Numbing cream for waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudeymel

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a numbing cream for waxing that I could retail to clients? I think it would help clients to relax more if they knew they could use their cream x

Following

Beleza Beauty ♡

Perron Rigot have a Pre Cooling Gel that is a retail product that clients apply themselves prior to their appointment. It's not a numbing cream but contains ingredients which reduces the tingling and overheating and makes the waxing a lot more comfortable.

That sounds good, I'll give that a go if I don't get any numbing cream recommendations :)

Numbing / cooling cremes and gels don't work.

To have any effect they would need to be administered by an anaesthesiologist. The pain from waxing comes from the root of their ... Any products applied to skin is only topical and wot penetrate the skin deep enough to effect it.

My dentist told me once take a paracetamols and ibuprofen 45mina before appt to take edge off.

Best things for reducing pain are:

1. Quality product
2. Pre wax oil
3. Excellent technique
4. Press / stroke skin immediately after removal

I use EMLA numbing cream Which I buy from the chemist (usually used for when having a tattoo or something) I put it on a couple of hours before having a brazzillian wax and it makes a huge difference! I no longer dread having it done you can feel it still a little bit but it's not too uncomfortable. I've tried just taking paracetamel but didn't seem to make a difference.

Out of interest, do you find a difference when getting tattoed using the emla numbing cream? I love them but dread the pain!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well if numbing cream works then I'm finally getting a Brazilian!!

Numbing cream are definitely a good help but they are still chemicals you put in your body and if you do it often, the effects on the body in the long run are not fully known yet.
During the past 3 years, I have been working on how to inhibit pain during hair removal treatments. Actually since I first got into beauty, I have been bothered by how much hair removal treatments hurt and how little concerned the salons seem to be about it so I started to do research on how I could alleviate this pain and developed my own technique, tested it on my customers and they loved it. It wasn't pain free but definitely better than anything they had got before. About a year ago, I discovered an old technique that used to be used in India in the mid 18th century to naturally remove pains and after learning it, I adapted it to the waxing treatments I was performing. This enables me now to deliver painfree waxing treatments without using any chemicals.
It is all down to the technique you use.

I hope that helps... a little :)

There is actually a Brazilian waxing system whether pre-wax has a slight numbing properties. You can ask me the brand arnt you? and I can't tell you because I can't remember sorry :/

Numbing cream are definitely a good help but they are still chemicals you put in your body and if you do it often, the effects on the body in the long run are not fully known yet.
During the past 3 years, I have been working on how to inhibit pain during hair removal treatments. Actually since I first got into beauty, I have been bothered by how much hair removal treatments hurt and how little concerned the salons seem to be about it so I started to do research on how I could alleviate this pain and developed my own technique, tested it on my customers and they loved it. It wasn't pain free but definitely better than anything they had got before. About a year ago, I discovered an old technique that used to be used in India in the mid 18th century to naturally remove pains and after learning it, I adapted it to the waxing treatments I was performing. This enables me now to deliver painfree waxing treatments without using any chemicals.
It is all down to the technique you use.

I hope that helps... a little :)

Can you give more information on what you actually do?

Duchess Tibby olivier does numbing wax not sure if it really numbs thou

I just spoke to a lady from Tibby Oliver and she said nothing they do numbs. She said if they proclaimed that it numed it would be medicine. She didn't give me any other idea that anything they use reduces pain at all so I think it is a myth guys.

Well I do my own Brazilian ( cause I'm mental like that ha ha) and find it only hurts in a particular are for a sec or 2. But there again I've got a very high pain threshold. ;)
I do find however that my clients who have it done on a regular basis take some painkillers 30 minutes before having the treatment as they have said it takes the edge of the pain off. :)

Annemarie as a beauty therapist do you mind or get grossed out doing Brazilians? X

I do my own Hollywood and find holding the skin firmly and pressing hard on the area after removal makes a big difference! I don't get grossed out at all...I just see any hair as hair that needs removing. I dint think about where it is.
TIbby Olivier called the Dutchess Wax 'no more ouch' when they launched it. It's definitely supposed to be a revolutionary new system so I'm shocked they've said otherwise. I've no idea though as I don't use it. X

Last edited:
No scream cream. Google it. Takes the edge off.

They shouldn't advertise it as numbing waxing then as force advertisement, friend trained in it and used it herself and she said it's no different to normal wax and won't carry on using it

They shouldn't advertise it as numbing waxing then as force advertisement, friend trained in it and used it herself and she said it's no different to normal wax and won't carry on using it

Are you talking about Tibby Olivier? I agree. It seems very odd to call it 'no more ouch' and then when someone called about it to say it isn't numbing cream. Makes no sense.

Latest posts

Back