Nut free stock

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candy cupcake

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I am in the process of starting up my home salon and I have a question for seasoned techs.

Do you stock cuticle oil, manicure/pedicure ranges that are nut free on the off chance that someone will book in who has a nut allergy?

I am trying to decide whether it is worth getting an extra set of stock for nut allergy sufferers.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance (PS I currently use Nail Harmony Nourish, but think I shall be moving on to Solar Oil, and neither are nut free =[ ) xxx

Yes I stock nuture oil by nsi in the little bottles and a big bottle for my desk just incase

thanks for replying Maz.

Do you only use NSI nurture oil? Or do you also use a different brand for non allergy sufferers?

And do you use different manicure and pedicure products for allergy sufferers?

I currently use spa ritual, which I'm trying to track down the MSDS for, I may then move onto CND but I know that almond spa is not suitable and citrus is being phased out...... xxx

Or can any cnd geeks tell me which cuticle oil they retail to clients with nut allergies?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm a CND geek lol I use solar oil for most of my clients and retails various sizes, I have the nsi oil for clients with allergies or someone who offered the scent..

Solar oil is amazing and I use it all the time but it's almond based so I never risk with clients with allergies.

I was told on my shellac training that daddi oil is the next best thing to solar oil and is the nut free option xx

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

All That Jazz (sister company to Nail Harmony) have a nut oil free cuticle oil. In fact, none of the products have almond oil in. They come in 3 delicious fragrances too which is an added bonus :)

Thanks all.

Blue Rose, I'm not all that enamoured with all that jazz...but good to know!

Does anyone know any other lines that are nut free?

As in complete collection?

I'm allergic to nuts and lots of other things so I can't have a lot of products. In fact I've never found a full range I can use!

For my spa mani/pedis I did loads of research into the best products and have ended up with a mix and match of brands.

To make it look more professional I decant my moisturisers etc into matching pretty glass pump bottles, which I sterilise before use. I keep the original tubes so anyone can see or use them if they need/want to but no one has ever asked.

I find Dadi oil is the best nut free cuticle oil!

R x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Great tip about using the glass pumps.

Would you mind posting which mani/pedi products you use?
xxx

I use Dadi oil religiously, I don't even stock solar oil as if a bottle leaks or something I'd go into anaphylactic shock.

Scrubs are a nightmare to find for me, so I use a combo of the microplane for feet and a brown sugar scrub with coconut or olive oil. Gets everything baby soft, its gentle and no nasty chemicals!

I was using the cnd citrus for a moisturiser but I'm moving onto doing my own! You can get bases online and add essential oils for scents etc. I'm considering doing a 'scent of the month' or something!

I use euracin (sp?) bath stuff for my soaks - only stuff that doesn't burn holes in my skin.

I know it sounds terrible to mix and match like this but I keep everything in pretty matching bottles so clients can't even tell. Its my only option with my allergies - I can't risk my health just for the sake of using a brand :( if clients ask I'm always 100% honest about what I use and why - most say they don't care what I'm using because whatever I'm doing it works!

Rx

Thanks for that!

Do you have to have an aromatherapy qualification to mix your own lotion and scents?

xxx

From what I can tell from online research and what my insurance said; no, as long as I'm not advertising it as an aromatherapy treatment or that it has health benefits. I plan to keep detailed ingredients lists etc and make my own little mini msds for my own products, but I'm a biomedical scientist in my day job so it's a bit easier for me to do that!

Though I'm based in Scotland and our laws can be different to down south, I'd check for your council area :)

Rx

Ok, thanks again.
Very interesting :)
xxx

Latest posts

Back