Nursing to beauty therapy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabbs19

Reaction score
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone on here has had a background in nursing before they went on to do beauty therapy? I originally wanted to be a beauty therapist when I finished high school and did nursing instead.... and have regretted it since my first year out as a nurse. I am now just finding it very difficult to decide now whether studying cosmetic nursing or dermal therapies to do the more advanced treatments would be a better option since I already have the nursing qualification or stick to my original plan of beauty therapy? I am interested in laser treatments, chemical peels and Injectables etc but I also still really like things like nails, makeup, waxing and eyelash/brow treatments.

Just wanted to see if anyone did anything similar and their thoughts.

Thank you!

Hi, yes i did my RGN training after A levels and then studied beauty. Your nursing experience is enormously helpful with beauty therapy. Do level 2 and 3 to get the full range of advanced treatments. I also did electrolysis, which I still do a lot of. I've been in beauty 30 years now. During those years I've been employed at a salon, worked from home and been a senior college lecturer in beauty & business at a College of further education.

I have never regretted leaving nursing and it works to my advantage with client confidence in me.
Do level 2 and 3 and then you can decide where to go from there.

Thanks for your response, that helps!

Latest posts

Back