nvq 2 fast track course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pink_rose

Reaction score
Hello
Just wanted some advice on fast track course's. 2 years ago i qualified in reflexology, aromatherapy, swedish massage, indian head massage, manicure, padicure and nail tech.

I have just gone back to college but they are saying it will take 2 years to do the nvq 2 due to funding. :mad:
so at the mo i am leaning with the 16 and 17 year old who just mess about and dont seem to want to learn like i do. (i am 25)

Also in passing my hairdresser has said she would like me to work in the therapy room upstairs which she rents out, as she has not got anyone to do massage or work evenings, which i would love to do. plus if the other woman leaves who works in the day, i would like to take over full time. But with doing 2 years at college i dont think i would be able to do this.

has anyone done a fast track course before? if so what are they like and how long does it take to complete?
Also does anyone know if you can get funding for the course because the ones i have been looking at are around £1500

Hello
Just wanted some advice on fast track course's. 2 years ago i qualified in reflexology, aromatherapy, swedish massage, indian head massage, manicure, padicure and nail tech.

I have just gone back to college but they are saying it will take 2 years to do the nvq 2 due to funding. :mad:
so at the mo i am leaning with the 16 and 17 year old who just mess about and dont seem to want to learn like i do. (i am 25)

Also in passing my hairdresser has said she would like me to work in the therapy room upstairs which she rents out, as she has not got anyone to do massage or work evenings, which i would love to do. plus if the other woman leaves who works in the day, i would like to take over full time. But with doing 2 years at college i dont think i would be able to do this.

has anyone done a fast track course before? if so what are they like and how long does it take to complete?
Also does anyone know if you can get funding for the course because the ones i have been looking at are around £1500
Hi,what are you actually learning on this NVQ?

What qualification do you hold for the above training you have already covered?

If you have already covered mani and pedi then all you need is eye treatments,facials,waxing,make up so you should be able to get this done fairly quickly,I would look at another college close to you and have the other units you have done cross referenced.

sorry nvq 2 in beauty.
All the other course i did are vtct.

sorry nvq 2 in beauty.
All the other course i did are vtct.
Ok well have you got any other colleges in the area?
You could then have the courses you have already done cross referenced so you dont have to redo and you should be able to get NVQ level 2 done in a year usually but obviously given the fact you have already covered some of the units you should be able to get it done much quicker.

2 years is usually the time it takes to do both level 2 and 3,certainly not just level 2,that is way too long.

i have looked into another college but they say it is to late to take me now as it is 11 weeks into the course.
At the moment i dont have to retake any thing i have already done. so not doing indian head massage or A & P. so all I have to do really is facials, make-up, waxing and eye treatment which they are saying is going to take 2 years.
But i am put in with the nvq 1 beauty students then will be assesed at level 2 after xmas.
All seems strange to me how they are doing it just cos of funding

i have looked into another college but they say it is to late to take me now as it is 11 weeks into the course.
At the moment i dont have to retake any thing i have already done. so not doing indian head massage or A & P. so all I have to do really is facials, make-up, waxing and eye treatment which they are saying is going to take 2 years.
But i am put in with the nvq 1 beauty students then will be assesed at level 2 after xmas.
All seems strange to me how they are doing it just cos of funding
That's ridiculous putting you with NVQ level 1's,level 1 is for those that didn't do well at school and is really basic,also dosn't cover much in the way of treatments either.

Can they not put you in a mature class which is part time?Maybe ring the other college again and tell them that you are prepared to work really hard in order to catch up with other students,it can be done,even at this late stage as I remember we had a lady who started late into the course.It does take a lot of work but it is possible,especially given that you have already done mani and pedi's.

The only other option is as you said to do a private course.Do a google search on NVQ in your area and see if you could do it that way.I dont think you can get funding for private courses.Good luck though.:hug:

think there is only 3 mature students altogether doing beauty so they have done the same with them but put them in another class.
i will ring the other college and see what they say.
just looking at private classes now to see what there is.
Thank you for your help and advice BABSann

I did the nvq2 fast track last year.

Its not actually that fast lol! It took a full year just like the day students, and we cover exactly the same syllabus, but instead of doing over 5 days a week we have to cram it all into 2 3 hour evening classes a week.

So its not so much fast as intense. It involves a lot more home study and it will require real commitment on your part but it is perfectly do-able.

I am now doing my level 3 in the same way and I certainly don't feel as though I've missed anything by not doing it during the day (except the time wasting by the teenagers!!)

hth

Latest posts

Back