Number of gel colours needed for treatment room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicklg

Reaction score
Hi,
I’m setting up a nail treatment room and wondered what is an ‘accepted’ amount of colours to carry. I am currently using Halo which I like and know they are reasonably priced. However, with many initial start up costs to consider I don’t know if it is necessary to stock the full range?
I currently only have 30 (have been mobile) so obviously need a lot more!
I’d be really grateful if anyone could suggest an amount, varied split of colours needed etc. I’ve been looking at different brands also but they all seem considerably more expensive. However, if using a different brand is something you would advise I’d love to hear your opinions!
Hope you can help- thanks

I use mainly flirties. The have a massive sale on at the moment with the colours going for £1. I also brought in a second brand which everyone is raving about, IKON IQ

Thanks! I’ll have a look at flirties, haven’t heard of them. Was looking at IKON last night, need to create an account so I can see their price structure. Like the sound of only needing one coat!
Could you give me any steer on quantity/range of colours you have? I need to choose a variety to appeal to lots of clients- how much do you carry?

Thanks again, help much appreciated

Hi,
I’m setting up a nail treatment room and wondered what is an ‘accepted’ amount of colours to carry. I am currently using Halo which I like and know they are reasonably priced. However, with many initial start up costs to consider I don’t know if it is necessary to stock the full range?
I currently only have 30 (have been mobile) so obviously need a lot more!
I’d be really grateful if anyone could suggest an amount, varied split of colours needed etc. I’ve been looking at different brands also but they all seem considerably more expensive. However, if using a different brand is something you would advise I’d love to hear your opinions!
Hope you can help- thanks

I have 32 gel colours, 4 of them glitter topcoats, then 14 regular nail polishes. My clients only ever want red, pink, blue or nude. So if I buy other colours they are usually only because I like them myself. Don’t worry about buying loads yet. Most clients will ask you what suits them or what you think is best so you can recommend them. Nobody has ever said there isn’t enough, it’s always too much choice. As long as you have a few red shades, a nude, french white and a couple of random colours you are all good.

Thank you- phew! That’s a relief! I was thinking I needed a full range which was maxing out my mini budget for setting up! If I combine brands then I’ll just make sure I have correct top/ base coat and my lamp is suited to both. So helpful- many thanks xxx

I use mainly flirties. The have a massive sale on at the moment with the colours going for £1. I also brought in a second brand which everyone is raving about, IKON IQ
Sorry to bother you again but have just looked at the flirties range- there are sheer ones that look interesting and solids I like too. How do you find them for quality/ application/ staying power etc?
Thanks for the heads up!

Sorry to bother you again but have just looked at the flirties range- there are sheer ones that look interesting and solids I like too. How do you find them for quality/ application/ staying power etc?
Thanks for the heads up!
They need around 3 coats, sometimes 4. Last about 3 weeks. Quite hard to soak off. Love the colours.

Thanks! I’ll have a look at flirties, haven’t heard of them. Was looking at IKON last night, need to create an account so I can see their price structure. Like the sound of only needing one coat!
Could you give me any steer on quantity/range of colours you have? I need to choose a variety to appeal to lots of clients- how much do you carry?

Thanks again, help much appreciated
In terms of colours, nudes are popular, reds, black. Greens and blues hardly get used.

Thank you for your help!

Latest posts

Back