Nuisance calls!! 6 this morning in launching my business!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovebeauty14

Reaction score
Omg, I've just had 6, repeat 6, calls this morning since getting my business on Yell all from people telling me either my electricity is wrong, my phone account is wrong, and then while I was on the phone to Vidaphone I had a answer phone message from the dreaded 'Police Magazine' people telling me to ring them back to get an advert in their magazine! Do they think I'm stupid? I KNOW it's a con! Lol.

Bloody hell, if a client does ring up they'll be lucky to get a word in edge ways at this rate.

Is there anyway you can get rid of these people other than telling them to get lost and reporting them to the network provider?
Thanks.

That should be Vodaphone. Stupid predictive txt.

lol, I have had EXACTLY the same!
I registered with Yell, and since then no end of nuisance calls. I removed all details form Yell it got so annoying. I was getting 4-5 calls a day, all times of day and night, and when I picked up phone, it was hung up instantly:mad:
Yesterday I answered and stayed quiet. Man on other end calling out "hello" lol. Anyway, it was the Police magazine scam. He gave it away when he said "we provide groups and centres for teenagers to hang out and stay off the streets. We dont care what they do once they're inside the club, we just dont want them on the streets". I know quite a few police officers and they would NEVER EVER say anything like that! lol
I told him "nope, its a scam" he didnt deny it, and said "yes there are companies out there scamming, but we are the police. Good luck to you" and hung up quick!

I have reported the calls to o2 and they are investigating. But I dont think i'll be getting any more from them.

Im a new business too! Its all down to Yell, and I dont care how much "business" they claim to send my way, the damn nuisance calls are not worth it. I'll never ever go near Yell or recommend them to anyone.

Alos, just remembered, sign up to TPS (telephone prefetnce service). Then they are breaking the law calling you. I've also done this. Takes 28 days to get active, I have about 14 more to wait.. I did it on my home phone and personal mobile and it does work! :)
xx

Last edited:
Nuisance calls - just what you need, on day 1 !!

TPS

Hope it all goes well:biggrin:

Right TPS will be getting a call from me!

It's so annoying, especially as I'm getting nervous everytime my business mobile goes in case it's a customer.

I got mad at the electricity lady as another electricity lady rang literally a minute before, this one saying she was 'In charge' of my meter! I never knew my meter had it's own personal owner! Lol.

And the 'police' thing made me laugh when I heard it, I'd already heard so much about it.

They don't waste time do they calling you? They started at 0830 this morning!

Nuisance calls - just what you need, on day 1 !!

TPS

Hope it all goes well:biggrin:
Thanks for that link, i've been driven made with marketing calls and didn't realise i could stop them. I've just registered via the link so hopefully in 28 days all the nuisance calls will stop :) x

I'm not sure the Telephone Preference Service will help here - you are advertising a business phone number for business use. B2B cold calling comes with the territory. I get some leads from my Yell advert, and yeah every so often an update goes out and I get a whole bunch of sales calls. I quickly tell them I'm not interested and move on.

Unfortunately when in business you need to develop a tough skin and expect the hassle. Seriously, this is nothing compared to the hassles I used to get when I was an IT manager!

Mat

Just registered. Many thanks for your helpful thread.

Right just registered!

I was having these problems too, since starting up in December.

I started getting really ratty on the phone to the, and suddenly they have all died down and I'm not getting a single nuisance call.

I hope for their sakes they don't start calling me again!

Get a whistle. Then when the scammers call (making sure they ARE the scammers) blow it in thier ear! That should put them off!! Or a more passive approach don't hang up, just say you have to put them on hold and do other tasks. Making sure you have call wait or voice mail for real clients!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Just checked the website - there is the TPS and the Corporate TPS ... since it is a business phone number you will need to register on both lists.

Mat

I'm not sure the Telephone Preference Service will help here - you are advertising a business phone number for business use. B2B cold calling comes with the territory. I get some leads from my Yell advert, and yeah every so often an update goes out and I get a whole bunch of sales calls. I quickly tell them I'm not interested and move on.

Unfortunately when in business you need to develop a tough skin and expect the hassle. Seriously, this is nothing compared to the hassles I used to get when I was an IT manager!

Mat

You can register as a business number though. I've done it and not had any calls since -stares at phone waiting for it to ring- lol x

Is the police magazine a con? They called me yesterday, I only said no cos I dont have any spare money for advertising!! Oh dear.....

We had the same problem. I found our majority were from Thomson local. We had a magazine ringing up for a childrens chaity wanted us to take out an advert. Havent heard anything since? Is this a scam? Whats the police scam?

thanks

PS wheres your new business?

Right TPS will be getting a call from me!

It's so annoying, especially as I'm getting nervous everytime my business mobile goes in case it's a customer.

I got mad at the electricity lady as another electricity lady rang literally a minute before, this one saying she was 'In charge' of my meter! I never knew my meter had it's own personal owner! Lol.

And the 'police' thing made me laugh when I heard it, I'd already heard so much about it.

They don't waste time do they calling you? They started at 0830 this morning!

Omg got them ringing constantly about bleeding electricity! Did anyone else get this too? I think if they ring again I'll put them on hold, otherwise CBeeBees! Lol. I hope they like Mr Tumble! Lol.

Right there is a lady from 'Energy Connections' currently on the phone to CBeeBees 'Show Me, Show Me!' Pmsl! Hehehehe!

I'm going to have fun with this....hehehe.

This is the 10th time they've rang so it serves them right.

Right there is a lady from 'Energy Connections' currently on the phone to CBeeBees 'Show Me, Show Me!' Pmsl! Hehehehe!

I'm going to have fun with this....hehehe.

This is the 10th time they've rang so it serves them right.

Ha ha!! Lmao good one. I'm taking my daughter to cbeebies show tomorrow in birmingham - NOT looking forward to seeing all those annoying kids tv presenters!! Hope Energy Connections like it just as much!!

I was the same! registered with TPS and do not get them anymore!

I swear they think we are idiots! Thing is im too nice and listen to them! I was on the phone for 45mins once just because I could'nt say no!

I was the same! registered with TPS and do not get them anymore!

I swear they think we are idiots! Thing is im too nice and listen to them! I was on the phone for 45mins once just because I could'nt say no!
I must be a right bitch then! Lol.

I just had the I Somerset lady ring me about my listing I'd requested, I nearly put her on 'hold'! Lol. She wouldn't have been very happy if Mister Maker was playing loudly to her! Lol.

Latest posts

Back