them in a little envelope, dont worry about the box, and send them to me, with some idea of the colours you do want, i will change them for you, with no charge!

Thanks, Chocolate, that's so nice!
They wouldn't accept the pens as a return without the 15% fee, so I decided to keep them. I've opened two of the pens now, and they do come out closer to the chart than they look in the bottle, but certainly I don't think all of them will.

What colours would you recommend, if the chart isn't too good to go by?
I've opened the black chrome and the titanium purple, and I have a set of pastel stripers plus plain black and white which I intend to decant into some empty Millenium bottles when I buy them....
At the moment it's personal preference as I don't have a client base to ask, but I wanted pretty, mainly metallic colours I think (esp as I have pastels) - basically what the Nubar colour chart promised!

Is it 'normal' nail enamel in the Nubar pens? Could I try mixing the colours a bit to get more what I was looking for?

Thanks!

so sorry for the delay, have PM'd you.

Latest posts

Back