Nurse Practitioner vs GP?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marlise, the problem is the same in the doctors I used to be in. The waiting time was a week at the least, so alot of people started going to A&E as this was the only way to see a doctor, especially with children! Thankfully I wasnt one of those people!

I know for a fact that alot of the patients in my old surgery were pesterers, and were there mainly for the gossip. Generally thought that everyday there was something wrong with them, so lets go and clog up the doctors book and leave no appointments for anybody else!

Repeat prescriptions arent available in the surgery we have just left!!!!!!!! So I had to make an appointment everytime I wanted a prescription to see the doctor, again pointless!

And Mrs.Clooney, I agree that Nurses are having to do the doctors jobs in alot of cases and the patient ends up being misdiagnosed, like my son bless him!

xxx

Marlise, the problem is the same in the doctors I used to be in. The waiting time was a week at the least, so alot of people started going to A&E as this was the only way to see a doctor, especially with children! Thankfully I wasnt one of those people!

I know for a fact that alot of the patients in my old surgery were pesterers, and were there mainly for the gossip. Generally thought that everyday there was something wrong with them, so lets go and clog up the doctors book and leave no appointments for anybody else!

Repeat prescriptions arent available in the surgery we have just left!!!!!!!! So I had to make an appointment everytime I wanted a prescription to see the doctor, again pointless!

And Mrs.Clooney, I agree that Nurses are having to do the doctors jobs in alot of cases and the patient ends up being misdiagnosed, like my son bless him!

xxx
Ok, I'm not going to get on my soap box about the NHS but I will say that there are loads of good reasons why I have chosen beauty over nursing in the UK.

I agree that people become so desperate that they end up having to go off to the A&E to seek help for an ear infection which then clogs up the A&E department with peeps who really should be seen by their GP.

Then as you say hayls, the GP practise is busy with some 'pesterers' so you can't get an appointment there either (nurse prac or doc). It's also a waist of valuable time having to see a doctor for a repeat prescription which could be issued otherwise. It becomes a viscious circle unfortunately.

I agree, I dont go to the doctors unless it is Very urgent and/ or important. I dont like to think of myself wasting appointments that could be used seriously.

Our NHS is in a sorry state, and like you Im not going to get on soap box about it otherwise I would be here for days!

My gran is currently in hospital and the 'care' that she is getting, well doesnt even warrent talking about! Its disgracsful!

Unfortunately this is the way things are going, they are not getting better, they are getting worse.

I do feel for the nurses aswell as they are in alot of circumstances being asked to do a job that they dont know how to, or are not qualified enough to do.

Its a no win situation.

With regard to my son and his ear infection, he was told by the nurse to go home and rest, so he did, as much as a 4 year old can rest! Anyway, it was a deeper problem which led to him passing out and being rushed to hospital, now imho this shouldnt have happened, had he have seen a doctor and got properly diagnosed, this might not have happened!

Interesting thread. It seems to change from practice to practice. It is virtually impossible to get an appointment with any of the doctors unless you can wait a few days. My doctor can be booked up to 2 weeks in advance!!:eek:

We don't have a practice nurse but they do have a duty doctor on every day. The receptionist gets him/her to call that day to consult over the phone. If an appointment is needed they usually see you at the end of the day. This has worked well for me in the past and I think it's a pretty good system.

We also have a walk-in centre where you can see the nurses, which is great. My husband recently had an argument with his petrol hedge trimmer and they stitched him up there and then. Imagine how long he'd have been in A and E?

Sorry, waffle over!:green:

Latest posts

Back