numb toe...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melissaq

Reaction score
Vancouver Island, British Columbia,Canada
One of my toes on my right foot ( next to pinky toe) is going numb on the inside....(between my toes).....and sometimes the whole toe....do you think I should be worried about it since it's only numb 60% of the time ? none of my other toes are like this......

COuld be a pinched nerve.... try not being able to sleep because both ur legs go numb from the hip down and ur ankles scream out in pain :( not nice.. I have pinched nerves all over the show!

One of my toes on my right foot ( next to pinky toe) is going numb......

Hi Melissa. Does it go numb when you're doing certain things? My same toe goes numb whenever I do repetitive things especially exercise - step machine, bike, crosstrainer - anything where I'm moving but my foot is relatively stationary. I find it quite annoying.

I went to a podiatrist and he said it has to do with the structure of my foot. I got an orthotic but it never helped with the numbness, however greatly helped with pain in my arches. Prior to that I went to my family doctor and he said the same thing. Neither seemed concered by it....

Does your kind of hurt? It sounds odd, something numb hurting, but for me it does. Sometimes I have to stop the exercise machine I'm on because it's bothersome. No problem when walking because it's constantly moving.

hth! alex:hug:

It may be a case of poor circulation. I always get it on one toe of each foot and usually 2 fingers on each hand. I've always been told to cover up with socks and slippers or gloves etc when the weather turns cold. My doctor pretty much laughed at me when I went in concerned with it. Very strange but when I'm on my way to a local supermarket, my two fingers always go numb in the car on the way there - don't know why!! You'll spot me in the shop queue massaging from my fingers up my arm (as in like a manicure massage) - that usually always helps.

x

my nagger toe gets cramp (i say cramp, but it feels like it dislocates itself) in the cold ... its so painful, my toe goes dead straight & I cant bend it or walk til the pain eases. I get my OH to massage & then it seems to ease off, but it only really happens in the winter!!

My OH says it because I have freakishly long toes :irked:

I always get this on the same toe on each foot the one next to my pinky but only when i have been dancing all night in my killer heals :lol: could this be a pinched nerve, sometimes it lasts for weeks :irked:

Hi Melissa. Does it go numb when you're doing certain things? My same toe goes numb whenever I do repetitive things especially exercise - step machine, bike, crosstrainer - anything where I'm moving but my foot is relatively stationary. I find it quite annoying.

I went to a podiatrist and he said it has to do with the structure of my foot. I got an orthotic but it never helped with the numbness, however greatly helped with pain in my arches. Prior to that I went to my family doctor and he said the same thing. Neither seemed concered by it....

Does your kind of hurt? It sounds odd, something numb hurting, but for me it does. Sometimes I have to stop the exercise machine I'm on because it's bothersome. No problem when walking because it's constantly moving.

hth! alex:hug:

No it doesn't hurt at all just feels weird.....(like I have a toe separator stuck there) .......and it's basically numb almost all the time .....does not matter what shoes I'm wearing.......and I have no problem with my arches......sometimes it does happen to my other foot ....but rarely......

Maybe circulation then....I do always seem to have cold fingers and toes.....but I am thin...so I've always just racked being cold up to the fact I don't have much body fat....

Thanks for the help girls....maybe I'll just have to go through the many pages of google to find something.....:hug:

Personally, I think you should go and see your doctor just to get it checked out. Yes it may be poor circulation, but then again it may not. It's just odd that if it is poor circulation it's only affecting one toe. And poor circulation doesn't usually affect toes or fingers all the time.
It just sounds a bit odd to me and worth looking into.

Personally, I think you should go and see your doctor just to get it checked out. Yes it may be poor circulation, but then again it may not. It's just odd that if it is poor circulation it's only affecting one toe. And poor circulation doesn't usually affect toes or fingers all the time.
It just sounds a bit odd to me and worth looking into.

Shes quite right.. especially when it involves numbness in hands, arms and face.... I've got permanent (well has been for 2 years now) numbness in my left hand.. intermittent numbness in the left side of my face... I've had Brain scans, Bone Scans, vascular scans, Tests till I am blue in the face... they STILL don't know whats wrong.. and are now talking autoimmune disease :|

Shes quite right.. especially when it involves numbness in hands, arms and face.... I've got permanent (well has been for 2 years now) numbness in my left hand.. intermittent numbness in the left side of my face... I've had Brain scans, Bone Scans, vascular scans, Tests till I am blue in the face... they STILL don't know whats wrong.. and are now talking autoimmune disease :|

Geesh ! maybe I will have to call the docs......wish me luck I don't have to wait 9 month like I did for the vascular surgeon I seen earlier this year! Thanks for all the input geeks I really appreciate it !:hug:

Latest posts

Back